Main Menu

Food, Food, Food...

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 12, 2010, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"Fillings are tuna and pineapple, which for some reason confused most of the people I told about that.

Pineapple and Tuna...

Interesting and yummy.  :smoke:

I have heard of this combo, that won some cooking prizes in the recent past, as innovative pizza, and was requested 2 o 3 years ago mainly by young foreign people in pizzerie in dozens of tourist villages.

Also Salmon with Pineapple should be delicious...  ;010  

You are a fine gourmet Von...  ;012

Actually this was my first time making a pizza from scratch, so not sure why the mozzarella got so brown...

I am not a pizza cook, but usually pizzas put in ovens burning wood, are kept cooking by the side of the fire.

So pizza it is cooked by the heat irradiating from the surface of the hot bricks of the oven downside, and at the same time by the heat of the wooden fire coming from its left side.

I think that you used normal electric kitchen oven, isn't it?

If you use the up+down heating, then any cheese will be roasted by the heating from upside.

Next time turn off heating from upside when you saw that mozzarella is starting changing color, and continue cooking just from downside.

Also couldnt find any Durum wheat flour, so had to make it from plain wheat flour.

And you got blessed by the gods of gourmandises.

Durum wheat semola is only for pasta.

Pizza is made with plain wheat.

So you got by chance the right wheat.  ;010
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

VonDaab

Yeah, the oven was kinda silly in that way that it had only heat from above or air circulation.

Also, Pizza needs atleast some durum wheat, makes the bottom bit harder and "heavier" and makes it easier to roll flat, as the dough doesnt bounce back as much as with only plain flour.

Silentbob

Lunch:  Some sandwiches at the office.  1 w/egg salad and 1 w/salami.

Dinner: Barbecue flavored chicken with far too little BBQ taste in it.  I should have brought some BBQ sauce with me from the store too.  Oh well...

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"
Also, Pizza needs atleast some durum wheat, makes the bottom bit harder and "heavier" and makes it easier to roll flat, as the dough doesnt bounce back as much as with only plain flour.

Bouncing back?  ;018  ;013
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

VonDaab

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"Bouncing back?  ;018  ;013
Well, you know, stays flat after rolling it flat, and easier to shape in general.

Silentbob

Lunch: sandwiches again.  

Dinner: buffalo wings, properly spiced and seasoned.  Much better than the tasteless chicken from yesterday.

Chocofreak13

breakfast: oatmeal, bag of chips, can of coke. <3

had bottle of coke and pair of doughnuts inbetween breakfast and lunch.... ._____.;;

lunch: frozen dinner (spaghetti and popcorn chicken) and juice

dinner: 2 slices of pineapple pizza, can of coke. <3

damn, i sound like a fatass. ;___;
click to make it bigger

Lt. Surge

That reminds me of someone on GaiaOnline with the username Lady Flatass. Hmm...

Anywho, I cooked eggs and sausage today, the eggs having diced tomato, black bean and diced green pepper added to it.

I made a waffle sandwich out of it, with provolone cheese in between. Chocolate milk is an old favourite side drink.
Skype Me: LtSurge695

PizzaDrill

I just polished off some ice cream, and about to eat a freschetta oven pizza.

stewartsage

Dr. Kraus

Home made general sou. good stuff

PizzaDrill

What the butt? Someone ate the rest of my pizza before I could. >:[

NejinOniwa

Protip: Do not use Giga Drill Breaker while eating.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

PizzaDrill

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Protip: Do not use Giga Drill Breaker while eating.
I... I can't help it sometimes... My drill has a mind of its own ;_;

Also, I am about to dip "creamy ranch natural soy cakes" into red pepper hommus.