Lets make a "Which OS-tan are you" Quiz!

Started by Sora, October 25, 2009, 02:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Currently, I'm updating some articles in the wiki to get them up-to-date. Some of them are currently outdated, since the addition of more backstory that has yet to be written down at the wiki. :-\

Some more info:

Apple II-tan: A wise, witty, kind, hard-working, and down-to-earth farm girl. In place of the late Apple I-tan, she was, and still is, the de-facto mother figure of the whole Apple family. She is a great storyteller.

Apple III-tan: A pyromaniac prone to mental breakdowns and other instabilities in her childhood, and even when she did work hard to improve herself, she was still shunned by the public, and left the Apple family in shame, and lives on a remote island. As part of her self-redemption goal, she hopes to save the world someday. Wants to return to her relatives, but feels to ashamed to do so. :(

Lisa-tan: Was spoiled in her youth, suffered many misfortunes and a lot of loneliness. From all of her bottled-up grief, frustration, sadness and guilt, those feelings consumed and overpowered her and she lost the will to speak.

(note: By now, it's possible that Lisa-tan has recovered enough to cheer up and start speaking again)

Macintosh System 1-tan: Is the oldest of the Mac-tans, yet is the shortest, at a height of only 125 cm [4'1"]. She is feisty, charismatic, non-conformist (at least back in the 80's), but has a short attention span, gets distracted very easily, and has a one-track mind. Likes 1980's fashion, and wields a large hammer as her weapon of choice. Despite being the oldest Mac-tan, nearly all of them see her as a little sister-figure who needs to be cared for!

Macintosh System 2-tan: Looks a lot like System 1-tan, but is observant, witty, intelligent, sophisticated, and a little conservative-minded. She rants about stuff a lot and can do so for a long time. Same goes for her lectures. However, she gets ignored a lot and few believe what she says. This annoys her, but she swears that someday, she'll get the last laugh.

Macintosh System 3-tan: Cheerful, bubbly, very outgoing and has great social skills. Likes shopping and tinkering with electronic gadgets. Is klutzy (and in fact the least stable of the Mac-tans) and has a huge fear of bugs.

Macintosh System 3.4-tan: A very strange and baffling character. She is allegedly Macintosh System 6-tan's twin sister, but this can't seem to be confirmed or disproven. Was melancholy as a child, knowing she had no purpose in life. She left the family to redeem her pitiful life in some way; and now she's a very cheerful, strong-willed, bold and hotblooded daredevil who strives to live her life to the fullest, and to the extreme!

Chocofreak13

thankyou....this is gonna take awhile

maybe you guys can help with something else too, if you don't mind:

who will be included in what quiz? and how many?

if there is a huge amount how will the quiz be organized? (i has idea but i'd like your opinion)
click to make it bigger

Sora

I'm somthing.... ELSE
Na ha ha ha ha ha...
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

you would be, wouldn't you? xD

kidding. xD
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

The more characters you add in, the more difficult making the quiz will be. We need to have a balance between number of characters, and the ease or difficulty of making the quiz.

Chocofreak13

exactly. i'm thinking adding the more known -tans (obviously) and extra interesting -tans as well. (expect foobies to be on the list. xD)

but i'd still like you guys's help in deciding just who makes the cut. :\
click to make it bigger

Sora

Well, in the Other category, we have Firefox, Thunderbird, Wii, Opera, Couple of Viru-tans, Wikipedia, Google, Foobies...
AND DS-TAN!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

*sigh* FINE. i'll put in ds-tan, even though right now she lacks a personality. (her personality is...?)

so, for windows, we have....a VERY long list.
windows 1.0
windows 2.0
windows 3.1
windows 95
windows 98
yamada
windows 98 SE (i'm counting them as seperate)
windows 2000
windows ME
windows XP (saseko)
windows XP (homeko)
windows XP? (moseko?)
windows NT
windows Inu-t (once again, seperate)
windows CE?
windows vista (visbou)
windows vista (vistake)
windows 7 (nanami)

for macs....
apple I
apple II
lisa
system 1
system 2
system 3
system 4
system 5/4.2
system 6
system 7
system 7.5
MacOS8
MacOS9
MacOSX
MacOSX Server
(i'm not putting in the specific neko-tans, WAAY too many.)

linux:
GNU-linux
Barbie-linux
Damn Small Linux
Debian-linux
Fedora-linux
Fried Chicken Linux
Knoppix-linux
Linspire-linux
LinuXP
Momonga-linux
Puppy-linux
Redhat-linux
Slackware-linux
SuSe-linux
Ubuntu-linux

old-tans:
all the DOS-tans
A/UX
DarwinOS
Damn Small BSD
FreeBSD
NetBSD
NeXTSTEP
Minix?
The HURD
UNIX
QNX
Xenix
Amiga
Commodore 64
Commodore PET
Commodore 128
GENIAC
OS/2
OS-9
Multics
ITS
PalmOS
ReactOS
SAGE
TRS-DOS
H316

"other..."
WE-tan
AOL
Flash
DC++
Internet Explorer
Java?
Limewire?
McAfee
Norton
Trend-micro
MSBOB (*facepalm*)
MSNMessenger
MSOutlook
Quantum Link?
Safari
Wii
DS (*sigh*)
Xbox (to be fair)
Playstation (to be fair)
Abraxas
(c)Brain
Disk Killer
Festering Hate
Lamer Exterminator
Loveletter
Mimail
Viru-tan
Sunday
Valentine
Kido! (conficker)
Ghostzilla
Firefox
ThunderBird
Opera
Seamonkey
Foobies
Google
Wikipedia
Fark
TotalFark
Twitter

......shit that's a long list. O_____O;
maybe i should break it up a bit moar....

should we make a skype-tan and an AIM-tan? :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Make? Unless you really feel like it (which you certainly don't seem to, now -w-; ) I think we can skip out on those quite well.
Among the Windows-tans, all aside from 1.0-tan, 2.0-tan and Moseko have well-defined and canon traits/personalities; I propose (well duh) we go with the Win-quiz first off, and then go on as we like...as far as we want.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

exactly. i'd like to include 1 and 2 at least, but i was "?" on moseko.

so.......people are cool w/ windows list at least?

ps: nejin, liek teh new avi. ^^
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

So wait, is this gonna be one big quiz or a quiz for each family?

Chocofreak13

a quiz for each catagory. idt we could handle a giant-ass quiz like that. o_____o;

so, sage, what -tan facet are you? :3
click to make it bigger

Sora

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"*sigh* FINE. i'll put in ds-tan, even though right now she lacks a personality. (her personality is...?)

should we make a skype-tan and an AIM-tan? :\
She is always playful and cheerful, but isn't afraid of anything. (This gets her into trouble often)

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

thankyou, sora. ^^

and sage, you have to, um, TAKE the quiz.....y'know? :
click to make it bigger