did we know about this?

Started by Chocofreak13, December 27, 2008, 11:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

we sometimes affectionately refer to xp pro as saseko. did everyone know what that meant and why she got so mad? i just found out o_o;

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=saseko

it's still a pretty name.....i'm still gonna use it in the comic......
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

A lot of us know about that already but it is extremely strange that there are people who affectionately refer to her as Saseko despite what it means! I wonder if those people know or not :-/

Another reason why she is known as Saseko is because on a Japanese keyboard, the "sa" syllable is on the "x" key and the "se" syllable is on the "p" key, and the "-ko" at the end is to make it sound like a female name.

If you still want to use that in your comic, I say go for it! I will be looking forward to seeing your comic!

NejinOniwa

Use it as a plot element, even better. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"we sometimes affectionately refer to xp pro as saseko. did everyone know what that meant and why she got so mad? i just found out o_o;

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=saseko

it's still a pretty name.....i'm still gonna use it in the comic......

As you are still a newbie...  ;001  ;hi

... then you certainly are not aware  ;011  of the fact that here on OS-Tan forum we had already discussed about the meaning of "Saseko" in another thread aged of July 2007:

http://www.ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?search_id=1473856346&t=603

Then you are forgiven...  ;010  ;012
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

aurora, demon-san: i could try to work it into plot....wow, i can actually picture it! xD thanx. i think it's pretty, just like how i'm gonna name a dog anthrax (because i can't name my kid that. and when i have a son/daughter his/her name will be milo/charlotte anyway. :3 )

raffaele: go away! i don't need any mean comments, i'm already in the middle of a depressive crash right now! i only found this place recently! EXCUSE me! >:[
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Excuse me, but Rafaelle wasn't making a mean comment at all.

But back on topic, Saseko sure does sound like a pretty name though despite its meaning!

Chocofreak13

i'm sorry i've been so sensitive lately. it was sounding a little condescending. ik i'm new here, you can see by when i joined. i don't like having the "newbie" label rubbed in..... ;_;

it is pretty. and alot of names have weird meanings. :/ "saba" means "mackerel" or "shoe" but it still sounds cute. :3
click to make it bigger

Alex S

Actually, Saba is a pun, because the words for server and mackerel sound and are spelled similarly in Japanese. That's also why Saba-tan is portrayed as having fish-like characteristics.

On topic, I'll still call XP Pro-sama Saseko, because, in addition to sounding nice, it accurately describes her about 50% of the time.

Chocofreak13

pfft that's hilarious.

ik about the pun, but before i knew i googled it and it's actually the name of a small island as well. i wiki-ed that and they say the only origins of that name was a variation of dutch for "shoe".
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quoteit accurately describes her about 50% of the time.
Hey, hey, I'm watching you through this lens here...don't want to say that to the public, now do we? >w>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

aw, who doesn't know about it? xD we've all seen the worm comic and heard about the toshiaki-2k-xp love triangle, right? xD
click to make it bigger