On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

I love that move in nijikaku. But damn is it hard for me to activate.
click to make it bigger

winduko

I feel you. It's hard to activate a bunch of moves, to be honest. I honestly mash buttons pretty often. xD

Bella

My series is called Iter Tempus. Though the full title is something like Iter Tempus: Scriptum ab Systema Operans Mace Decem Quinquem, Leopardus de Cupertino. Ehhhehehe.

Quote from: stewartsage on May 04, 2014, 06:47:31 PM
I prefer to keep things crushingly depressing rather then dark.  That applies across the board really, but especially to SAGE's slow slog to wherever it is she's going.

(It's OS-tan hell, complete with OS-tan Devil musical number)

Can I just say how much I appreciate that you've managed to make SAGE's story poignant without delving into melodrama? I don't think I'm as bad at writing drama as I could be, but I still wish I had those skills... :C

As for OS-tan hell ... what did SAGE do that was so bad, anyway? I've never really understood, since it seems like everything she did was for her job, the good of the country, or simply to survive.

The only thing I can think is that she's punishing herself for the things she feels she did wrong — not being good enough for the Air Force, not being there for Whirlwind or BUIC (and maybe even SABRE), "letting" her station-tans and all her other loved ones die, in general all the things she regrets. Hell, maybe even guilt over outliving her usefulness and sanity and feeling undeserving of life when nobody else got to stick around. But unless there are some big things we're unaware of, though, it seems like she never really did anything ... wrong. At least not objectively.

Nichi

I just had a stupid thought, involving the idea of a '60s Batman-inspired drawing of VMS and 2k:

If Batman has a can of shark-repellent bat-spray, would VMS have a can of bat-repellent shark-spray? : P

winduko

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 07, 2014, 11:25:19 AM
If Batman has a can of shark-repellent bat-spray, would VMS have a can of bat-repellent shark-spray? : P

I think so, as I just put it in the List of Good Ideas.

On a related note, the equivalent of Batman in my OS-tan universe is Sharkwoman. Because why the fuck not?

Nichi

LOL. One could say that's still OpenVMS; given how the mascot for the OS was a shark

winduko

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 07, 2014, 11:25:19 AM
I just had a stupid thought, involving the idea of a '60s Batman-inspired drawing of VMS and 2k:

VMS-tan has a can of SPRING LOADED BLADES HOLY SHIT WATCH OUT

Quote from: winduko on May 07, 2014, 02:33:38 PM
Fact (that applies to my canon): Sharkwoman is VMS-tan.

VMS-tan is a super hero then? :p

winduko

@Bella: That's what she considers herself.

Also I came up with an idea for a Pokémon/OS-tan crossover.

Pokémon Millennium Version

I blame the whole Hoenn Remakes thing.

Chocofreak13

hm.......ME-tan sets out on a journey from home, waving goodbye to her mother, 95-tan? she gets her first hardwaron from Professor Norton? later on, she is joined by gym leader 2k-tan and hapless water-user XP-tan? ME and friends set off on a quest to make ME a hardwaron master, catching all the RAM and Processors and Hard Drives and Optical Drives? her first one is a Power Supply named Silenx?
click to make it bigger

winduko

Not what I was thinking, but yes. That works. That works very well. xD

On another note, how the fuck does this work?

Button mashing at its finest.

I plan on incorporating a similar move in Slider#2000, but I have no real fucking clue what it's supposed to be. In Slider#2000, it'll probably be done by her hand or something unless it's somehow vital that it comes from her ass.  :\

Also, I have tried to use it as an attack, but it doesn't do a thing. And the fact that the move is called "ahole" (I think, as I had to mash buttons to get it to work) isn't helping.

I also unleashed the lightning thing at least twice while I was trying to get that picture.

Chocofreak13

it might just be a pose. sometimes in practice mode, if you leave the opponent alone long enough, they pose.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Could also be a taunt. Back when I was into Mugen (The base for Nijikaku), the Peter Griffin I had featured a taunt that would summon Brian in a banana costume, singing Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

I also had 2k-tan in my roster, although she was a bit buggy due to slight incompatibilities between the version of Mugen I was using and the one she was designed for. Ah, fond memories of 2k duking it out with the hilariously broken character of "Windows Cursor" xD

winduko

@Kari: Makes sense. I guess the AI would have a sense of humour. xD Didn't do it after I left the game running for a while in the VM though. Shame.

@Pent: That makes sense too. I did know that she had a similar taunt to what I posted (same thing without the interesting blue thing I commented on, and it's infinite).

Bella

Quote from: winduko on May 07, 2014, 06:50:33 PM
@Bella: That's what she considers herself.

Not far from my own story canon, actually. Considering that she's something of a resistance leader and part-time vigilante, ehehe.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but why does Xenix-tan seem like a freaking Black Lagoon character?

I mean she's BAD-TEMPERED NANNY-ASSASSIN. She was the caretaker of PCDOS, MSDOS and the early Windows-tans, but she spent a considerable amount of time strangling enemies to death with a garrote too. She got kicked out of the IBM-Microsoft family for being too deadly and scheming, disowned by the Unices for being too defiant, and was ultimately sent to the front lines of the Unix Wars to die and she perished in battle like the fucking badass she was...