/OSC/ Skypetable RPG - Changeling: The Dreaming (2nd Edition)

Started by Chocofreak13, January 29, 2012, 09:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 02, 2012, 03:11:38 PM
can i just request that if you can't make it to a game, you either tell me over skype or report in here? seriously, i'm getting so fed up with it that i'm wondering why i even bother.
I take my rage and add it to the previous post.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

at least we can agree on SOMETHING.

now then, NEW RULE: IF YOU MAKE A CHARACTER USING RESOURCES THAT I HAVE NOT PROVIDED, GIVE THEM TO ME FOR APPROVAL. SAME GOES FOR CHARACTERS; IF I DON'T APPROVE OF HOW IT'S DONE, IT'S NOT DONE.

(sorry, but i'm sick of characters that look like they have been played for several years entering a game that's supposed to be fresh.)
click to make it bigger

Bella

I have a bunch of stuff on my plate and can't make it to the game tonight, sorry guys. :/

NejinOniwa

Come out of your hidey-hole and stop being hermits, EVERYONE. It's game night.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on June 02, 2012, 06:07:07 PM
I have a bunch of stuff on my plate and can't make it to the game tonight, sorry guys. :/

thanks for telling me this NOW. >>;
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

thanks to the turn-based system, things went a hell of a lot smoother this time around!! from now on, all games will start with a deciding roll to determine order. (think of it as who's sitting first around the virtual "table".)

this begins the logs of the game.

[7:58:21 PM] Hikari Chiisai (小 光): -game start-

The players wake up dazed and confused, on a subway train. Looking around the car, there are other occupants on the train: a mother and child, a construction worker, an elderly couple, and a college student. Just as they are about to react, they being pulling into a stop marked "Snyder".
per + alert roll, plz.
(diff 6)
[8:01:05 PM] Nejin: 4 successes
(小 光): there is a detailed subway map on the inside of the car. you're on the east half of the red line. (refer to the subway map, if you have it.)
[8:03:12 PM] PentiumMMX: 2 successes
(小 光): you notice a colourful map on the wall.
[8:13:21 PM] Mel: 6 successes
(小 光): You see a detailed subway map of all 5 lines of the Ashberg Subway. you can see you're currently on the red line, headed east.
The mother and child have gotten off. Before the players can react, the train is moving again.
(WHAT YOU DO)
-pause-
-unpause-
Gardenia was sitting quietly in her seat; confused by why she was suddenly on the subway. Ignoring the feeling of deja vu, she wished that she was able to get a better look at the map on the wall
Medea tries to remember how she ended up on the subway but can't. She sees by the map she's already over half way to the last stops to decides to continue on.
Cilvarge pays little attention to the map, now that he knows where he is. He must've slumbered for a moment and come back around on the subway - he was originally going back to Chilter Hill on the other end of the line. He takes a few papers up from his backpack and starts reviewing a few papers from his students.

(小 光): the players can feel something twitch in their pockets!!!
Upon feeling a weird sensation in her pockets, Gardenia reaches in to figure out what was in there.
Medea digs through the folds in her skirt to find her pockets not remembering putting something in there.
Cilvarge quickly takes his cell from the same pocket, "answers", hisses "Not now, Hatter!", clicks, and keeps reading.
After which he realizes something else came out too, which he then picks up.

(小 光): A search of the pockets reveals the exact same note in all of their pockets:

END OF THE LINE
                     9PM

Gardenia began to ponder to herself why she'd be going to the end of the line
Medea looks at her watch to see the time. She has no idea why she's going there but doesn't want to be late.
Cilvarge crumples the note, mutters "Well that's bloody stupid" and throws it away, mumbling on about "bloody court business".
(小 光): The train pulls into the next stop.
(小 光): Per + Alert Roll (diff 6)
PentiumMMX: 2 suc
Nejin: 2s
Mel: 3
(小 光): Cilvarge and Gardenia: it's 8:47. given the slight fatigue you're feeling and the lack of people, you figure it's PM.
(小 光): Medea: It's 8:47 pm, and you've just headed east, towards the End of the Line stop.
(小 光): The construction worker gets off at this stop, labeled Jefferton Avenue.
Feeling tired, Gardenia began to wonder how much longer until the train arrives at their destination
Medea waits patiently for the train to reach the last stop, where the note said to get off.
Seeing as there aren't many trains running this time of day, Cilvarge figures he'd have to take this same one back anyway, so he remains seated, reviewing his students' papers. At one point he stands up and screams, "Bloody hell NO, Ashleigh, what are you THINKING!"
After which he sits down and grumbles again.

(小 光): As time goes on, the college student gets off at Bunker, and the elderly couple at Oakdale. Just as the train begins to pull into End of the Line, it slows.....then picks up speed to double max speed. Those sitting are thrown sideways.
As Gardenia hit the wall beside her, suddenly she found herself more awake...and slightly irritated and confused
Medea is ablw to grab hold of a pole to prevent her from going too far. She looks out the window trying to catch sight of anything.
Cilvarge, whose perfect balance keeps him perfectly level, is entirely unnoticing of what's going on. He keeps reading.

(小 光): After what feels like a minute (approx. 24 seconds), the train stops short.
(小 光): The doors release, and once the dust settles they are in an underground freehold. Various supernaturals are gathered around small fires, most casting distrustful glances at them. "Ed wants to see ya," a gruff-looking knocker in a conductor's cap and suspenders says to them. He pushes down on a large switch, and the train begins to move backward. As the players advance, they see a figure sitting on a large seat in front of a wall of fire.
"Who is Ed?", Gardenia asked the knocker
"Ed...." Medea repeats quietly to herself as she looks around at the freehold. Being underground and in the dark she feels right at home.
"This freehold is soggy! What sort of janitors do you hire anyway, Redcaps?" Cilvarge keeps reading and muttering as he walks out.

(小 光): "HELLLLOOOOOO, TRAVELLERS!!', the figure shouts. Coming closer, they can see she is a young Corgie pooka who looks suspiciously like Ed from Cowboy Bebop. "You're finally here~~~" she says, getting up and hugging the closest party member.
"Are you Ed?", Gardenia asked, thinking this person looked familiar; like maybe she saw her in a TV show or something
"Hello to you too," Medea says a little surprised by the hug. She pokes at the Corgie ears and pats her on the head a bit.
"Go die in a fire! Actually, there's one right over there! Don't disturb the professor while he's reading!" Cilvarge still seems to be rather oblivious about what's going on (he's still reading, and sort of thinks he's in class).
(小 光): "Ed needs your help! Vincent has a favour to ask!" she says, gesturing to the right. out of the shadows walks Vincent, a mid-20's knocker. "My brother Simon killed my father. I've always wanted vengance, but the timing was never right, especially since now I have my daughter. What you can do for me is to find him, and END him."

"You mean, I have to kill him?" Gardenia said; uncomfortable over the thought of doing that
"Why us?" Medea asks. "What makes us so special? Why should we seek revenge for you?"
Cilvarge suddenly snaps to attention when the word "kill" is mentioned. "Well if you were out for a contract, just say so. My rates are usually pretty favorable when the Court's involved. Details, boy?"

(小 光): "Ed'll pay you THIIIIIS MUUUCH~!" Ed says, stretching out her arms like she's preparing for another hug. "Simon is a threat to our whole community, so getting rid of him is also like a public~service~~!" Ed continues, prancing around.
"I have a bad feeling about this...", she said; slightly worried about the possibiltiy of being forced to end another person's life
"Pay us with what?" Medea asks. "Do we get to choose?"
"Couldn't you just have sent me a damn e-mail, seriously?" Cilvarge huffs.
(小 光): Ed looks confused. she pulls a roll of bills out of her pocket and shows it to Medea, before putting it back in.
(小 光): She gives a gigantic grin to Cilvarge.

(小 光): "He keeps a low profile!! ^^ So here are his last known whereabouts! Now go to it, angels!! Ed says cheerfully, as the crowd begins to push them back towards the subway platform.
"Well, it doesn't look like I have much of a choice" Gardenia said; as she was pushed back into the train car
"I hope we get around chance to see Ed," Medea says more to herself. "I want to ask her some questions....."
"WHY HAVEN'T YOU SHOWN ME YOUR BOOBS YOU FILTHY CRETIN" Cilvarge yells as he's pushed back.
(小 光): As they reach it, another train pulls up. The doors open and they are shoved inside. Just before the train leaves, Ed bounds up to them. "Waaa--aaa--aaait!! You're going to need help here!! Ed says you need to find Astrid! Take this and she'll find yoooouuu~~~" Ed says, twirling off as she hands the nearest player a bumblebee shaped broach.
Taking a seat, Gardenia was thinking over everything; wondering who Astrid is, and if this person is friendly or not
"Ed gave you the note, right?" Medea asks, turning to Cilvarge. "What does it say?"
"Well don't be brash, young lady, I haven't read it yet!" Cilvarge brumbles off before rolling the note up and reading it aloud.

(小 光): Back on the train, the kids will look at the paper they were given to find this:

LAST SEEN IN CHESTER SQ., ON HOPE ST.
(ROCKMORE STOP, RED LINE)

SIMON IS TALLISH, SHAGGY BROWN SHOULDER-LENGTH HAIR,
AMBER-GOLD EYES, USUALLY WEARING JEAN

Nejin: "Egads! Jeans! This man has no style! I need my heavy equipment for this. We should have a little strategy meeting, folks!
"I think we should go there next", Gardenia suggested to the group
"Shouldn't we find this Astrid character first?" Medea asks. "After all Ed said we'll need her help."
"I think you fine ladies should join me in my quarters for a spot of tea, and a strategy meeting! It's always easier to do a hit properly if you've planned ahead. Oh, and tea."
"True that" Gardenia said to Medea
"I agree on the planning ahead part," Medea says to Cilvarge. "But finding Astrid should be first in my opinion. If we're going to need their help, then we should plan with them present."
"Ah, fine. I suppose this Astrid lass is likely to be just as charming as you two, and the more charm the better, am I right? Yes I am. Allons-y!"

(小 光): Once they reach the correct stop, they will get off and go up to find themselves right in the middle of Chester Square.
"So, where do we go?" Gardenia asked. "I don't think we'll find Astrid by standing around"
"Maybe with the item Ed gave us?" Medea suggests.
"This sonic screwd- I mean, this device we received should surely come in handy! Allons-y!"
(小 光): Per + Alert (diff 6)
PentiumMMX: 4 suc
Mel: 5 suc
Nejin Oniwa: 6s
(小 光): Gardenia can see the street sign for hope street on her left!
(小 光): Medea can see it too, plus that the street seems quite large.
(小 光): Cilvarge, being from nearby, knows that the street is HUGE. and on his left. :3
PentiumMMX: "There's Hope Street. Should we try going that way?"
"It's a huge street," Medea says looking to her left. "But it's as good as place as any to start."
"Well come along then, Pond!" Cilvarge struts off merrily toward Hope street.

(小 光): Per + Ken (diff 7)
Nejin: 3s
Mel: 0
(小 光): medea: you're too distracted by the atmosphere of the red light district to notice.
(小 光): gardenia: there seems to be a freehold nearby.
(小 光): cilvarge: there's a freehold up the street from you.
"My freehold senses are tingling" Gardenia said; trying to fing out what direction to go in
"Where is the freehold?" Medea asks.
"It's right up the street, ladies. Move along!" Cilvarge marches on.
Nejin: I cast hopscotch on Medea's skirts. sneakily.

(小 光): a [MYSTERIOUS FORCE]  draws them in the opposite direction of the freehold.
(小 光): per + ken (diff 5)
Nejin: 2s
PentiumMMX: 3 suc
Mel: 2 suc
(小 光): Cilvarge and a now blushing Medea notice an abundance of glamour directly towards their left.
(小 光): Gardenia turns and sees a playground in the distance,
and it's COVERED IN GLAMOUR. <3
"Follow me, guys; this seems promising" she said; waiving for the others to follow
Medea straightens the layers on her skirt and follows after Gardenia.
Cilvarge enjoys the view and prances onwards with a big grin on his face.
(小 光): (everyone gains 2 points of temp glamour)
(小 光): There are some changelings nearby, with a couple other supernaturals.
(小 光): As the party approaches, the broach begins to glow, giving off a warm, brightish light.
"Now this is what I call sonic!" Cilvarge yells.
(小 光): The supernaturals scatter as they get closer.
Having a feeling something was about to happen, Gardenia slips on her goggles and listens carefully; for any signs
Medea pulls out a small packet of matches and keeps her eyes open. She steps closer to Gardenia to the girls are now back to back.
"Well this bloody trinket was damn useless! Seriously! What did I get this for anyway, I want my money back!" Cilvarge stomps his feet, takes the brooch and
I THREW IT ON THE GROUND.
YEEEAH.

Nejin: 6s
Nejin: no, wait. 5s.
Mel: 4 suc
Nejin: only 5 dies in that pool. soz.
(小 光): turn order: Gardenia, Medea, Cilvarge/Astrid

(小 光): -fight-

(小 光): a Female troll, a little over 6 feet tall, comes charging at the party in full plate armour, sword behind her, long blonde braid trailing.
Nejin: "But...but...That's not even sexy! THIS IS NOT WHAT I CAME FOR!"

Pulling out her jump rope, Gardenia prepares herself for battle
PentiumMMX: (Roll for attack)
PentiumMMX: 1 suc
(小 光): it pings off the shining silver breastplate as she continues on the warpath.

Medea lights one of her matches and turns the tiny flame into a wall of fire that's placed between them and the on coming troll.
Mel: 2 suc

Cilvarge's phone blares on at full volume.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhVrNfg4nXc&feature=related
He strikes a pose and CASTS WIND RUNNER ON HIMSELF
SEXILY
While the troll is charging at them, Cilvarge throws his hair back and leans backward, like holding onto an invisible pole. He then starts spiraling upward said invisible pole, mystically held up by the air.
10 meters up in the sky, he draws his swords.
"HAVE AT THEE!"

(小 光): Astrid charges up, scraping her sword on the ground as she scoops up the broach.
(小 光): She stops and quickly rises from her crouched pose, reaching into her belt and taking out some gum. Popping it in her mouth, she begins chewing.

Tossing her rope onto the ground toward Astrid, Gardenia began to move her hands like she was holding the rope with mittens on; in an effort to manipulate it
(小 光): The rope swoops down and wraps itself around Astrid's arm, immoblizing her sword along with it. She struggles against, the rope, slowly moving her arm.

"If you're Astrid, then please listen to us," Medea calls as loud as her voice as a sluagh can. "Ed sent us to find you. We need your help."
(小 光): Astrid snarls in her direction. "LET'S SEE YOU TALK THAT WAY ONCE YOU COOL OFF!
(小 光): Astrid closes her eyes and blows a single kiss in the direction of the fire wall.
(小 光): A mist seeps out with the kiss, coating everything in a fine frost. The wall of fire freezes solid from the point of impact. Caught in the crossfire is Gardenia's jumprope, which now weakened by the ice, shatters towards the end of the rope, freeing her.

"NO CHEWING GUM IN CLASS! IT'S DETENTION FOR YOU!" Cilvarge roars from upon high.
MANFALL: CHARGING FROM ABOVE LIKE A BOSS
(小 光): "Already graduated, Grandpa!!" She retorts with a smirk.
Cilvarge draws his second blade as he gets closer to the ground.
(小 光): Astrid attempts to dodge
"YES! WITH STRAIGHT F'S, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF REDCAP SHIT!"
*clash*
Nejin: 6succ
(小 光): - 2 from Astrid's dodge
"YOU'RE EXPELLED."
(小 光): Astrid casts a menacing glare from her position, sprawled out in the dirt. She reaches for her sword.
"EXPELLED, MISS! EXPELLED!" Cilvarge yells, then takes the sword and FLIES UP AGAIN.
"I AM CONFISCATING THIS!"
(小 光): Astrid rises to her feet slowly, and, shaking her fist at him in the air, curses in thick swedish. "DRA ÅT HELVETE, DIN JÄVEL!"
Nejin: "I SEE YOU FAILED ENGLISH CLASS AS WELL, YOU SHITHEAP!"

Because she lost her rope, Gardenia decided to attempt something crazy. She began to do a few squats, before starting to run in place to get herself warmed up
PentiumMMX: 4 suc
(小 光): Gardenia begins running in a circle, ensnaring Astrid within it as it gets faster. Gradually, she begins to tighten the circle, whipping the air around into a miniature cyclone. Astrid is gradually lifted a few feet off the ground.
(小 光): As Astrid floats in a sort of air-stasis, she bites down hard on her gum, and exhales.
(小 光): Her exuded breath forms an icy layer over the ground. The sheer surface slips up Gardenia, breaking the cyclone.
(小 光): Astrid falls 15 feet and hits her head on the ground, knocking her out. The broach, safely tucked away on her person, ceases to glow.

(小 光): -game off-
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

God dammit I missed it. I really wanted to play but academic constraints stopped me. :(
This looks amazing though.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

As a general note, I was trolling pretty hard the entire time, not only because when it ended it was 5:30 AM for me...

still, good times. ^^

Nichi

Agreed. Here's hoping next week, we can continue with our quest :3

Chocofreak13

@cockle: we'd love to have you! doesn't matter if you missed the first one, we can work you in somehow, so it's all good. -w- message me and we can start building you a character. :3
@nej: but that's awesome!! late-night gaming is one of my favourite ways to play, since things get so crazy! changeling is supposed to be insane, and that just makes it more awesome. you know you're doing something right when you're making the DM laugh their ass off. xDDDD
@pent: but of course. -w-

if it wasn't mentioned before, i'd appriciate it if people could let me know AHEAD OF TIME if they can't make it. common courtesy, srsly. >>;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

ROLE CALL!
Who is going to be able to join us for this Saturday's Changeling game?

I can go ahead and confirm that I'll be there :3

NejinOniwa

BUT IT'S NOT SPELLED THAT WA-oooooh. I see what you did there, well played son

I'm here, I guess.
ALSO INVADING THE THREAD SLIGHTLY
I would like to inform people interested that I'm working up the details of the Mutant campaign, so if you'd be interested in that later on, hit me up and we'll get a thread going. (Otherwise I'll just forcefully recruit you later huehuehue)

Chocofreak13

thread invasion is okay, so long as you don't derail the damn thing. don't make me do what i did with the theory thread. >>;;;

i'd BETTER be there, otherwise there'd be no game. i haven't talked to mel in a few days, though, so i'll have to confirm with her later.

has anyone talked to cockle about joining up?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I tried 3 times yesterday, but she never replied. Hopefully somebody else will get in contact with her

Chocofreak13

nej, i leave it to you. >>;

EDIT: i have just been informed that mel will be joining us.
click to make it bigger