Main Menu

Food, Food, Food...

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 12, 2010, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

banquet mac and cheese for dinner, with gingerale and gushers for dessert. was supposed to have 5-cheese ravioli with the sauce, but my sister's too tired to make it and i'm too sick. ><;

btw guys, i know the original purpose of this thread was just "what are you eating", but since the topic of budget cooking came up, wouldn't it be reasonable to talk about other food/cooking topics (such as budget cooking or recipes) as well? i dug the better homes and gardens "good food on a budget" book out from the pile of ones i got at the book sale, so what do you say?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I don't see why not, since our "recipes" topic didn't really go over well, and it's still a discussion of food :3

Chocofreak13

-w-

i picked up a lot of the cookbooks because they looked interesting or useful (this one being useful), though the better homes and gardens ones are from the 70's. >>; still, good food is good food, i suppose. but i doubt any of these will use the microwave (this one especially, seeing as how it was made in 71'). :\

the book has 4 chapters; budget-trimming menus,  money-saving main dishes, economical side dishes, and more for your money.

it seems like the first chapter has the recipes arranged into specific dinner menus, with a main dish, at least two side dishes, and a drink. some of these sound pretty good, like Easy Orange Sherbet, Garlic Bread Sticks, Caramel Custard Pie, and Fruited Chicken (supposedly inspired by 'Oriental' Kitchens xD).

i realize these are for a whole household, but all the same, they sound tasty. and if you can get the ingredients on the cheap, why not? :\

click to make it bigger

Nichi

True that. You can always have leftovers later :3

So, breakfast this morning was a ham & Swiss sandwich. So good~ *w*

Chocofreak13

glad i didn't totally break this! guess i was being a bit too optimistic with that topic shift. v__v;

breakfast was knockoff captain crunch (w/ crunchberries), strawberry poptart and vanilla chai tea.

lunch will be 5-cheese ravioli with the sauce.

dinner will be kraft macaroni and cheese.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

dinner was kraft mac and cheese (in the cheesiest) and coca-cola. lunch was pizza with egg nog. breakfast was cereal with juice.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Nichi

NejinOniwa

I just ingested the worlds biggest protein bomb
Nachos covered in cheese, sprinkled with peanuts, sliced ham and salsa, and 2 big cheeseburger beefs (no bread).

I AM STUFFED LIKE A BEAR
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

last night's dinner was mac and cheese. AGAIN.
today's breakfast was honeycomb. haven't had that in ages. -w-

dunno what else i'll eat. maybe some nachos, i feel like having queso. other than that, candy.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had leftover chickens. It was alright, but I don't think it agreed with me very well >_<

Chocofreak13

:\

maybe have something light later on to help. crackers or mint tea or raspberry yogurt or something.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

A banana certainly helped :3

Chocofreak13

there ya go!

i had cereal for dinner. ;^;
click to make it bigger