Wot's Playing?

Started by Q4(V), June 14, 2006, 09:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

TRUE DAT, I FORGOT SOME OF THE FINER PLOT DETAILS SO REWATCHING IT MADE THINGS A LOT CLEARER. I can't wait for the third movie now. : o

I'm watching My Little Pony: Equestria Girls now.

It's not as heinous as I expected it would be, though the character design still annoys me. (WHY ARE THE MANE SIX ALL WEARING SKIRTS AND BOOTS? WHY DO ALL THE EXTRAS LOOK LIKE HIPSTERS?)

Other thoughts in no particular order:
Spoiler: ShowHide

-Of course Twilight Sparkle can't figure out how to function with wings.
-Of course Twilight Sparkle can't figure out how hands and feet work. Too bad Lyra isn't there to help.
-OF COURSE Fluttershy has a bag full of animals.
-Applejack is best human....pony...thing.
-Is Spike The Dog hitting on Rarity the .... human-thing?
-God the character design for Luna and Celestia is awful.
-Somehow the most disturbing thing about all this is human!Mane Six using modern technology like I am not prepared to hear Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie arguing about emails and texting.
-Pinkie Pie is still giving no shits about the fourth wall or maybe a sorceress, who the hell knows.
-They keep talking about portals and there's a character named Flash Sentry, is there any chance that Gabe Newell had something to do with all this?
-The final showdown and resolution was legit weird and kind of derailed everything imo, but it involved dancing Twilight so it's almost all worth it. 

All in all, it wasn't amazing but it was much better than I anticipated it would be, and it's certainly not bad enough to be a series-ender. 6/10 would recommend.

Nichi

I'm still honestly afraid of it .___.;

Also, I do think the character design was terrible. I mean, I've seen far better fan-made humanized versions than this >_>;

Chocofreak13

looks too much like monster high for me. (not a big fan of MH either; while i find it super-cool that they are ball-jointed dolls with fully-articulated poseable hands and shit, they're more anorexic than bratz, which is saying a lot.) think i'll look up Human!Celestia and Luna on google, but that'll be the end of it.

SVU and "Give Me Novocaine" by Green Day.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I just finished MLP - Equestria Girls.

Chocofreak13

Deadly Women and a Downpour.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

Deadly Women. also, "Your Universe" off of coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

OWATTA!
BEIKOKU!
OWATTA!
BEIKOKU!
OWATTA!
BEIKOKU!
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Currently: Sword Art Online
Earlier: MapleStory: New Leaf Saga

It's an MMO kind of night here -w-

Chocofreak13

*hands tea and DVD of .hack//SIGN* -w-

SVU.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Thanks

So, I just finished MapleStory: New Leaf Saga. Only episode left is the Holiday Special, which I'll watch some other time. My thoughts below:

MapleStory: New Leaf Saga: ShowHide
I remember watching a random episode of it way back in 2011, and I remember I never could find the previous episodes...until recently. Apparently, the show had a decent run; starting in 2010 as an on-off special and evolving into a continuing series from 2011 until this part January, when they wrapped up the story.

Considering the early episodes were full of humor poking fun at oddities with MapleStory and MMORPGs in general, I was surprised by the turn it took toward the end; as it felt vaguely like the .hack//Legend of the Twilight anime (Although it's still trying to have a serious conclusion, it does still have some humor all the way to the end).

To be honest, the ending was very underwhelming; the final battle was about as spectacular as you can get with Flash animation and MapleStory sound effects (Let's just say, my recent boss fight as Gardy to make her 3rd class advancement was much more intense), and the resolution was underwhelming (Granted, given this series is fairly G-rated and animated in Flash, befriending the villain and delivering a message on how friendship is magic is about all they could really do).

Still, it was an enjoyable series, and from what I could tell, was better received than the 2007 MapleStory anime; which nobody seemed to finish subbing. I'd suggest checking it out if you're into MapleStory or another MMO, and want a series that pokes fun at MMOs

Chocofreak13

Lotus (Pianokind Cover) - Homestuck

now, SVU.

Spoiler: ShowHide
and later on i'm gonna put on my LP of I Fell Asleep in the Pool -w-
click to make it bigger