Virtual Singer Software TAN Vocaloid Hatsune Miku

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, April 24, 2009, 05:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

Hatsune Miku is not a real girl...

She is a virtual character created as personification of a Human-Voice-Singing-Software, the VOCALOID synthetizer software created from Yamaha:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

We already talked of her here on OSTAN site but briefly:

http://www.ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?search_id=15304923&t=834

And if you search, you will find some more occurencies about her...

I posted this topic because I think that many and many OSTAN videos representing her, on internet and youtube are erroneously attributed as Windows Vista videos... Because she looks very close to Win Vista...

So here is why I created this thread and here are my Questions:

1) Is it ncessary to re-check in the page of video downloads of OSTAN site if all videos and FLV are all regarding WinVista or else if are then vocaloid Hatsune Miku?

She also uses a NEGI/leek defense as used by OS-TANs, so it is easy to confuse her as being Win Vista...

2) Should we create a gallery of images of Vocaolid Hatsune Miku and other related characters/virtual singers?

Then, at least she is a software personification as just as Opera!
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

VonDaab

If you confuse Miku with Vista, then you're obviously a noob and havent lurked enough.

But yeah, there's lot of content about the vocaloids. So much that its overrun the OS-tans and other personifications.
What makes Vocaloid special is the fact that the "personifications" are official characters.
The reason why Miku has a leek is because of back in 2007 someone made a Vocaloid version of Ievan Polkka and the leek then stuck.

I'm not sure if the Vocaloids need a gallery, I mean, this place might suffer the same fate as other sites that suddenly we got 90% of vocaloid stuff only.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"1) Is it ncessary to re-check in the page of video downloads of OSTAN site if all videos and FLV are all regarding WinVista or else if are then vocaloid Hatsune Miku?

Perhaps, I have no way of knowing if that's a problem because I never look there.

Quote2) Should we create a gallery of images of Vocaolid Hatsune Miku and other related characters/virtual singers?

As VonDaab pointed out, we may end up having this site overrun with Vocaloids if we do that.  We're already having a hard enough time ensuring that we have all the OS-tan images here (Nej recently made a page of links directly to images that have yet to be uploaded here).

The Choice of a New Generation.

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "VonDaab"I'm not sure if the Vocaloids need a gallery, I mean, this place might suffer the same fate as other sites that suddenly we got 90% of vocaloid stuff only.

Technically speaking, Vocaloids are "tans" so having a gallery isn't really too far off.

I hate to say, but seriously OS-tan is almost a thing of the past and Vocaloids have stolen almost all the attentions. So "suddenly we got 90% of vocaloid stuff only" is very likely to happen if we really include a Vocaloid gallery... LOL
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Aurora Borealis

I am completely against the idea of including the Vocaloids into the OS-tan galleries. Sure, they're personifications of the Vocaloid software but they are so goddamn popular that if we included them, they would completely take over and defeat the purpose of OS-TAN collections!

Many other places have fallen to the Vocaloids, leaving this place as one of the last stands for the OS-tans. We can't let this place meet the same fate! >:[

Long live the OS-tans!

Smokey

Ooh, i have a  nice picture wich displays our darkest hours while we are under siege by the Vocaloids... :D -->

I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"If you confuse Miku with Vista, then you're obviously a noob and havent lurked enough.

It depends... And it is matter of professionals to teach the noobs.

As we said in in Naples "no any person ever was born already teached skilled"...

I got a bang in my head some days ago... I visited phunland site and on the main page I saw this vocaloid, and as being thumbnail, at a first sight I believed it was Vista...

http://www.phunland.com/wiki/Home

Then I openend full image and realized it was not Vista...

And I started mumbling that if I was mistaken, then figure out the people who are not skilled...

So i decided to open this thread and check out:

1) If someone had posted wrong videos or wrong links to vocaloid videos instead than OS-TAN(as connecting 56k I could not check it)

2) Vocaloids are software, so what is the site-rules about it?
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

VonDaab

I've never checked the download page, so I dont know what you're talking about...

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"

So are OS'.
There's nothing wrong with the whole Vocaloid personification concept. It's just the amount of content that doesnt make sense.
I mean, we got browser-tans and other software tans. And the ones that's been made by this site itself.
I think we should think about the balance of this whole site. Not to let anything particular grow too big. If anyone noticed, back when Vista was new, the fanart amount exploded and all the other characters got almost forgotten.
To avoid this, I propose to not support the Vocaloid gallery idea.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "AnimeTheme"
Quote from: "VonDaab"I'm not sure if the Vocaloids need a gallery, I mean, this place might suffer the same fate as other sites that suddenly we got 90% of vocaloid stuff only.

Technically speaking, Vocaloids are "tans" so having a gallery isn't really too far off.

That was my point...

I hate to say, but seriously OS-tan is almost a thing of the past and Vocaloids have stolen almost all the attentions. So "suddenly we got 90% of vocaloid stuff only" is very likely to happen if we really include a Vocaloid gallery... LOL

Nope! OSTANs are now something of CLASSIC and well recognized and stable movement...

But yes, Japanese love too much to check for new stuff in fashion and drop very easy things that are considered "elder"...

Also we must think that it does not appear many new Operating Systems at any time, just 1 or 2 OSs any year or any 2 years...

And elder OSs like Windows ME are sudden abandoned by users...

While Vocaloids have their strong appeal, and are very stable for years and years... because you can continue using the same vocaloid voice if you like it, almost forever...

And in the end, a Vocaloid has more strong appeal than a OS-TAN because Vocaloid has its own REAL VOICE, and you can spot it and recognize it immediately, that is why vocaloids are perceived as more appealing than OS-TANs since the beginning.
Not to mention that using your computer OS is very impersonal, while you use directly vocaloids for fun... And you play and joke directly with a real singing human voice...

This is why there is so great success for Vocaloids...
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

VonDaab

Also, Vocaloids are OFFICIAL.
Therefore they got a boost in media attention when released.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"I've never checked the download page, so I dont know what you're talking about...

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"

So are OS'.
There's nothing wrong with the whole Vocaloid personification concept. It's just the amount of content that doesnt make sense.
I mean, we got browser-tans and other software tans. And the ones that's been made by this site itself.

You are right... Infacts That's what I intended to...

QuoteI think we should think about the balance of this whole site.

And this was not my intention...

We are aimed at OS-TANs!

Other minor images and personifications  are hosted as bonus and just for a fact of just MENTIONING that it exists too other kinds of TANS and related phenomena...

Added after 3 minutes:

Quote from: "VonDaab"Also, Vocaloids are OFFICIAL.
Therefore they got a boost in media attention when released.

The huge interest of Media I think it is well organized by a smart campaign of advertising by Yamaha...

And I suspect IMHO that it concerns also a big amount of transfer of funds from Yamaha assets to the pockets of consenting journalists...  ;011  ;001
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

Smokey

Yes a bit of sponsoring goes a loong way...

However i think we should not adopt the Vocaloids in our gallery, because as far as i've heard it would mean virtual suicide, because this site would get swamped by vocaloid fans, thus pushing the OS-tans aside...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Agreeing with previous posters. There are enough places for the vocaloids already.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

double agree. as it is, we are the last official non-japanese site for OSTAN, ever since soul-reply.net went out last year. (i twas a member there)

it could be too easly overrun. as it is, scarcely anyone rmembers such -tans as yamada, 1.0, 2.0, and saba 2k.

we don't want this place to become another run-of-the-mill vocaloid site. she gets enough attention--let us focus on the unsung heros!
click to make it bigger

Sora

This is the OS-tan collection website. Most of the images should be about OS-tans.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.