On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winduko

It's just the browser. Windows 10's codename was Threshold.

Chocofreak13

idk if there'll be clones, since 3.1 is an OS whereas this is a browser. but who knows, there might be. all we can tell for sure atm is that Microsoft is lazy with their codenames. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

[secretly expects them to reuse Chicago, NT 5.0, Neptune, and Whistler at some point or another]

winduko

@Kari: Meh, true. I thought it would be funny.

And yeah, I learned that Microsoft was lazy about codenames a long time ago, but I thought that it was funny enough to warrant a reference.

@Pent: NT 5.0 wasn't exactly a codename. It's the technical name for Windows 2000. The guy behind the project was even said to have "not liked codenames."

But if I am correct on the release date of Windows 10, I would be surprised that they didn't codename it Chicago.

Actually no. It would have ruined the surprise.

Chocofreak13

they're gonna nickname it Cleveland instead. xD
click to make it bigger

winduko

I wanted to apply a theme song to a pairing.

So
here is Windows 3.1-tan/System 7.5-tan's theme song. Because I caught myself running into this song, and I felt it describes their relationship more or less.

Goujer (she/her)

I thought they we're killing Internet Explore and replacing it with Spartan?

Chocofreak13

you ship 3.1/7.5? .__.;
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I've never followed the Macintosh-tans much but after looking it up a bit I would say sure why not, cross the boundaries of OS families. We need more of that nowadays as it seems everyone has a side and hates the other. I often use my Mac and PC at the same exact time. (I now have the song Why can't We be Friends stuck in my head)

winduko

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 02, 2015, 12:34:06 AM
you ship 3.1/7.5? .__.;

Platonically, yes.

I can't see them being romantically involved, and even with the whole platonic thing it is kinda one-sided. It's like one-and-a-half sided.

Edit:

Quote from: Legojer on March 02, 2015, 02:47:30 AM
I've never followed the Macintosh-tans much but after looking it up a bit I would say sure why not, cross the boundaries of OS families. We need more of that nowadays as it seems everyone has a side and hates the other. I often use my Mac and PC at the same exact time. (I now have the song Why can't We be Friends stuck in my head)

There is also the long-shipped and recently proven canon ME-tan/Mac OS 9-kun.

Also, I would imagine that most Windows-tans*, at least now, are at least neutral towards Mac-tans. I'd also assume that there aren't many (and probably none who hate all Windows-tans, 3.1-tan is probably seen as hard to hate by them!) anti-Windows Mac-tans today.

*all Windows-tans depending on how you interpret 95-tan willing to help ME-tan after marrying a Mac. Is it that she has gotten over her hatred? Is it that she made Kyuurou an exception? Is it something that I haven't thought of? I don't know, but Kyuurou-kun being the exception to her hatred is my personal favourite explanation. xD

Chocofreak13

i've shipped ME x Kyourou since i got here, largely because it's what the japanese creators intended. i was surprised at the shipping of 3.1, is all, i've never really heard of her being shipped with anyone. :0

also, i feel like This Antique Thing i did for college sums up 95's feelings towards Kyourou well. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

TBH I've shipped 2k with OS9-tan -w-

Chocofreak13

i could see that, but the soul-reply notes on canon pairings stuck in my craw since before i even joined here. as such, i canonically ship 2k with XP-kun. (and before you say "but they're related!" so is everyone that Homeo is paired with sans Shitsuji-kun.)

i've also seen one or two of 2k with Pizza, but this is truer for 2k-kun rather than -tan. i've even seen Pizza-tan be 2k's romantic rival. :0
click to make it bigger

winduko

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 02, 2015, 08:42:48 AMi was surprised at the shipping of 3.1, is all, i've never really heard of her being shipped with anyone. :0

Really? I've seen pictures that ship her with 1.0-tan. Either way, 3.1/7.5 just came about because of the FUN song. Like, it fits.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on March 02, 2015, 10:26:39 AM
TBH I've shipped 2k with OS9-tan -w-

Same. Just same. It's my favourite romantic pairing that doesn't involve 95-tan.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 02, 2015, 10:46:06 AM
i could see that, but the soul-reply notes on canon pairings stuck in my craw since before i even joined here. as such, i canonically ship 2k with XP-kun. (and before you say "but they're related!" so is everyone that Homeo is paired with sans Shitsuji-kun.)

My first impulse was "but Homeo and Hacchan aren't related!"

But then I remembered that yeah, they are, at least in my headcanon. Homeo is a male science lesbian baby of 95-tan and NT-tan (all XP-kuns are male science lesbian babies and I do not frankly care how little sense that makes, or how biologically impossible it is), and Hacchan is Yamada's daughter. Yamada and 95 are sisters, so that means Homeo and Hacchan are first-cousins.

In my headcanon, XP-kun and 2k-tan are just as closely-related as Homeo and Hacchan. XP-kun is still the son of 95 and NT. 2k-tan is the daughter of Cairo-tan (whom I decided looked suspiciously like the Deja Vu NT), the sister of NT-tan, and ...someone.

The closest thing I have to an explanation for 2k-kun is that he's 2k-tan's father, but they look far too close in age for that to be the case.

Basically, how the Windows-gijinkas are related is because story, not because either canon or history. As a general rule, the male counterparts are always directly related (depending on age difference, which is why there is a 2k-kun conundrum).

For example, the 95-gijinkas look rather close in age, so in my canon, they are twins. But at the same time, the 98-kuns look far older than their female counterparts, so in my headcanon, the 98-tans are half-sisters (and not twins at that!), and 98-kun is Hacchan's father, and SE-kun is Secchan's father.

Chocofreak13

.......that is some of the weirdest headcanons i have ever heard of.

and did i ever post the pics of Cairo-tan? thought i did....
click to make it bigger