Main Menu

Golden...

Started by Cockleshell, February 07, 2009, 06:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robhol

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I agree that gold or chrome accents are a nice addition though! But to completely plate something in it is usually overkill!

And I hate when designers put a bunch of gold and diamonds on their (insert item here) without improving it in other ways just to make it the most goddamn expensive item of its kind.

Word. And the top two reasons are:

1) It looks tacky.
2) In a lot of cases, the product already IS the most expensive of its kind.

Chocofreak13

yeah, yeah. back in the day, THIS was my gold.

EDIT: robhol, true dat. makes no sense. if they want to be flashy and have expensive things, why waste time blinging something out? buy 100 more and give em' out; that REALLY makes you look rich.
click to make it bigger

Vegapunk

NERDZ

Added after 16 seconds:

Aw who am I kiddin......

coldReactive

Quote from: "Smokey"cool, but a shame that it's only iPhone and macBook...

Same

Chocofreak13

hmmmm.....
golden cereal would be interesting.
would it be served with goldschlaga? xD
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

There are even some ridiculously expensive desserts covered in edible gold leaf! WTF?!

Chocofreak13

mmmmm i think i've heard of those. <P i think i saw a cake like that once on a food network competition. lil' gold pearls or something.
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

A gold-plated sundae is featured in    this Cracked article.

Part of me totally wants that $1,000 sundae, mostly for bragging rights but another part of me is disgusted that people can waste ridiculous amounts of money on just one meal...

Chocofreak13

it looks.....so decadent......like it's be so tasty it's hurt....or at least be so expensive you'd cry....
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Heck if i were rich i'd see me ordering gold plated food, just to keep that money i spent out of the grimy little hands of our IRS...
If you'd win our current state lottery's Jackpot (â,¬27.500.000,-) and retired on â,¬24Mln, you'd have to pay 57% income tax?!

Man, being rich is a reason to GTFO of holland and live in Monaco or Dubai...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Chocofreak13

hah, that is a good reason! screw the government! set up shop in some godforasken place and MAKE a country!
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Smokey"Heck if i were rich i'd see me ordering gold plated food, just to keep that money i spent out of the grimy little hands of our IRS...
If you'd win our current state lottery's Jackpot (â,¬27.500.000,-) and retired on â,¬24Mln, you'd have to pay 57% income tax?!

On second thought, that sounds like a good idea, spending lots of money so The Man can't have it! That 57% tax bracket is asinine! Though in all fairness, most countries with high tax brackets have things like universal healthcare and such.

In comparison, the highest tax bracket in the U.S. is 39% but the healthcare system is f***ed up and college costs an *** load of money. :(

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"hah, that is a good reason! screw the government! set up shop in some godforasken place and MAKE a country!

Yeah! :D

Fun fact: That is possible and has been done before! Check it out!

Chocofreak13

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
Quote from: "Smokey"Heck if i were rich i'd see me ordering gold plated food, just to keep that money i spent out of the grimy little hands of our IRS...

On second thought, that sounds like a good idea, spending lots of money so The Man can't have it! That 57% tax bracket is asinine! Though in all fairness, most countries with high tax brackets have things like universal healthcare and such.

In comparison, the highest tax bracket in the U.S. is 39% but the healthcare system is f***ed up and college costs an *** load of money. :(
TELL me about it. >:\
Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"
Quote from: "Chocofreak13"hah, that is a good reason! screw the government! set up shop in some godforasken place and MAKE a country!

Yeah! :D

Fun fact: That is possible and has been done before! Check it out!
HAH xD
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Quote from: "Ã,,urora"On second thought, that sounds like a good idea, spending lots of money so The Man can't have it! That 57% tax bracket is asinine! Though in all fairness, most countries with high tax brackets have things like universal healthcare and such.

In comparison, the highest tax bracket in the U.S. is 39% but the healthcare system is f***ed up and college costs an *** load of money.  

HAH!!!
I remember our old health care system, where i paid â,¬57,79 a month for a so called "Private insurance" (we also had the cheap 'n cheerful Collective insurance for the proletariat) and now with our new government and their BS new insurance system i pay twice as much for less coverage...

Plus taxes have gone up on E-VE-RY-THING (cars, flying, houses, income, groceries, alcohol, gasoline) plus they made up a couple of new ones "Because our [censored] gocernment cares about the [censored] environment"
Well, those [censored], [censored] only care about lining their [censored] pockets with our money, cuz if they really cared about the "environment", they'd already have put up biodiesel and bioethanol gas stations, and our public transport'd be running on that stuff already...
No what they do is; raise taxes on older cars, reintroduce tax on classic cars (cars older than 25 years were exempt from road tax), and make virtually everything with an engine in it fiscally unattractive or impossible for not only the common man, but also for small businesses...

So, yeah[/really heavy sarcasm] we do live in a beautiful[/sarcasm] country, where our government has nothing but our best interest in mind[/dripping wet with sarcasm, and a hint of deathwish] and sure we pay a lot of taxes..... on about everything we do..... or eat.... or drink..... or don't do, for that matter..... but in return we get, ready?
Higher prices, smaller paychecks, budget cuts, unemployment, less police, resulting in more crime and death, budget cuts in our healthcare system, resulting in filthy (literally, they're dirty with ORs closed because of the dust and vermin) and understaffed underqualified hospitals, budget cuts in the school system, budget cuts in the army, insane amounts of paperwork to get ANYTHING done, and last but not least we also get richer and richer ministers... wich isn't so hard, now that there is virtually a ban on making more money than our MP...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Seamore

Lol, looks like I'm not the only one who's unsatisfied with their current government. But the fact that in my country added with terrorist attack and shameless minister about corruption, makes me sometime want to curse this "UGLY YET BEAUTIFUL BUT SLOWLY DESTROYED BY US WORLD". Those shameless and corrupt government and all kind of terrorist just go to hell.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---