Apparently this is what one alternate universe female version of me looks like

Is dat a Nao?
Have a sexy Nao.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/300355

Nichi

Not sure. Kriz sent the pic to me, but didn't say who she was ^_^;

Very nice pic, though :3

stewartsage

You know who should actually be pissed in the scheme of largely forgotten inventors?  Doug Engelbart and Bill English, inventors of the mouse, who've never seen a dime from their creation after SRI licensed it to Apple for 40k.  Hell, the entire NLS team should be pretty pissed that history has ignored their work that lead to the Alto and eventually the Mac(s) and PC(s).

Fuck that though, have Woona on a broom.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on October 08, 2012, 04:34:02 AM
For someone so obsessed with vintage, I thought you would know the historical truth.
http://obamapacman.com/2010/03/myth-copyright-theft-apple-stole-gui-from-xerox-parc-alto/

All that image does is make Bill look like a fool.

Please refrain from lecturing me on matters of technology history or truth, since - in my experience - you have very little regard for, or knowledge of, either. (See also: your bizarre belief that DOS isn't an OS, that command-line interfaces are useless/difficult/unneeded in today's world, obtuse grasp of computer history, absolute ignorance of copyright law, belief that Steve Jobs was a Great And Powerful Computing Pioneer when he was, in actuality, a marketing genius - at best - and inability to comprehend why people use Windows, Linux, open-source software, well, basically anything that isn't Made in Cupertino™ by Apple™ Incorporated™)

I'd attempt to counter your attack with some sort of rational argument, but in my experience, arguing with an ideologue is about as fruitful an endeavor as shouting at a brick wall.

Dr. Kraus

@bella: OHHHHHHHHH, BURN MUTHAFUCKA DAT WAZ HAWT ASS BURN RIGHT THER.

1st Para reporting in, we are taking Dublin back for the Kingdom

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on October 08, 2012, 06:05:20 PM
Quote from: Krizonar on October 08, 2012, 04:34:02 AM
For someone so obsessed with vintage, I thought you would know the historical truth.
http://obamapacman.com/2010/03/myth-copyright-theft-apple-stole-gui-from-xerox-parc-alto/

All that image does is make Bill look like a fool.

Please refrain from lecturing me on matters of technology history or truth, since - in my experience - you have very little regard for, or knowledge of, either. (See also: your bizarre belief that DOS isn't an OS, that command-line interfaces are useless/difficult/unneeded in today's world, obtuse grasp of computer history, absolute ignorance of copyright law, belief that Steve Jobs was a Great And Powerful Computing Pioneer when he was, in actuality, a marketing genius - at best - and inability to comprehend why people use Windows, Linux, open-source software, well, basically anything that isn't Made in Cupertino™ by Apple™ Incorporated™)

I'd attempt to counter your attack with some sort of rational argument, but in my experience, arguing with an ideologue is about as fruitful an endeavor as shouting at a brick wall.

*applause*

here, have a fish. -w-

click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

That makes me think of the Wind Fish, from Zelda: Link's Awakening *w*

Chocofreak13

i just thought it was beautiful. but that's pretty cool, dude. xD
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It is very nice :3

Here; have moar Vocaloid

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 08, 2012, 10:32:33 PM

Is that the highest res available? I'd love that in desktop size... ;-;

Chocofreak13

as far as i know, yes. tbh you could probably stick that as a desktop background without much issue.  from my experience as long as it has the correct shape (rectangle) it doesn't have much issue despite res.

unless you have a monitor the size of a tv or something. but let's be reasonable here. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Pitkin

I have to admit that I find myself often wishing I could've been there to witness how the change worked out overnight, stew. x) Father remembers the event and has told more than once that it was highly amusing.