favorite games

Started by Chocofreak13, February 14, 2009, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

guys... we're slowly derailing here...

BTW have i mentioned that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is also one of my favorite games?
It just gets to you... Especially when i've played it for a while and walk the dog afterwards (late evening)... still got the whole atmosphere when i'm outside then... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Smokey"guys... we're slowly derailing here...

Have you looked at the forum lately?  It's one of those days ¬__¬.  Still nothing in the H-section - the one place that could really use a shot in the arm.

On topic, San Andreas is easily, easily becoming one of my favorite games.  There's just so much to do, and the radio is still the funniest damn thing (GTA4's radio didn't quite live up to the earlier ones in terms of writing).  Anyway, it's awesome - I'm a little worried about going back to Scarface now...

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

yep... GTA:SA is my favorite GTA game...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Ever since GTA3, one of my main reasons for playing the game is to hear Lazlow, but somehow that seems very backwards O__o?

Smokey

Meh usually listen to K-DST and K-rose...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Currently I am on a Pokémon streak.

After those 2½ days of Red, I felt it was time to get a bit more high-tech, so here I am, emulating the freshly released Platinum (DS) on DELTA...pretty amazing, considering the difficulty of DS emulation.

Anyone up for starting a pokemon thread? In any case, I am.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Smokey"Meh usually listen to K-DST and K-rose...

The only stations I don't listen to are SF-UR and CSR.  My favorite generally varies depending on my mood, but usually I listen to K-DST, K-ROSE, K-JAH, WCTR, and RADIO X.

Smokey

The DST has a great song; Horse with no name... ^_^ and generally good music...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Seriously, why the hell does a game include radio stations?
Seeing the impact it's had, it was a good move, but what is the damn purpose? Realism? It seems a bit "meh" to me...

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, classic song by America - great to listen to when you're truckin'.  What I don't understand is how the hell Rod Stewart is on there... it's a classic rock station, WTH?!  A personal fave of mine on that station is Green River by CCR.  Creedence is another favorite band of mine, FYI.

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Seriously, why the hell does a game include radio stations?
Seeing the impact it's had, it was a good move, but what is the damn purpose? Realism? It seems a bit "meh" to me...

That and it can be incredibly dull driving around for hours with nothing to listen to - much like real life.  A lot of games have used popular music before, but I much prefer the radio station approach in GTA.

Smokey

yep, the game is more fun that way... i always look out for a ride with a radio when i'm out there... most like Trucks (fo'hitchin' up a trailer and go truckin') and dirtbikes (has radio and is capable of off-road fun..
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Who knows, next thing they'll be implementing MP3 players in FPS games... >_>

IanDanKilmaster

Meh, not really necessary - it's not like there's long stretches of "Gawd, this is a long fucking trip" when you're playing an FPS.  Fast, twitch-based gameplay, so there's no real need for distraction, but I have known people who listen to music while they play FPS games.

Smokey

Might come in handy while playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R., although i have a guitar and a hand radio in my stash... just cant use them (probably the developers didn't have time for that...)
Dam, sometimes the walks in that game get looooong...
Thanks Fedora-sama