Main Menu

Windows 7

Started by Red-Machine, July 11, 2009, 07:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

IT'S TIME.

I'll most likely be keeping XP-chan on-drive, as a failsafe, but I am currently DL'ing the RTM x64 Ultimate release. Activation cracks are a go and found and such, and we'll see how easy that will be - but by the morrow DELTA should wielding a brand new Nana-chan install.

...maybe I should wish for a new HDD for my bday -w-;

Added after 1 hours 12 minutes:

On second thought, that would be wiser.

I will leave her as it is until I come home on sunday.

I will see, then.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Alex_Reetz

Maybe its because i basicly skipped vista after 6 months of torment, but as a hard core xp user( now using 7) it has been a dramatic change. The main changes are:
* fast boot time
*Better Aero
*The toolbar is orgasmic
*it not really demanding

The only thing I dant like about 7 is that is scales my games. So far its the best Windows OS next to XP.

coldReactive

Quote from: "Alex_Reetz"Maybe its because i basicly skipped vista after 6 months of torment, but as a hard core xp user( now using 7) it has been a dramatic change. The main changes are:
* fast boot time
*Better Aero
*The toolbar is orgasmic
*it not really demanding

The only thing I dant like about 7 is that is scales my games. So far its the best Windows OS next to XP.

A lot of XP users are going to be annoyed when they try to use a Win7 upgrade DVD on their XP machine. It'll give a nice warning stating that you can't upgrade and need to clean install. Also, only Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate can use XP Compatibility. (Home Premium and Home Basic do not have it, unlike in Vista.)

Red-Machine

WTF?  No XP compatibility mode?  That is fucked up...

I have stuff that will ONLY run in XP compatibility mode.  Another reason for me to stick with XP & Vista...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Yay for torrenting Ultimate x64 before it's released. =3=

Nuker

Quote from: "Red_Machine"WTF?  No XP compatibility mode?  That is f***ed up...

I have stuff that will ONLY run in XP compatibility mode.  Another reason for me to stick with XP & Vista...

All versions have XP compatibility mode. But only Windows 7, Enterprise and Ultimate users can download XP Mode (which is a different thing altogether) for free.

Red-Machine

Oh, you mean the intergrated Virtual PC?  Well, I'd just use real VPC if I wanted to do that.

NejinOniwa

I'll just use my dualboot anyway~

NejinOniwa

New HDD GET, increase by 640GB, total of 1TB-ish.

Win7-x64-Ultimate-RTM installation and permanent activation GET.

I win now, don't I?

Red-Machine

Won't there be an issue with updates?  And the RTM isn't technically the final product anyway.  I'd prefer a fell retail version myself.

Good thing I can get them for free at my company! :D

NejinOniwa

Hey, hey!
The RTM may not be the final version, but technically no version is until they stop providing updates. Updates work fine and well, too - no fuss from WinUpdate here.
Just the slight discomfort of things not working as you're used to with the new OS, but hey, that's what EXP is for, men.

Vash342

Win 7 is Vista with less compatability Issues.

I like seven, but I hate one thing about it.  There is no up folder button, and when I can't find it I feel stupid, and I waste an hour trying to realize its not there.

I won't use WMP only because of constant nagging of updates for codecs.  Therefore VLC is my player, and the new interface for 1.0.1 is awesome.  The only other thing I don't like about it is the sudden jump from min. RAM of 128 = XP to 1GB =Vista/7.  I'm a poor college student so budget limits me to 512MB.  T_T

Makes Fallout 1 fly now lol.

Sora

Quote from: "Nuker"If you live in USA, France, UK or Germany, you can pre-order it for 50 bucks (Home) or 100 bucks (Professional). There will be similar prices for college students and the like... EU users get to buy the full version at upgrade price until December, too. There's also a Home Premium family pack with 3 licenses at 129$...

It's not free, that's true, but it's definitely one of the cheapest OS's MS has ever made.
This is unfair

Added after 3 minutes:

VLC WFT

Added after 2 minutes:

Quote from: "Vash342"I like seven, but I hate one thing about it.  There is no up folder button, and when I can't find it I feel stupid, and I waste an hour trying to realise its not there.
So how do you go up in a folder?
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

VLC=instafail
Use CCCP@Media Player Classic HC, instead.

Red-Machine

This man speaks the Truth.