Main Menu

member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

It's like iOS 5 or something?  I also don't really like games much... except actual physical boardgames.

Edit: Record third day of MPT posting.

Knife my brother got me for my birthday to replace the knife one of my friends broke like seven years ago.

Bella

@Kari: I really like the plaid skirt and the "granny" skirt. Both look like things I would wear. ^__^

Also, those pics are making me nostalgic for Boston.... ;__;

@Stew: It's weird you'd post patches because I got a TON from my grandfather! : O

Speaking of which, here's a sampling of things my grandfather and step-grandmother gave me:

Some of my granddad's old engineering stuff!

Flowcharting templates...

By IBM!

Patches!

Bicentennial badge!

Apollo Program pitcher & cups. If this isn't one of the coolest things you've ever seen GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

A few more bells inherited from my late grandmother. I probably have around 50 or 60 of them.

Tiny tools... thinking of using them as charms. Some of these actually move.

Antique Japanese vase.

Really cool inlayed chopsticks!

Sake flask and Japanese ceramic owls.

The rest of the sake set.

A cute Scottish hat!

SO NINETIES IT HURTS.

Bonus:

A pressed penny from a machine on the Ohio Turnpike.

Chocofreak13

@bells: every time i saw a japanese item i uttered "you bitch" under my breath. out of love, i swear.
cool stuff bro. you could make a whole messenger bag with all those patches, trolol.
also, thanks for the compliments. if you're ever visiting in the fall you can borrow them if they fit. :3

@stew: new record! also, are those boy scout merit badges, or just random patches?
if it's compatible (idk if it would be by now) you could get Hanafuda. i've been told it's an old man's game, and tbh i can see why, it involves a lot of strategic risk and intense betting. still super-fun though, at least i think so.

@pent: twas a joke, but yes, it was leather (?). an icky coffee-coloured leather skirt with little bumps all over it and a leather draw string (i think it had a zipper, so the string was just for show).
the skirt is confusing because i've never owned a wrap skirt before, so you unbutton one side, and then the other, and then it's just a strip of cloth. :\

@leaf: aren't they!? if i wasn't broke i would have snagged them, i'm totally going back. ;^;
also, i'm sorry. did you know him at all?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Ahh. A strange skirt, indeed :\

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 30, 2014, 09:52:47 AM
@leaf: aren't they!? if i wasn't broke i would have snagged them, i'm totally going back. ;^;
also, i'm sorry. did you know him at all?
I used to see him when I was lil', but apart from that I don't really know alot about him...

(he used to serve in Egypt I think)

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 30, 2014, 09:52:47 AM
@bells: every time i saw a japanese item i uttered "you bitch" under my breath. out of love, i swear.
cool stuff bro. you could make a whole messenger bag with all those patches, trolol.
also, thanks for the compliments. if you're ever visiting in the fall you can borrow them if they fit. :3

I was really happy when my grandpa let me have them, then again he didn't have any sentimental attachment to them and they were just gathering dust in a guest-room.

I know right? Thinking about putting some of those ski patches on my winter coat. ^^

Awesome. :3

Speaking of skirts, look at this beauty I picked up today for $3. :0

Also got an Airstream tank top for $2. (All the most significant because my parents used to own one.) x3

How my toes are painted at the moment. (In b4 judgey Stew comments.)

I have a painting of a naked lady's backside in my bathroom, because of course I do. (It's a real painting, too!)

Chocofreak13

in order:

dayum, that looks cute on you! noice on the find. :0
DAT TRAILER TOP AWW YIIIISSSS
d'awwww cute toes.
classy ass. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: ...you kinda look like me in that first pic -w-;; (Nice skirt, BTW)
Also, nice painting :3

Chocofreak13

curious, bells, is that bathroom all to yourself or is it shared? :0
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

the painting is vury elegant

Bella

SO PRETTY I WISH I COULD VISIT. ;__;

Also, thanks everyone. :3

The painting is indeed very elegant, and matches the colors in my bathroom perfectly to boot.

And Kari, currently the bathroom is shared although dad is working on finishing his bathroom. (That might take awhile though.)

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella