What phone/smart device are you using?

Started by DustiiWolf, January 20, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 30, 2015, 10:23:46 AM
at the very least you can pick up a new one for rather cheap if you have a department store in your area. the walmarts here sell them for like, $15-20 USD. :\
I went the third-party route... needless to say I was sorely-disappointed.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 30, 2015, 10:23:46 AM
last week we attempted to jailbreak GTouch (iphone 4); ran into a list of problems:

1. current version of pangu will not accept a phone that old, Claire had to download an older version, which...
2. did not accept Claire's computer as "good" (it literally said in shitty fake broken Chinese "Your Computer Bad, Use Friend Computer"), which led to
3. Claire having to use MY computer (i don't mind, but still complicated), though this was further complicated by
4. making a backup of the phone (the smart thing to do) since the phone is 32gb, and ultimately
5. even after it finished (which took several hours), the jailbreaking wasn't working, so we had to reschedule for next week.

all this after having to re-import my entire itunes library after i was almost done with it a first time.

this twin idea is getting harder and harder by the day.... *w*;;;;;
Some jailbreak programs are only compatible with specific firmwares, so no surprises there.

Chocofreak13

it's actually an iOS issue; the 4 can only be upgraded to iOS 7.1.2, which isn't supported anymore by the latest edition of Pangu. everyone's expected you to switch over by now, even if the hardware still works. :\

yeahhhh, don't go third-party. appleware is really finicky about that. i've gotten burned by it, too. >>;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I charged it a little and its activation locked anyway
hopefully the exploits come out soon

Chocofreak13

good luck, bro. if you need any advice on jailbreaking or whatever, i can ask Claire and post the responses here. :0
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 02, 2015, 12:17:39 PM
good luck, bro. if you need any advice on jailbreaking or whatever, i can ask Claire and post the responses here. :0
thx g0vernor

just downgraded to ios 6.1.3 using geekgrade, hacktivated and jailbroken

Chocofreak13

why downgrade? you lose a lot of support for certain features if you do. :\
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 03, 2015, 11:10:23 AM
why downgrade? you lose a lot of support for certain features if you do. :\
trying to get past the activation lock on this phone

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 04, 2015, 07:49:10 PM
restoring it to factory didn't help?
no
the imei of the devices are linked to apple's database, so its harder to get past the activation screen now. they check the imei of the device then they can tell what icloud account is associated with it

upgrading my HTC Desire to the Desire S, because of the charging issues and the LED flash failing

Chocofreak13

good luck, man. if you want i can try to ask for Claire's advice on the apple thing, too. :0
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 05, 2015, 12:00:39 PM
good luck, man. if you want i can try to ask for Claire's advice on the apple thing, too. :0
that'd be gr8

alfonso_rd_30

well, I think an update is worth:

(sorry about the grainiy quality... my tablet's cam is not that good)

LeaflameSD

"not that good"? lol
you may as well have taken that on a carrot

nice motorola razr and lg l3

alfonso_rd_30

no, my carrot has no usb port...

andty on the 2nd. moto bewbs

LeaflameSD

My HTC Desire S finally arrived in the mail today... bought it like two weeks ago from eBay. First thing I did with it was unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and Cyanogenmod 11.

tfw comfy