Chocofreak13

my mouse beats your mouse! >:3

but i can't beat the awesome vacuum tubes.... ;^;

if you make vacuum tube earrings you have to make me a set. >w<;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 31, 2011, 06:49:01 PM
He lurks.

I've considered this before, it seems unlikely considering his aversion to computers.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 31, 2011, 07:51:53 PMif you make vacuum tube earrings you have to make me a set. >w<;

Errr... they're mammoth beasts actually, about four inches long and maybe and inch and a half in diameter. There will be no jewelering these... which actually makes his comments all the weirder... owo;;

Nichi

A few weeks back, I almost called up a guy on craigslist about a Apple II he was selling. The only reason I didn't was because he didn't have any software for it, combined with the fact I don't have anywhere to have it setup

I may not know anything about the Apple II aside from it being made before the Macintosh, but it'd be cool to use one at least once.

Chocofreak13

dude, that sounds awesome. apple ][ forever. xD

@bella: i've seen earrings bigger than bracelets. xD

i wonder how i got into this thread.....likely by accident. :\
click to make it bigger

Paul

There's a fairly good chance of me getting a DEC Alphaserver AS1000 cheap in the next few days. :D
Let's play with the shark...

Bella

Quote from: Paul on June 18, 2011, 10:22:30 AM
There's a fairly good chance of me getting a DEC Alphaserver AS1000 cheap in the next few days. :D
Let's play with the shark...

That is so awesome. I'm assuming it runs VMS? It's an interesting system to work with, I've played around with it telnet before.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Alex_Reetz

i know this isnt that old but...

motherfucking bitches, what does a turbo button do? i am going to buy a 3.1 gaming computer for 150.00, and i always been curious....is it a form of overclocking?

Red-Machine

Nah, pressing it acutally SLOWS DOWN the CPU so it can be more compatible with older games and programs.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Quote from: AlexisDesu on June 18, 2011, 01:25:22 PM
what does a turbo button do? i am going to buy a 3.1 gaming computer for 150.00, and i always been curious....is it a form of overclocking?

I've always wondered the same thing - my 3.11 machine had a turbo button as well and I've never known the purpose.

EDIT:

Quote from: Red-Machine on June 18, 2011, 01:33:22 PM
Nah, pressing it acutally SLOWS DOWN the CPU so it can be more compatible with older games and programs.

Ah sou. Mystery, solved... -w-;

But..... how does THAT make it a "turbo" button? >>;

Red-Machine

Well, 4.77MHz is "normal" mode and full speed is "turbo" mode.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Paul

@Bells: Yep, it does indeed run VMS (which is the only reason for me to buy it, because spec-wise it's kinda lame)
Also played around with it on deathrow, definitely interesting, but not necessarily user-friendly (but OS/400 ain't user-friendly either and I still like it ^^^)

stewartsage

So a guy here at the park cracked a C64 joke while I was in exhibit the other day; it was surprising.  That is all I have to say on the retrocomputer front at the moment.  Goodnight.

Paul

OK, the AS1000 is mine. Gonna pick it up on friday if everything works out fine... this one was literally a gift (1€) :D
Maybe I'll get two additional AS1000 plus a HSZ80 raid array (same seller) if the price is ok. Then one machine would run VMS, the second one Tru64 and the third one Linux *geek*