Chocofreak13

i plan on having that too. :0
(with a coke.)
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

stewartsage

Food in the future soon.

Chocofreak13

darjeeling tea and a bagel for dinner, darjeeling tea and a bagel for breakfast. also had chips and more of that slightly expired dip yesterday.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Just a cup of iced tea. Later tonight, something at Denny's -w-

NejinOniwa

STEP 1:
Take cheap-ass, bland-tasting vanilla ice cream.
STEP 2:
Cover in squeezed lemon juice.
STEP 3:
Sprinkle vanilla sugar on top.
STEP 4:
Put in freezer until the lemon juice is frozen.
STEP 5:
Take out and eat. Optionally you can also microwave some frozen berries and add that as well.

This has been the Demon Overlord's guide to making delicious things ice cream out of tasteless ice cream. Enjoy.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i'll keep that in mind if the ice cream i got doesn't taste as good as i think it will.

also planning on upgrading the caramel cake idea: take cake, cover with caramel ice cream and caramel syrup, top with nanners. enjoy. -w-
(but i might need new cake. dunno if the one out there is still good.)

breakfast: cinnamon life
coca-cola

lunch: banquet mac and cheese
banquet chicken nugget and fries
iced tea

snack: tortilla chips
root beer

dinner: banquet chicken nuggets and fries
iced tea

snack: tortilla chips
water
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

A reboot of an old classic: Tea-fried pork cuts! With rice.

Basically, you take some pork cuts, put them in a frying pan or pot with some oil, soy sauce and pepper, and then you take a bag of Earl Grey, rip it open and empty the contents into the pot.

It's delishuz.

Chocofreak13

i should do that, it sounds really good. :0

just had a bowl of cereal and finished off the milk. ;^;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I had lunch, pretty sure of that because I'm not ravenously hungry anymore but fuck if I know what it was.  There was my favorite kind of cake though.

Nichi

Chocofreak13

BENTO DINNER

Miso Chicken
Sticky Rice
Carrots
Chocolate
Root Beer

pre-dinner snack: cookie
coca-cola

current snack: oreos
milk
juice
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

NejinOniwa

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
In honor of me sitting here at my desktop drinking the best drink in the world, made by the best man in the world
It's time to present to you THE RECIPE TO MAKE YOUR OWN
Glögg.

Required equipment:
1 bucket (upwards of 10l/2.6 gallons at least)
Plastic sheet covering (poke a few holes in it for the fermentation or you'll have a balloon in there)
1 shed, garage, cellar or otherwise mostly unused space you don't mind filling with the sweet smell of fermenting alcohol for a month
4-6 weeks of idle time
A sieve
and bottles.

Ingredients:
5 liters (1.32 gallons) of fermentable beverage (more on that below)
5 raw potatoes, sliced
1 packet of baking yeast (50g/1.8oz)
1 bag of cloves (about 10g/0.35oz or so, depends on how much you like the taste of it)
1 bag of cardamom
1 stick of cinnamon (or 2 if you like it)
1 piece of fresh ginger (about 5cm/2in)
250-500g (0.6-1.1lb) of raisins
2,5kg (5.5lbs) of sugar
AND FLAVORING.

First, regarding ferments...
What you can get really depends a lot on where you are. The optimal choice is a beverage known as Svagdricka, which is basically a sweet smallbeer variant from sweden - however, this is obviously not very easy to get your hands on abroad, and so we need some alternatives.
Shandy, Alsterwasser and Root beer are all viable alternatives, and you can also blend them with some small amount of light beer as well for a better, more authentic taste. Root beer in particular I recommend blending with light beer in order to reduce that taste, since I'm not sure how much it clashes with the rest of the spices.

Second, regarding flavoring...
There's a LOT of ways to flavor glögg. The recipe itself is fine as it is, of course - you don't NEED flavoring per se - but I've always found it better to add a little extra taste.
Many berries do themselves well in glögg. I used blackberry for my batch this year, and blueberry, cloudberry, lingonberry, raspberry and cranberry all make good glögg. Basically, somewhat tart and sour tastes blend in well - even orange-flavored glögg has made some success - but mostly sweet fruits like apple also work.
How much you need really depends on the flavoring you're using. We had some 500 grams of blackberry in our batch, and I'd go with that as a guideline - however, it's very variable, depending on how much you want the taste of the flavoring to go through and whatnot. And naturally, it also depends on how strong-tasting a berry you're using, and how sweet it is. Use your own judgment.
This goes for most of the ingredients, honestly. Brewing is like baking - as long as you have roughly the right amounts, it's gonna taste fine.
Usually.

And finally...
HOW DID I SHOT GLÖGG?

STEP 1: BUY SHIT
STEP 2: GEAR INTO SHED
STEP 3: INGREDIENTS INTO BUCKET
STEP 4: You may want to stir the blend. Cover bucket with plastic so you don't get any spiders, dust or small children crawling into your glögg while you're not looking. It's a shed, after all. Also, poke small holes in the plastic with a needle or something.
STEP 5: RUN THE FUCK AWAY
STEP 6: 4-6 weeks later, RUN THE FUCK BACK, BRING SIEVE.
STEP 7: SIEVE INTO BUCKET
STEP 8: Use sieve to remove everything that's not a liquid. Do whatever you wish with the waste, really, but throwing it away is usually the most tempting option.
STEP 9: GLÖGG INTO BOTTLES
COMPRETE!!!

Preferably, store the bottled glögg a week or two before drinking it; this allows the brew to settle, and reduces the yeasty aftertaste significantly. Once brewed and bottled, glögg can be kept for at least a year or two before it starts oxidizing, but like wine it may also just get better with time.

SERVING INSTRUCTIONS:
Heat the glögg in a pot on the stove (or if you're lazy/alone, teacup in microwave). Optimal temperature is about the same as your average coffee or tea. If you feel like it, add some almonds and/or raisins. Gather a few friends around a table. Sing THIS SONG as fast as you can. Yell "SKÅL" louder than the others do. Now STOP. DO NOT CHUG. Sip. And enjoy.

Glögg by this recipe contains about 14-16% alcohol (equivalent to "30 proof" I think?). Drink responsibly. :)