Programming?!

Started by Dr. Kraus, June 14, 2011, 01:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on June 15, 2011, 12:00:21 PMHe also makes you program with the hole punch cards if you do bad on a test >:D

I would SO be failing those tests.

Dr. Kraus

Only you would bella, only you would! You sit there for a week punching holes into note cards, go up to him to show him what you made, your off by a centimeter on one of the holes and then he tells you to go back and do it all again.

Also, you only raise your test score by 10%.

svx

And another thing is,

you can use it as a hat.

Programming can be worn as a hat.

I pioneered this

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: svx on June 16, 2011, 12:40:10 AM
And another thing is,

you can use it as a hat.

Programming can be worn as a hat.

I pioneered this

Well, I'M THE MAN WHO'S GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS!

svx

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on June 16, 2011, 10:55:15 AM
Well, I'M THE MAN WHO'S GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS!

Hahaha, my favorite quote ever! I want a Portal III so bad :p

svx

Man, after a stint of playing Shadow of the Colossus and Ico again...

I've got to say, Team Ico are definitely some of the best programmers in existence.  They have to be

I jelly, I don't think I could come close to making something like that run on a PS2...

Though, John Carmack could probably make it run on an iPhone or something

Simonorged

GTCO Sketch Master Graphic Digitizer LCD-1212 drivers can you help me find some
Simon was here :P

alfonso_rd_30

personally, back in COBACH I did learn some pascal and basic and C, but have since long forgotten it... but I'm now using aObject based environmet to do some limited Programs

Goujer (she/her)

Has anyone else heard of this? Because I can not stop giggling at the thought of walking into my first programming job and seeing a bunch of ducks.
http://www.rubberduckdebugging.com/

Bella

Quote from: Legojer on February 27, 2016, 12:12:05 PM
Has anyone else heard of this? Because I can not stop giggling at the thought of walking into my first programming job and seeing a bunch of ducks.
http://www.rubberduckdebugging.com/

My CS department gives each student a rubber duckie. I have two on my desk right now.

Goujer (she/her)

I wish my CS department did that.

I'm planning on hiding a rubber duck wearing a ski mask behind my room mates computer as my next gag gift for him.

Goujer (she/her)

I need somewhere to outlet this and Twitter won't do and the Apple Support Forums seems like an odd place to do it so here I am.

Over the past couple of months I have been messing around with my PowerMac G4 MDD and Leopard. I'm sort of a huge compatibility nut so it bugs me that Leopard never really supported Classic. So I've tried to change that.

I have figured out a way to redirect library calls to different libraries within libraries and executables. I've finally found a way to get around the standard errors and "Nothing should be calling this anymore" outputs, but now it is crashing with zero output and I'm not sure what to do.

Basically I think my next step is to use a debugger like GDB and step through the calls as I try to start Classic/TruBlueEnviornment up. Does that sound like a legit strategy or am I on the wrong track?

Bella

What are you trying to do, Le-Goujer? OS programming type stuff?

Goujer (she/her)

I guess the end goal would be modifying the Mac OS X system calls to allow for Mac OS 9 or lower programs to operate in Mac OS 10.5

Bella

That's over my head as far as programming goes... it sounds very interesting though. How'd you learn this? In an academic setting or just messing around on your own?