member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

If I had Frankenstein V3 setup, I wouldn't need the TV; I have a TV Tuner \ Capture Card installed in it -w-
(I've been too cheap to get one for 2k -w-; )

Chocofreak13

sooooooooon.

sooooooon tereby will be a thing and i will be able to TV WHILE I INTERNET LITERALLY AT THE SAME TIME
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Wanda, next to the gutted wreckage of Cosmo. Yes, that's a Catbus Weeble.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

Sometime this summer I'll give my own addition to this collection of battlestations, hopefully with at least 4 screens and a significantly beefed-up desktop. Name pending.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@Cockle: i see no catbus.

@nej: my system for naming was always "it has to end in y", but yours was greek letters, right?

what about Zeta, Omicron or Upsilon? (the last one could also be a pun on Uppsala, lol)
click to make it bigger

Bella

My iMac is named Eve. If (when?) I get another Mac desktop it's gonna be named Lilith.

If I build a PC it's getting named Athena.

Nichi

If I ever end up with a DEC workstation, it'd probably end up being named Eloise -w-

Also, IDK what I'd name a modern NEC laptop if I got my hands on one; Asagi III possibly, or maybe something as a nod toward the Yeti -w-;

Krizonar

I usually post the name of the Tan for my computers on here, but my computers also do have actual names as backup for the non-Tan inclined.

Veronica is my Macbook pro and Kiva is my Mac pro. Pomona is my iPad and Tessera is my iPhone.

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 09, 2014, 10:39:31 AM

@nej: my system for naming was always "it has to end in y", but yours was greek letters, right?

what about Zeta, Omicron or Upsilon? (the last one could also be a pun on Uppsala, lol)
I generally use greek letters for mine, yeah. My main problem is that I've sort of expended my ammunition. ALPHA through EPSILON are all used. IOTA/THETA are used, along with a few others. I'm considering going over to runes or some other system at this point.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

OMICRON and UPSILON haven't been used yet, though. until the old system becomes unusable, i'd say switching to a new one seems unnecessary. though, they're yours, and if you want Vikingputers, that's cool too. :3

computers/devices thus far

Shitty - OD (Original Desktop); nonfunctional
Biggy - Desktop rescued from Garbage running Win2k and filled with medical software for Vocational Classes
Tanky - Gifted Laptop Destined for Garbage running Win98SE
Speedy - Gifted Laptop running Win7; nonfunctional
Timmy - Desktop rescued from Garbage; nonfunctional, planned as a legacy PC to run Win95
Quincey - Imac rescued from Front Lawn for $10 originally running OSX Panther; downgraded to OS9
Loly - Laptop built from Garbage running Win7; failing drive, currently running LinMin

Gothcam - Sony Cybershot Digital Camera
Gothpod - Ipod Nano 4th Gen; deceased
Gothphone - LG420G Tracfone Flip Phone
GothTouch - Iphone 4

also guys, since this is relevant, i'm likely going to start a small strip comic to post on tumblr. a yonkoma called GT and Me. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds cool on the comic :3

Since Kari did it, my fleet

Current members:

• 2k-tan the Desktop - Custom desktop, initially named "Project Tartarus" in development, built in 2011; running Windows 7 Pro. Serves as my main desktop
  • Fuuka - Late 2006 Mac Mini, bought in 2011; running OSX Snow Leopard. Was my primary desktop while I was ironing out the bugs on 2k, now serves as a Home Theater Mac
  • Frankenstein V3 - Custom desktop built in 2009, around remains of a circa 1999 Dell XPS; running Windows 2000. Has a TV Tuner \ Capture Card; giving it a slight edge over 2k. Also, packs a decent punch for its age
  • Penti-chan - Unbranded desktop found buried in a storage room at the hospital in 2011; was running CCI Concurrent DOS, now running Windows 98SE
  • The Yeti - NEC Powermate VP75. Oldest surviving member of the fleet; bought in 1996, originally shipped with Windows for Workgroups 3.11, now running Windows 98SE
  • Twinkle - Amiga 500. Needs a replacement keyboard (A few keys on it are nonworking), but otherwise works great
  • Asagi II - Early 2008 MacBook, salvaged from recycling center and rebuilt in 2014; running OSX Lion. Sometimes I wish she was more powerful, but she runs a lot better than the original Asagi was toward the end
  • Sara - Circa 2004 iBook G4; running OSX Leopard. Bought in 2012 to serve as a backup for Asagi (Whom I was starting to have some issues with), still serves this same purpose
  • Sonata - Circa 2000 graphite iBook G3 clamshell; running OS9, but briefly dual-booted it and OSX Panther. Bought in 2011, shortly after Fuuka, and packs a decent punch given its age (It can handle any website that an iPhone can handle; I've posted on Facebook and OSC from it before)
  • Crystal - iPod Nano (3rd gen 8GB). Bought in 2011
  • Flonne II - Motorolla StraightTalk flip-phone. Was a hasty purchase I made in 2011 after the original Flonne (A generic smartphone that didn't even run Android) died on me. Am currently too cheap to upgrade

Noteworthy past members of the fleet:

• Chii - TRS-80 Color Computer 2. My dad found it in a hospital storage building in 2012, sold to Bella a few months ago to put a little money toward my moving fund (Although, I still need to ship it -w-; )
  • Asagi - Compaq Presario CQ61. Bought at a pawn shop in 2010 in like new condition, initially running Windows 7. Toward the end, switched to Linux Mint as Windows had become too heavy for it to handle. Currently in storage as of March 2014
  • PentiumMMX - AMS Tech TravelPro 2020. The founding member of the fleet, received as a Christmas gift in 2003; sadly died in 2005

Chocofreak13

you know, if you tweak her a bit, you might be able to earn some ebay cash off Asagi I. :0

also, didn't you have an ipod touch at one point?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah. I sold off Sapphire because I very rarely used her and needed the money to try and knock out that accursed doctor's bill I spent all of last year trying to pay off :\

Anyone have any new pics?

Krizonar

pics?

My car in Kanawha WV from last week :)

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger