Main Menu

Favorite Song?

Started by CanaryTan, January 30, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanaryTan

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or if a topic like this has been posted. I looked all the way to page 4 so I think I'm good.

Anyway, what is your favorite song? I shall start~

I like Hello Windows. *shot dead* XD

Now you~!
I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Bella

Fun topic~

Hm. I have a ton of favourites, but Let Down (by Radiohead) is my personal theme song, so I'll say that.

Speaking of which, I'm going to try doing that OK Computer/In Rainbows album-blending experiment after this radio show I'm listening to is over and see if there's any credence to the theory that the two are, in fact, two halves of a single album recorded ten years apart. -W-

CanaryTan

Quote from: Bella on January 30, 2011, 11:52:50 AM
Fun topic~

Hm. I have a ton of favourites, but Let Down (by Radiohead) is my personal theme song, so I'll say that.

Speaking of which, I'm going to try doing that OK Computer/In Rainbows album-blending experiment after this radio show I'm listening to is over and see if there's any credence to the theory that the two are, in fact, two halves of a single album recorded ten years apart. -W-

PFFFF. I misread that as "get down" XDDDDD anyway, Let Down is a really nice song, i just listened to it! :) (I can't understand it but it sounds nice)
I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Chocofreak13

i'm indecisive. as a result, i have two favourite songs: "Burning for You" by Blue Öyster Cult and "I Won't Be There" by Simple Plan. (the guitar riffs on both of them kick ass. >:3)

my favourite bands are Blue Öyster Cult, Queen, Green Day, PUFFY, and Simple Plan. (i think i had one more, but i can't remember. ;__; )
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: CanaryTan on January 30, 2011, 12:13:50 PM
PFFFF. I misread that as "get down" XDDDDD anyway, Let Down is a really nice song, i just listened to it! :) (I can't understand it but it sounds nice)

^^

Most of their music is like that; incomprehensible but beautiful. :,)

SPEAKING OF WHICH, PART DEUX: I've conducted aforementioned experiment.

One song sung by Mac System 7, two songs about car wrecks, two about suicides, three about lust, one about love and/or plane crashes, and twenty or so about feelings of paranoia, depression, inadequacy, neuroses, psychosis and schizophrenia later, I think I can say - in my expert opinion - that there really is something to this "OK Computer and In Rainbows are two halves of a whole album spanning a decade of time" theory (aka the 01s and 10s Album Conspiracy).

Questions to ponder:
-Is Thom Yorke an alien?
-If so, is Subterranean Homesick Alien an autobiographical song detailing his arrival on earth?
-Who is Sara?
-Could Sara possibly be a slick reference to the Apple /// computer, continuing the noble Radiohead tradition of featuring Apples in their works?
-Can Mac System 7 be hired to sing at weddings, parties and bar mitzvahs?

NejinOniwa

My favorites list change a lot over time, that's for certain...

But there are a select few that linger within since times forlorn - one album in specific mention, as I have a hard time picking any one track from it; Nightfall in Middle-Earth by Blind Guardian, which is essentially a musical version of the Morgoth saga of Tolkien's Silmarillion. It's quite calling for a writer such as I, as it draws one back to the very roots of my genre; it also depicts the very beginning of my voyages into the metal genre as a whole, as one of my two first metal songs (I can't remember the order) was Mirror Mirror from said album (the other one was Nightwish' Over The Hills and Far Away cover). The rest of the entire album soon followed, and though I usually prefer the tracks Thorn and A Dark Passage when I listen to it these days, Mirror Mirror still has quite an amount of blast to give, as do all the other tracks as well.

All in all, Blind Guardian is a band I've listened to steadily through the last 10 years; their latest album At the Edge of Time, which forays a bit into Symphonic metal territory, is quite high-ranked in my current opinion.
All-time favorites include And then there was Silence (Blind Guardian), a 14-minute version of the epic of Troy, Illiad; and the whooping 24-minute (literal) insanity that is Octavarium, from the album of the same name by Dream Theater. As you might notice, I like my music in long stretches. -w-

Other bands I've recently opened up eyes for is Trivium (their Shogun album specifically), Amon Amarth (Twilight of the Thunder God's title track and end track Embrace of the Endless Ocean - pagan metal, yeah -w- ) and Arkona (russian pagan/folk metal) - I've recently remade their song Nebo Hmuroe Tuchi Mrachnye into a 4-staff choral with ten.solo and imported it for use in my mother's (church) choir. Yes, I make the church choir sing pagan metal. You read that part right. _3_

On the japanese side, long-time favorites LAST ALLIANCE and Janne Da Arc are joined by touhous and vocaloids, but, well, that's another story entirely. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Eh, such a hard topic to reply to! I tend to like almost every song out there (anything Disney will be slaughtered) I like songs that vary from Rock to crazy ass techno remixes. But I guess I'll put down my favorite songs by genre:

Classical- Ode to Joy
Rock- Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4
Metal- Slipknot's Duality/ Disturbed's Deify/Tenacious D's The Metal
Nationalistic- Red Army Choir's Civil War Songs: The Red Cavalry/Beyond the River/Hello, On the Way
National Anthem of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland God Save the Queen
Rap- Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa

this list could go on forever but I'll stop it here
I'm on the same terms as nejin when it comes to Japanese music, always a lot of Touhou and Vocaloid

Red-Machine

Excellently done, Pitkin-sama.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Pitkin on January 30, 2011, 02:53:05 PM
My favourite song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZr3JWYdy8 ^.^
fix'd.

moar vocaloid than i can count. plus techno and music from video games and anime.

i also love anything from 1890's - 1940's with the exception of especially racist music. "Goodnight Children Everywhere" by Vera Lynn is known to make me cry.
click to make it bigger

svx

Choco has good taste in music!

I, uh... Hmm...

My favorite song is...  Fear Factory - Controlled Demolition. Or anything Fear Factory.

...Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIxdaypRbnA

Chocofreak13

that was so cute, i found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQm66dSfp8&feature=related
combines one of my favourite songs with one of my favourite characters. <33333
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Uber Feuer by Electra Combo

NejinOniwa

Choco...that was frightening. >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

THAT WAS AWESOME >:3

am i the only one who turns their ipod on shuffle then flips through the songs, thus defeating the purpose of shuffle? :\
click to make it bigger