Main Menu

Gunz

Started by SleepyD, January 22, 2007, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

If only the javalin actually worked like that... the missil does fly up and come down on the enemy tank busting the weak armor, but the CLUE (the site) works differnent. Normaly a assultman would either sit, or have the javalin mounted on a vehicle, he points the clue at the enemy tank, then using some nobs and such on the grips, adjusts a set of brackets manualy untill only the tanks sillowett is in it, then fires. It tracks the object selected along its flight path and boom.  None of that, just get point the clue toward the tank and wait for it to lock on crap.. hell, in CoD4 you didnt even have to be looking at the tank, is tracked through buildings.

one thing I did like about CoD4 tho, was the use of the an-peq2 on the M4s.  That no shit looks just like it does when you use them irl, a beam of infered light that you can only see in your NVGs, alowing you to fire your rifle even from the hip and get hits, cus with NVGs on you cant look over your sights. on the other hand, thats one of their errors, once you put the nvgs on you were able to look over your EO tech sight, which you could not do in those goggles..

plus their M4s fired fully auto, which of course, they dont do.  not the ones the marines carry anyways... the M249 SAW filled the roll of automatic rifle.

also random fact about the RPG.  There is a spot on the round where you can drill a tiny tiny hole that will cause the round to explode in the launcher if you attempt to fire it.  At the begining of the war we confenscated a bunch of rounds, drilled the holes and then put them back out into circulation.. made alot of insergants think twice before firing an RPG after enough blew up on them..

Added after 8 minutes:

QuoteI tend to be a skeptic in general, but when you have a show that tests weapons for their quality and the makers of the weapons are there and the tests never end in disappointment, I think that's more than enough reason for suspicion...

I still watch the show, but never for serious weapon stuff. More for explosions, really....

eh well once and a while he will show something of use, like the AT-4 with the back blast eliminator allowing you to fire it inside closed spaces. THAT is a wonderful technological upgrade to a weapon I belive is worth its salt.  Thats one thing that I always hated about videogames and movies, no one EVER shows the back blast. You stand behind a SMAW, javalin, AT 4, or any other rocketlauncher when it fires, your gonna get cooked. you fire it inside, the over pressure and heat will kill you.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Heh, LOL... And i know about firing a javelin irl... Researched it on the internet, and asked some soldiers...

And that RPG trick is hard... Besides you need to launch tons of 'em to hit a helicopter, like you easily do in some games... (you got stingers for that... Those are cool, launched a dummy rocket from one...)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I would say the show showcases some good ideas that sound good in theory, but how much of the stuff they show actually works as good as they do on the show?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Well, i didn't see a weapon blow up in his face, so that's good... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Taser, do want. <3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Yeah, fun stuff.... We made them out of electrical fly swatters... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

koeix2

guns in general? too many topics to choose from, so many things to say...

I guess ill list my fav guns.

Pistols:
1911 MEU SOC
Beretta M92
CZ-75B, IPSC, SP-01
Sig p229
Cz-100
MK23

Rifles (in general):
G3a3
G36c
M24
SCAR H, L
Magpul Masada
hk416

Sub-machineguns:
mp5 series
fn p90
MP9 / Steyr TMP
Kriss

My opinion on different Calibers:
There's a gun for every situation, and there's a bullet for every situation. Some work better than others, and others dont.

Chocofreak13

....thompson submachine gun.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Yeah, i liked that one too, liked it less when i saw an SAS officer fire it at a target...

He emptied a whole drum magazine (like they do in hollywood, spray 'n pray), but only 1 or 2 bullets actually hit their target...

Added after 11 minutes:

there's one iconic Gun i do like, really like, and want to have some day (or at least have fun with ^_^);
The MG42 universal machinegun...

Now there's a flawed weapon that was deadly and terrifying...
Thanks Fedora-sama