Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyJackthePirate

They are enjoying that rain.

Baby pic of a cat named Lil' Bub

Things to not cover in bacon: 1. Your cat, 2. Your smartphone, 3. Grandma, and 4. Your computer.
Things to cover in bacon: 1. Meatloaf, 2. Chicken, 3. Jalapenos, and 4. More bacon.

Chocofreak13

LOL HOW DO I FLUFFY PONY
LOL I DUNNO
click to make it bigger

Nichi

DIGLETT: Defying logic since 1996

LeaflameSD

I owned this film on DVD when I was about 9 or 10

Apparently, it wasn't as good as I remember.

Nichi

I've heard many say the 3rd was one of the best in the series. Keep in mind I haven't watched it in at least 10 years or so

On a semi-related subject, how others view me when I'm training

LeaflameSD

Lel.

Was editing this picture for a video:

Kawaii as hell.

Chocofreak13

NIGGAH, THAT'S KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIII
what's the video about? school project? :0

@pent: i lol'd, i love that comic but it updates like, once a year. >>;
and pokemon logic is specifically the LACK of logic. after all, we have this!

as for the pokemon movies, i remember the first 3 vividly but after that things get...fuzzy.
Spoiler: ShowHide
okay, checking Bulbapedia, i find i have seen the following movies, and will rate them as such:

Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back - Original, classic, and a solid stone part of my childhood. the fact that it was disconnected from the main plot only served to make it appeal further since tbh i found the show a little bit...."fluffy", even as a kid. further appealing was how dark in tone the first movie was. those slaps looked like they hurt! and, though she was brainwashed, joy looked good in that outfit, and cute as a little hologram. and the animation and sounds of dragonite flying? ugh, all of my nostalgia feels. >w<

Pokemon: The Movie 2000 - funny thing is that out of the original 3, i think i saw this one the least. (still saw it at least twice). i found the plot a little ridiculous (ash is the chosen one? YOU DON'T SAY?) and pretentious, but hey, the music was good. it introduced me to ocarinas, even if i didn't know it since they used THE MOST OBSCURELY-SHAPED SHELL-MADE TWISTY ONE YOU EVER DID SEE. it made up for the fact that everything else was one giant butt. however, seeing the legendary birds kicked ass and Slowking is a cool, cool pokemon. out of the original 3, however, this one is my least favourite. :\

Pokemon 3: The Movie - Spell of the Unown - oh good god, this one, all of my feels. i fucking loved it. the crystal, the little girl with the powers, the entei (around this time i randomly found an entei in pokemon crystal and sort of caught it by accident, so i was super-loyal to entei....and still am >w< ), the unown (though i will say their singing was cheesy and stupid), team rocket trying to be all sneaky, and seeing ash's mother, professor oak, etc just hanging out, it was so cool. hands down this is my favourite. (first movie comes in at a close second.)

Pokemon 4Ever - Celebi: Voice of the Forest - i had a celebi pokemon card so this movie appealed to me from the start, and while i don't remember much of the ACTUAL plot, i do remember enjoying it. the time travel angle was quite interesting and funny (LOL SAMUEL USES CHARMELON WITH HIS ANCIENT STEAMPUNK POKEBALL), and for some reason i vividly remember the bread they were given at the start of the movie. seeing dark pokemon featured was also interesting, since they're barely mentioned at all in the series. and Suicune? don't get me started, man, don't get me started. ~>w<~ (tbh though, this movie didn't resonate as strongly with me as the first 3; this could have been due to me getting older, but i think this began the signal of my general distaste with the series....though this movie was still in johto, and had misty, so i wasn't disconnected just yet. -w- )

Jirachi: Wish Maker - i know i saw this movie at least once. i don't remember much, but from what i do remember, i didn't care for it as much as the original series. mainly because the 3 musketeers were broken up and i was sad. i liked may and max, i did, but perhaps the producers though that by keeping the M in their name, they were splitting Misty into 2. they failed. they really did on that note. (but out of the alternate companions, i liked may and max the best, they were awesome in their own ways.) this movie, though, was actually WORSE than the series! which i didn't think was possible. (though i DID still enjoy watching it.....i think) the ONE redeeming quality i remember from it was max's relationship with Jirachi; it was quite similar to his relationship with that Ralts he found in the original series (that episode...so many feels!). being that i don't remember it, i don't remember much emotional connection to it all. but it was sweet.

Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea - i have seen this movie several times and frankly i don't know why. it was good.....i guess.....but tbh compared to the other movies on this list (excluding Jirachi, it beats Jirachi), it pales in comparison. the idea of May being "mother" to Manaphy was both adorable/emotional and SEVERELY awkward...you're not its "mother", stop pretending you are. i WILL admit i teared up at the end when May had to let Manaphy go, but overall this movie was rather blah compared to the first ones on the list. most of the time, i watched it because it was something that was on. (i couldn't even GET half the pokemon in that movie in the games anyway...)
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Y U NO WATCH LUCARIO MOVIE DAMNIT MINION DO IT NAO
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 06, 2013, 10:16:07 AM
what's the video about? school project? :0
Oh, it's just a Slam Jam.

NejinOniwa

realizing I haven't had my daily dose yet

BRONG ON THO SLOM JOM

Chocofreak13

@leaf: i lol'd.

@nej: I BELIEVE I MAY HAVE WATCHED IT ONCE MASHTUR, BUT I CANNOT RECALL THE DETAILS
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

LadyJackthePirate

Quoting the Picture: "This is a tombstone in my city Lund, Sweden. It is there in the memory of a boy that died when he was 5 years old. I don't know anything else about the boy but I love this tombstone."

He must be catching shinies in the afterlife.

Enjoy the feels bitches!

Also:
Things to not cover in bacon: 1. Your cat, 2. Your smartphone, 3. Grandma, and 4. Your computer.
Things to cover in bacon: 1. Meatloaf, 2. Chicken, 3. Jalapenos, and 4. More bacon.

LeaflameSD