Main Menu

Have you ever....

Started by hicamajig, January 11, 2009, 02:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hicamajig

Have you ever installed and tried out a program all because of the kawaii little -tan that represents it? If so which programs?

I have. I installed Opera, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, and Nvu. lol. Of those I continued using Thunderbird and still have Opera on my comp.

Chocofreak13

hmm, maybe not programs, but files. :3

since this is a shared family computer, i have to be careful of what i install. downloading they're none the wiser, but programs show up EVERYWHERE, so things have gotten deleted (*sniff* orbit!! noes!! ;_; *weep*)
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Well...I pretty much went the normal way...that is, the other way around, ahahaha~ ^-^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

I have installed various emulators because of the appeal of the system (mainframes and minicomputers, i love old skool computing)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

No, but I did take an old laptop out of storage to dink around with Win 3.1 again, tho I grew up on 3.1 so it was also for nestolgia factor
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

that would be DOS on 486maxi tower for me...

Still the best tho...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

win 95 and 98 were my first. (technically 95, but the computer belonged to my uncle.)

have you guys ever downloaded multiple copies of something looking for the right one?

i have about 5 editions of "Dragostea Din Tei"......
click to make it bigger

Smokey

All the time...
LOL, searching for the right emulators, or the right software for them...
Or a right guide/the right info on programming or the environment in wich i am programming... :D
Yeah, i do love those old-skool systems...
I am currently searching for an early microcomputer to build and program myself from the ground up...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Aurora Borealis

I am also so interested in vintage systems! It was C-Chan's vintage OS-tan characters that got me interested in vintage systems and Bella's historical OS-tan characters that got me interested in the even older OSes! (before late 2006, I was a purely Apple fangirl)

Unlike a lot of you, nostalgia isn't always so sweet for me. Mac System 7.5 was the first OS I used and it is one of the worst! (Waaah... Out of all the versions of System 7, I ended up with the really bad one!) But while I still did have fond memories of the first computer I used and played games on it (Games, on my Macintosh? It's more likely than you think!), I cannot overlook all the crashing and that time the Sad Mac icon appeared and nearly scared me away from the computer for good!

I still use the Classic Mac OS from time to time though now though now I use System 6.0.8! :D

Smokey

Sweet, good to see the Mod is one of the good girls... ;010

Score one for the old-skool... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

hmm, 95. <3 the first os i played with.

but then, my uncle's computer had this weird os that seemed even older than 95......
it scared me O_o;
click to make it bigger

Smokey

I started with DOS and Toybox 2.02 when i was 3 (that was at the time '88, unusual)...
by the time i was ~6-7 i was in Wolfenstein 3d in well under a minute via the DOS prompt (including system bootup)

power on
[esc]
C:\D:
D:\cd games
D:\GAMES\cd wolf3d
D:\GAMES\WOLF3D\wolf3d goobers

Ahh the good ol days, i remember it like yesterday...:D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

sadly, i was not that computer literate. but then, my first os was at about 6 and that was 98 first edition (yay non-scanner friendliness!) 95 if you count my uncle's. so i never had to learn about DOS. i actually only heard about it a few years ago off a tshirt. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Smokey

O_O what, seriously!!!!!!!!!

Really!

Don't they teach history at your school???????

Added after 27 seconds:

next thing ya know, you'll tell me you don't know CP/M...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

no, all they taught me bout history was about some stupid war.....

oh, and on original topic, one of the reasons i want ME for an os is because she so cyoot. <3
click to make it bigger