favorite games

Started by Chocofreak13, February 14, 2009, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Yeah, house rules... They should make a game of that; House, the Game... Howmuch of an ass can you be while still saving patients... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Seamore

Nice Idea. Just hope it didn't screw up like ER the game ;015
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

Chocofreak13

Theme Hospital was a funny dr. themed game.

the House game would be a little hard, what's the plot?

i love chrono trigger. but i always die when i try to kill the stupid monkey. >:P
click to make it bigger

Smokey

House the game...let's see; Be an ass to your colleagues, make sexually inapropriate remarks to female colleagues, use stereotypes, scare your patients half to death and cure your patients while being smug about it... Sounds nice... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

kaineru

Peta... ended up laying another SRT game... SRT K for the DS....

Chocofreak13

if they made house the game, they should do it on DS of Wii, so you can practice the "doctor's signature"!! xD
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

The oldest computer game I have is the original Macintosh port of Missile Command, released in 1984.

Chocofreak13

i think i heard of that. any good?
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

That particular version? It's pretty good though a bit too easy- I managed to rack up a high score in the 2 million range (only ending because my stamina was running out).

Also on my computer are two other Missile Command variants for the Macintosh but they are more challenging. The very first, original Missile Command version (for the Atari 2600, IIRC) is very VERY difficult though!

Chocofreak13

hmmm, all these obscure games. wish i could get my hands on a copy.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Just look on the internet... most of those games are abandonware now...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Abandonware is such a murky zone, though, especially with larger franchises.  They are licensed compilations of Atari games if you're that interested.  Of course, these games can't quite emulate the experience on a particular system (nothing beats the feel of an arcade cabinet, and by the same token nothing is quite like when you play a game on an old floppy system).  In any case, I own a copy of Atari Anniversary Collection for the PC, not only does it have the awesome games (including Missile Command), there's also a font and wallpapers.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Cool, and indeed Abandonware is a bit of a gray zone (like anime in holland, but i don't mind, i'll keep downloading the stuff thats not licensed here according to the anime store :D) but i'm happy one of my fav games has been explicitly GPLed; Warzone2100... ;010
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

mmm....i got namco musem and DK64, which has 2 oldy games.
click to make it bigger

kaineru

Speaking of old games I recently played Madou Monogatari for the SNES and the other for the Genesis....