Lets make a "Which OS-tan are you" Quiz!

Started by Sora, October 25, 2009, 02:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

You think that's bad.  I spent 5 hours coding something on my Dragon today and we had a powercut.  No hard drive, no battery-backed RAM.  All of it GONE.

There's no way in fuck I'm typing all that out again...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Your british computer doesn't seem all that POWAHful to me, if that's all it takes to defeat it =w=
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

It's older than I am, for chrissake!

And it IS powerful.  Has a better processor than anything else available at the time (Morotola 6809, when everything else was either using a MOS 6502 or a Zilog Z80).  POWAAAAAH!

NejinOniwa

And that's how many hertz? I don't usually meddle in things older than me ->-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Chocofreak13

O_____O *gonk*

oh, 5 hours of work (3 hours spent coming up with it, then destroying, then another 2 re-typing >___< ) produced THIS

Added after 1 minutes:

I'M WINDOWS. HAH.
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

YAY!  I got Retro-tans!  Great work, Choco!  Did you get around to doing their quiz yet?

Chocofreak13

dood, 5 HOURS.

and i don't have enough info on some of the more obscure personalities.

which brings me to this part of the topic:

POST INFO ON OBSUCRE-TANS PLZ~

examples include old tans, odd tans, websites, viruses, applications (messengers), older macs / windows (especially macs) and linuxes.

basically all i know is mostly windows, a tiny bit of linux, and some current macs.

by "post info", i mean personality, NOT hardware requirements.

and i will wait till weekend if you want me to do the quiz....i want dinner....
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

The wiki has a lot of stuff, but I do know a lot about the history of the retro computers, so maybe I could transliterate some of that into personality for you.

Chocofreak13

^^ anything is appriciated, arigato for reminder on wiki.
tomorrow's friday, so i can start then, but there's a couple other things i've been meaning to do, so i should do that too.

saturday, i was upset about not doing anything for halloween, so me and mum are going to go see "michael jackson's this is it" while it's in theaters.
he creeped me out a bit, but he was a great artist (he actually playing right now ^^; ) and he was a marketing genius (he's making money AFTER he's dead! ).

anyway, CALLING ALL KNOWLEDGABLE MEMBERS(this means you, aurora, nejin, and bella) START POSTING INFORMATION ABOUT -TAN PERSONALITIES THAT I MAY TRANSLATE INTO QUIZ.
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I'll list some vintage OS-tans! I'm just getting started. I'm going to have dinner right now and will be back with more vintage OS-tans.

Commodore PET-tan: Very prim and proper. Used to be extremely uptight and competitive, but in recent years, has become more laid-back, is wise and likes animals.

Commodore 64-tan: An ambitious, highly competitive gamer, musician, inventor and tech expert. Loves retro technology and is willing to compete against modern OS-tans and game console-tans! She used to hate her stepsister Amiga-tan, but after the Commodore company's demise, the reconciled and are now very close friends.

Commodore 128-tan: One of the youngest Commodore-tans, but is wise, kind and mature. She just wants everybody to get along. She is the only one of her family to have known C65-tan, and lives as a wanderer hoping to find her again.  

Commodore 65-tan: A insane, tough, hot-blooded pirate who lives on her own and NEVER gives up despite her disadvantages. Has a peg leg. Her friends are just as weird as she is! She is the long-lost sibling of the Commodore Family. Her other relatives are unaware of her existance and she has gotten into conflicts with them, since they thought she was a bootleg OS-tan.

Amiga-tan: Is a talented traditional artist, musician and journalist. She was very advanced back in the 1980's, but would rather unite and collaborate with others than compete. She founded and leads an organization uniting various vintage OS-tans. She loves helping others and is one of the nicest OS-tans you'd ever meet! Stands out as being one of the tallest OS-tans and is the tallest Vintage-tan at 183 cm [6'0"].

Coleco Adam-tan: Timid, paranoid, socially awkward, and difficult to understand, but is polite and chivalrous. Some sort of freak of nature, her life force is contained in a printer she has to have with her at all times and she involuntarily emits electrical discharges that erase nearby tapes. She almost always has a bad hair day. Has been rivals with Apple II-tan since the 1980's and they're still rivals! Also carries a Cabbage Patch Kids doll with her.

Chocofreak13

........that's beautiful. so fucking beautiful. xD

keep going! i'll be back tomorrow to read moar.

and we're gonna be getting ÃœBER specific, aren't we?
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"^^ anything is appriciated, arigato for reminder on wiki.
tomorrow's friday, so i can start then, but there's a couple other things i've been meaning to do, so i should do that too.

saturday, i was upset about not doing anything for halloween, so me and mum are going to go see "michael jackson's this is it" while it's in theaters.
he creeped me out a bit, but he was a great artist (he actually playing right now ^^; ) and he was a marketing genius (he's making money AFTER he's dead! ).

anyway, CALLING ALL KNOWLEDGABLE MEMBERS(this means you, aurora, nejin, and bella) START POSTING INFORMATION ABOUT -TAN PERSONALITIES THAT I MAY TRANSLATE INTO QUIZ.

I have some info, I guess...

OpenVMS-sama: cold and calculating, OpenVMS-sama was originally a promising DEC officer. She loves sharks, swordsmanship and leads a small faction of independant OS-tans. Windows NT-tan is her biological daughter (sorta), making all NT-based Windowses her descendants.

Multics-sama: emotionally complex, very intellectual and having a great knowledge of sorcery, she tended to be too complex for her own good-- much less powerful enemies were able to defeat her for the most part (most notably, her biological daughter Bell Labs Unix-sama). She can be the nicest person you hope to meet or your most ruthless enemy.

(Bell Labs) Unix-sama: an owlgirl, hot-tempered, very intelligent, she's a telented sorceress but prefers to use mind-games to injure her enemies. She has a rarely-seen soft side, Linux-sama being one of her closest friends; she is the daughter of Multics-sama, and all Unixen descend from her genetically.

That's all for now... i have a bed with my name on it.

Chocofreak13

thankyou. i'ma go to the wiki as well, then print out ridonculous amounts of info, and stat drawing up rough drafts for more detailed personality quizzes. ^^;

Added after 1 hours 6 minutes:

THIS PROJECT IS MAKING ME SAD ;___;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"thankyou. i'ma go to the wiki as well, then print out ridonculous amounts of info, and stat drawing up rough drafts for more detailed personality quizzes. ^^;

Added after 1 hours 6 minutes:

THIS PROJECT IS MAKING ME SAD ;___;

Then don't do it. Do something happy!