More IBM-tans

Started by stewartsage, January 11, 2010, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

yeees! xD

the acorn-tan i made was just to represent the acorn brand. she could juse be a random acorn, like that image of "just a random mac" in the gallery. =\
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Here are the Acorn-tans!

Chocofreak13

loving arthur and RICS. MUTTONCHOPS FTW
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Wooo Acorns!  lolz @ ARX

Chocofreak13

colour soon? :3

if they are to match the -tan i made, brown hair and gold (?) eyes, with earth-toned clothing (evergreens and such).

:3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Interesting ideas, Stewart! I seem to share Arthur-kun's aversion to writing on computers/preferring to use notepads and his love of papercraft. If I were ARX-tan, I'd be more worried about not having ALL MY ORGANS, not hating corn. xD

And PANOS-tan is, a'ight I guess. She'd have to have some massive quirk to stand up to the first two, though... ^^;;

It does my Anglophile heart well to see such an adorable family of British OS-tans. <3 Oh course, RISC-tan is the prettiest of the group, but Arthur is quite handsome (mutton chops lol) and good to see ARX-tan being cheery... despite NOT HAVING ALL HER ORGANS. :V

Ah, I remember your Acorn-tan Choco. I especially like her pet owl, since pet owls = extreme winnage.

PS, Aurora, where's your IBM-tans drawing so we can comment on that? *waits expectantly*

Chocofreak13

._____. -standby mode-
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Quote from: "Bella"Interesting ideas, Stewart! I seem to share Arthur-kun's aversion to writing on computers/preferring to use notepads and his love of papercraft. If I were ARX-tan, I'd be more worried about not having ALL MY ORGANS, not hating corn. xD

And PANOS-tan is, a'ight I guess. She'd have to have some massive quirk to stand up to the first two, though... ^^;;

It does my Anglophile heart well to see such an adorable family of British OS-tans. <3 Oh course, RISC-tan is the prettiest of the group, but Arthur is quite handsome (mutton chops lol) and good to see ARX-tan being cheery... despite NOT HAVING ALL HER ORGANS. :V

While I don't "write" on them often, I always carry a yellow legal pad with me.  You two clearly have different priorities.

:\ Yeah, she's the weakest of the three, in fact she almost got left off entirely.....

RISC is the original after all, designed by the great forefathers.  Looks kinda like David Tennet, but maybe thats just me.  But she has a brain so she can still know LOVE.

Aurora Borealis

Another of my most recent works:

Chocofreak13

nice! love the magnetic tape part. xD
click to make it bigger

Bella

Hey, Arthur-kun does look a little David Tennet-esque. Weird. xD

OS/360-tan and TOS/360-tan are the lulz, but I feel sorry for TSS/360-tan and BOS/360-tan. D:

stewartsage

Hmmmm...... BBC SERIES HERE WE COME

Don't feel sorry for TSS, she'd disembowel you (so your unholy squishy organs could be replaced with 1/2" nine track and vastly superior tape driven ones) sooner then look at you.  BOS though.... kinda regret her back story, which will probably never get put anywhere.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

FULLSIZE IMAGE GOES HERE (be warned, it is ginormous): http://www.deviantart.com/download/168134428/More_OS_tan_concepts_by_BellaCielo.jpg

Left to right:
Harvard Mark II-tan. Her personality is still pretty much unmapped, but I gave her some sort of weird, mutated 1800s sailor uniform. Y'know, cause she's a Navy computer-tan...?

Harvard Mark IV-tan. She's wearing an outfit inspired by a WWII high altitude bomber outfit I saw in this fashion book I found (well, not so much fashion as a history of American civil and military attire), but a lot... poofier. She's a pilot, btw.

Apache HTTP Server-tan. She's heavily inspired by an earlier design for an Apache-tan:

I have a few ideas for her personality: having a like mind and many of the same goals, she and Linux-tan are excellent friends and good partners (in fact, they teamed up to secure much of the server market). Wears futuristic but vaguely Southwestern and Native American inspired clothing.

Last and least, a couple of hardware-tans I drew for the heck of it: Aluminum iMac-kun and the "floating display" iMac-tan. The former is rather tall, thin, dresses simply, has greying black hair and wears mirrored sunglasses (mimicking the iMac's highly reflective screen) and a beret. The latter is somewhat tall, has wide hips (see the design of the computer to get what I'm referencing) and dresses mostly in white.

Aurora Borealis

They look good!

Mark II's uniform reminds me of a mix of styles from between the 1500's and 1800's.

For her personality, she'd be a great navigator and mathematician (as addition and multiplication times were 2.6x and 8x faster than the Mark I respectively), and also be the crazy-prepared type equipped with a tool box or tool belt at all times (had built-in hardware for several functions).

Like with the rest of the Harvard Mark series, she follows their family's traditions and philosophies (referencing the 'Harvard Architecture') but does her work under a strange set of strict rules which work, but aren't as efficient. So she does get the job done, but gets stuck on smaller details.

Mark IV looks really cool too. Her suit is so poofy and feathery!

Apache-tan looks cute and confident!

The iMac-kun and iMac-tan give off hipster vibes, but in a good way.