Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

I still prefer 95.  Never had any issues with it.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Agreed. Though my good experience with 95 versus my bad with 98 might have to do with how little I actually used that computer for advanced operations...and my ability to recognize a computer error when I was little ^^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

I actually had the most problems out of 98 and 98SE out of any version of Windows. It was when I finally saw it running on good hardware (Such as PentiumMMX the Laptop) that I changed my tune and finally upgraded the Yeti to 98SE
(Oddly enough, 98SE was far more widespread in my area. I thought First Edition was just an urban legend; it was on the market for 98 minutes before they realized it was unusable, so they pulled it, destroyed all copies of 98FE, and began issuing out 98SE)

Meanwhile, I've never had a problem out of Windows ME :3

Red-Machine

Me neither, not when running on appropriate hardware.  Ran more stable than pre-service pack 1 Vista did.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

Awesome *__*

Also, I hope Kari greets me with some of these at the airport :3

Paul

@8-tan: That first one looks a little too traditionalist for my tastes, but the second one is great!

@Meetup: I'd really love to meet all of you sometime, but Austria isn't exactly near the US :/

Nichi

@Paul: I hope maybe one day I could travel the world to meet other OSCers :3

Bella

I'd like to meet all of yous too. Stupid distance. u.u;;

And Aurora, thanks for posting that picture. ^^

Chocofreak13

@paul: if i can find an occasion to come back to europe, perhaps we could arrange a meetup. a day at Tivoli with OSC sounds lovely. ^^
@cookies: dunno if i'll have any of those. but i'll try to remember splitterbot, so there'll likely be music. :3
@aurora: niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. -w-
@98: i LOVED 98, but that might just be first-os loyalty, though technically 95 was the first OS i was exposed to (but i have an early memory of toying with a computer with an OS i couldn't recognize, and with today's knowledge, i believe it may have been 3.1). to be fair, though, we got our computer a bit later, so it may have been SE. but it came with a great software bundle. ^^
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Paul on June 06, 2012, 03:17:50 PM
@Meetup: I'd really love to meet all of you sometime, but Austria isn't exactly near the US :/

@Meetup: I'll be in Europe for some time next summer after I graduate and before I leave for College.

EUROPA PLACES:

THE UNITED KINGDOM AND NORTHERN IRELAND (I'll go as North as Liverpool probably)

FRANCE (Northern coast/Belgium border)

BELGIUM (BRUSSELS FUCK YEA)

NETHERLANDS (AMSTERDAM FUCK YEA)

GERMANY (MUNICH AND BERLIN FUCK YEA)

DENMARK (JUST PASSING THRU FUCK YEA)

SWEDEN (STOCKHOLM FUCK YEA MAYBE MORE NORTH INTO NORDLAND FUCK YEA)

AUSTRIA (VIENNA ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY FUCK YEA)

SWITZERLAND (MOUNTAINS FUCK YEA)

2ND TIME FRANCE (THRU PARIS FUCK YEA)

2ND TIME THE UNITED KINGDOM AND NORTHERN IRELAND (MY COUSINS AGAIN FROM BRISTOL TO CHELSEA)

@PAUL: I WILL MEET YOU IN THE FLESH MY AUSTRIAN BROTHER
@NEJIN: WE WILL HAVE ORDINARY SWEDISH MEAL TIME AT YOUR PLACE MY BROTHER
@EVERYONE ELSE: TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE L;AFDN;AJRBG;AEUBG;AJBG

THE INVASION IS IMMINENT

PREPARE YOURSELVES.

Chocofreak13

you're going to switzerland?

i'm a citizen, and i haven't even been.....

;v;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

RYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that sounds like a fairly decent plan there, chap. /british
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Paul

Sorry, but the car meme is pure nonsense. Cars in German are called "Auto", or "PKW", which is short for "Personenkraftwagen" :P

@Kraus: yay, let's meet next year! Vienna isn't that far from here (2 hours) and I'll be working for the Red Cross anyway from November on, so it'll be pretty easy to get some free time :D

Bella

Quote from: Paul on June 07, 2012, 12:37:38 PM
Sorry, but the car meme is pure nonsense. Cars in German are called "Auto", or "PKW", which is short for "Personenkraftwagen" :P

I had a sneaking suspicion those "X word in German sounds COMPLEX AND FRIGHTENING" memes were bullshit, thanks for confirming. : P

Also, that manatee picture reminds me ... I've been reading a lot of Calming Manatee lately...