Main Menu

Domain name transfert

Started by Fedora-Tan, November 10, 2009, 04:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedora-Tan

Hi,

The ostan-collections.net domain name will be transferred from one registrar to another, so even if it shouldn't cause any trouble there, i prefer to tell you this.

Transfer will occur from tomorrow until end of month, max.

Apart from that, i hope you're all doing well  ;010

NejinOniwa

We seem to be, no problems on this end apart from the occasional spamfaggotry planes who are hurriedly shot down by our amazing mod pilot Aurora-dono.
HOLDAN' MAH THUMBS `v´
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

It also helps we have the ever-vigilant team of mini-mods consisting of Nej, the recently-returned Bella, and myself ready to kick any spammers square in the spambags (only by invoking the name of Aurora Supreme anyway).

The Choice of a New Generation.

Fedora-Tan

Well, i made a checkup of the sites i have to see which ones i can remove and which ones i keep, to reduce expenses (it gets a bit expensive, the whole). Don't worry, ostan will stay as it is as it's active and have a  nice community :)

As you know i'm more than hyperbusy so i can only deal with the servers, hosting and such, but if you feel there is something i could help with (spam, etc) then don't hesitate to ask me, we may find a solution (changing forum engine, updating it, etc)

Raffaele the Amigan

hope the transfer will occur with no problem...

And BTW Good Job!  ;010

Take also a look if register ".net" domain sites will cost you some less expenses if registering in other countries where english is spoken and check also if it is more convenient by also counting too the fact you must paying IBAN international bank money transfer fees!  ;022

Maybe in some countries like New Zealand, or India, or perhaps some little countries it could be very cheap to register domains...

Just check it for a matter of curiosity...  ;012  :smoke:

;hi

P.S. Send us loyal users a mail message to the mail address we used to sign-in here in OS-TAN Collection site entitled "OSTAN COLLECTION SITE FEEDBACK MESSAGE", so we could reach you by e-mail  just in case there were were some troubles after the registrar transfer, and then we could be able to contact you to your public mail address and report you if if we encountered any troubles...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

NejinOniwa

Well - with all admins and all mods except one out of reach 99% of the time, the future might produce needs for more of the kind. I don't know how big the load on Aurora-kun is, though - from what I can decipher the situation is under control as of now. Preparations for such things might be in order, though - we never know when the need will arise.

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, Aurora hasn't shown any indication that she's having trouble, so this would definitely be a topic where her input means the most.  I have also wondered what would we'd do in the event business does pick up again, or if Aurora were to take an extended hiatus (as most of us do at some point).

NejinOniwa

If that ever happens...

...someone WILL get us V&.

IanDanKilmaster

I'm surprised (pleasantly, mind you) that she sticks around as long as she does.  Quite possibly the most loyal OSC member there is.

Everyone needs breaks from time to time though, and it wouldn't really be fair to expect her to be around when she should be vacationing or whatever other precedence-taking RL circumstance that may occur.

NejinOniwa

Indeed. Backups are necessary, from my pov.

Aurora Borealis

I've been really lucky over the past three years, I guess. I'm in college now, but my class load is surprisingly light this semester.

Still, unforeseen circumstances could happen, plus it wouldn't hurt to have another active mod. Just in case.

stewartsage

Safety first of course, especially on an internet forum.

NejinOniwa

Especially anywhere on the internet, more like? -w-;

Oh well. If we're appointing new mods, this isn't the best place to discuss it - let's move over to support/admin forum for this issue.

/close/

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Indeed. Backups are necessary, from my pov.

Yes! You are right!  ;010

Remember to make a backup of the whole site Aurora!
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

NejinOniwa