non-existant computers

Started by Chocofreak13, January 12, 2009, 06:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

I ALREADY CLAIMED ANTIKYTHERA DAMMIT >:[
click to make it bigger

Alex S

Back from the past, but Choco, didn't you mention at some point having finished a XANA-kun pic?

Chocofreak13

yeah, but my room ate it. i remember the basic jist of it, so i could re-draw it. :\
click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

I really wanna see a Tan of  "Deep Thought" fictional computer from "Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy"...  ;012  ;010  :smoke:
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

srjskam

Made a version of Babbage's Ana-tan & Diffie-tan... I went for the Victorian thing rather than steampunk, someone with character design and composition skills would probably render them more steampunkish and, well, OS-tanny. If any of you do, please don't let this version restrict you.

Here's the motivation for various stuff: Dif-tan has a crank on top like one of her prototypes, and recites [ed: values of] polynomial functions. She's a bit dim, as mentioned, being non-Turing complete...

Ana-tan's corkscrews are number discs and her bow is made of instruction punch cards. I didn't come up with a good way to indicate how absurdly far ahead of her time she was, maybe the energetic character gives some hint. She was never built, thus no limbs (and I also suck at drawing hands and feet but let's pretend that has nothing to do with it...)

(The Difference Engine wasn't built either (until 2000s) to be exact, so imagine peg legs or something...)

I tried to upload this to vintage gallery but apparently there are some Standards. [ed 20.9.: It got approved... so apparently they have NO STANDARDS  o_o... updated link to point at that.]

NejinOniwa

That, my boy...is sincerely creepy. I give it to you, for "prehistoric" computers those are pretty well thought out, as is your design. We'll likely continue development on this, but I'll say personally that it's a good startout.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i agree. they're quite beautiful, and your concepts are great. however, wouldn't this post more likely go in the vintage thread? this is a thread about fake computers from movies. tv shows, books, ect.

speaking of which, did we ever talk about a TARDIS-tan?
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: "srjskam"Made a version of Babbage's Ana-tan & Diffie-tan... I went for the Victorian thing rather than steampunk, someone with character design and composition skills would probably render them more steampunkish and, well, OS-tanny. If any of you do, please don't let this version restrict you.

Here's the motivation for various stuff: Dif-tan has a crank on top like one of her prototypes, and recites [ed: values of] polynomial functions. She's a bit dim, as mentioned, being non-Turing complete...

Ana-tan's corkscrews are number discs and her bow is made of instruction punch cards. I didn't come up with a good way to indicate how absurdly far ahead of her time she was, maybe the energetic character gives some hint. She was never built, thus no limbs (and I also suck at drawing hands and feet but let's pretend that has nothing to do with it...)

(The Difference Engine wasn't built either (until 2000s) to be exact, so imagine peg legs or something...)

I tried to upload this to vintage gallery but apparently there are some Standards. [ed 20.9.: It got approved... so apparently they have NO STANDARDS  o_o... updated link to point at that.]

YAY!!!! This is awesome man, thumbs up to you! :D

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger