Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Simonorged

Simon was here :P

DustiiWolf

Im curious what your guys' opinions on furries are?
Official -tans are my bat signal.

stewartsage

DustiiWolf

NejinOniwa

Two guys are laughing their asses off and handing another guy their guns. One other guy looks like he's mentally facepalming with the force of ten suns. Go figure. it means "go kill yourself"
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

DustiiWolf

Quote from: NejinOniwa on December 06, 2013, 01:02:51 AM
Two guys are laughing their asses off and handing another guy their guns. One other guy looks like he's mentally facepalming with the force of ten suns. Go figure. it means "go kill yourself"

so much for having a semi-serious discussion... Then again, shame on me for expecting such, based on the two posts before my question.

Edit: Would you look at that, hidden text... Seriously? Or just more random, non pertinent joking per usual.

Chocofreak13

if I recall that gif is from super troopers. correct me if i'm wrong.

I have many furry friends, and while i'm not a furry myself, I have no problem with them.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

DO YOU EVEN WHITETEXT BRO
Just translaterpreting Stew's image. Personally I couldn't give two shits about furries; it's never been a prominent issue around here (frozen north and whatnot), and all the contact I've had with them is 4chan. Which isn't really unbiased, to say the least.

I'm sure there are decent people who are furries out there, and as long as they don't do weirder shit than that one might as well let them do whatever they want in that regard. Hell, I don't think I've even SEEN a furry in action, so to speak.

So while I think the phenomenon itself is pretty dumb and the people doing it are a bit kook for it, it's a bit like christianity. I don't mind them as long as they don't spew their stuff all over my space/webs.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 06, 2013, 09:34:00 AM
if I recall that gif is from super troopers. correct me if i'm wrong.

I have many furry friends, and while i'm not a furry myself, I have no problem with them.

that's cool. ( ^w^)
at least someone responded appropriately ( >w>)
Still don't understand the purpose of that GIF, though...

Quote from: NejinOniwa on December 06, 2013, 09:59:06 AM
DO YOU EVEN WHITETEXT BRO
Just translaterpreting Stew's image. Personally I couldn't give two shits about furries; it's never been a prominent issue around here (frozen north and whatnot), and all the contact I've had with them is 4chan. Which isn't really unbiased, to say the least.
No. You don't say./sarcasm

Quote from: NejinOniwa on December 06, 2013, 09:59:06 AM
I'm sure there are decent people who are furries out there, and as long as they don't do weirder shit than that one might as well let them do whatever they want in that regard. Hell, I don't think I've even SEEN a furry in action, so to speak.

So while I think the phenomenon itself is pretty dumb and the people doing it are a bit kook for it, it's a bit like christianity. I don't mind them as long as they don't spew their stuff all over my space/webs.
I guess you have a valid point Though, people would say the same about OS-tans (its just a matter of what's being anthropomorphized.) and comparing it to Christianity is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Chocofreak13

you misattributed the third quote block to me. but all the furries I've met are lovely people who have a bad rep largely due to 4chan and the media. their business is their business, end of story.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 06, 2013, 10:12:44 AM
you misattributed the third quote block to me. but all the furries I've met are lovely people who have a bad rep largely due to 4chan and the media. their business is their business, end of story.

I know. I caught right after I hit post and fixed it. I'm on my phone and copied the wrong quote block

Simonorged

I like furies, especially when the artist is good at drawing it, a good "realistic" art style.
Simon was here :P

Nichi

I have no real issue with furries. Well, I have some problem with the more obsessed ones who try to shove their fetish down the throats of others, but then again, I hate any sort of people who try to shove something they like down the throat of another, so that in itself is not a problem limited to the furry fandom.

Besides, if you can look past the awkward hentai and lazy Sonic the Hedgehog recolors, there are some really cool character designs out there that come from that fandom :3