so which -tan do you consider yourself?

Started by Chocofreak13, December 23, 2008, 05:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Re-install? MS Office? That's just worthless. It's not even any use to pirate it anymore, unless you absolutely must have .docx compability natively (which is completely damn useless, by the way). Just remove it - every single damn tiniest little trace of it, you never know otherwise - and install OpenOffice.org over it, and you're done.

Any more support for the poor lass should go in the appropriate thread, however.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

OS Freak

That's the thread were I should keep this conversation on? If so thanks for redirecting me. It's kinda hard for a noob like me to read all the posts in the entire forum. Thanks again NejinOniwa :smoke:
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Chocofreak13

oh gawd that poor computer!! ;_;
do me a favor and whack him for me.
nejin-san: try? my sis's computer is running some odd, fragmented os...(windows+mac+linux??=my sis's computer)
click to make it bigger

OS Freak

I'll scold him don't worry, I'll encourage him to use antiviruses even if it's a free version. It's better than no antivirus at all. These days computer who venture the net with no protection is like a beautiful virgin girl going to an underground thugs place.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Bella

Quotenejin-san: try? my sis's computer is running some odd, fragmented os...(windows+mac+linux??=my sis's computer)

Unless your sis is a crazy sk1ll3d l33t hacker, who somehow managed to stick Windows and Mac source into her Linux OS base, I very much doubt she's running a fragmented OS. ;)

The OS is the OS, no matter what window managers, desktop environments, emulators or foreign apps its running... a Linux computer running Windows programs under an emulator is no more related to Windows than a human wearing bunny ears is to a rabbit. ^^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "OS Freak"My cousing is kinda like a zombie XP tan. He gave me his laptop to fix it and groom it. He was running her with no antivirus or firewall. I installed my thrusted one I have. It found 200+ vulnerabilities, 16 Viruses, 10 trojans and 2 malware. Had 500+ registry errors and had 3.8 Gigs fragmented and 2900+ temporary system dump files. Pretty much he just wanted to torture the poor XP girl.

Anybody who allows THAT to happen to their computer should not be able to use computers! I mean, who the **** uses Windows without antivirus and firewall programs?!?!

I feel so sad for that computer. Poor XP-tan  ;102  ;102

OS Freak

I'm studying computers and I always beef up mine's security. I tell ya Aurora it pains to see OS's being treated like that. Some other people have givven me other laptops for me and my friend to fix. Both of us have found some bizarre moments out there, I mean Do most people know what a computer is? Do they have in mind that one they get one they just turn it on use it then turn it off? Jesus-Christ, computers need assistance and maintenance and security just like a human needs food,  water and shelter.

NejinOniwa

/OSC/ - the Red Cross for Computer Rights activists.

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "OS Freak"I'm studying computers and I always beef up mine's security.
Excellent decision! I wished other people would do the same!

QuoteI tell ya Aurora it pains to see OS's being treated like that.
Same here! :(

Some other people have givven me other laptops for me and my friend to fix. Both of us have found some bizarre moments out there, I mean Do most people know what a computer is? Do they have in mind that one they get one they just turn it on use it then turn it off? Jesus-Christ, computers need assistance and maintenance and security just like a human needs food,  water and shelter.

Part of the problem may that too many people these days tend to see their computers as disposable commodities that need nearly no maintenance since they have gotten so much cheaper over the decades. But 20-30 years ago, a personal computer was regarded as an investment!

The other part must be that people aren't reading the manuals and haven't bothered to learn how to take care of their computer! ;030

NejinOniwa

Rage? From MY Aurora? It's more likely than you think!

Chocofreak13

she can hack, but our friend the genius-boy set it up. it doesn't actually have linux i heard, but it's windows with a mac overlay, which is still a little odd. :/ (i bet 95-tan would be pissed. :3 )
click to make it bigger

OS Freak

Aurora wrote:
QuotePart of the problem may that too many people these days tend to see their computers as disposable commodities that need nearly no maintenance since they have gotten so much cheaper over the decades. But 20-30 years ago, a personal computer was regarded as an investment!

I agree with you. I am prsonaly a poor person I have no shame admiting it because I did save very much to buy the XP I'm using to write these posts since 2004. I've givven her so much care the only thing she has ever neede replacement was her celeron processor wich with hand work only costed a mre $134. She has been in service since I purchased her to this very day with only that much investment. As you can see I try to protect her much it's the only thing I have. and as we said both people these days don't value their things until they lose them.

Chocofreak13

hmm, anyone who thinks security is stupid IS stupid. >_<;

even if's freeware.....

oh, and then all the idiots who make the admin account their permanant user account on top of not using security.....dumbasses.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

QuoteI agree with you. I am prsonaly a poor person I have no shame admiting it because I did save very much to buy the XP I'm using to write these posts since 2004. I've givven her so much care the only thing she has ever neede replacement was her celeron processor wich with hand work only costed a mre $134. She has been in service since I purchased her to this very day with only that much investment. As you can see I try to protect her much it's the only thing I have. and as we said both people these days don't value their things until they lose them.

MANLY TEARS WERE SHED. ;_;

hicamajig

Quote from: "OS Freak"My cousing is kinda like a zombie XP tan. He gave me his laptop to fix it and groom it. He was running her with no antivirus or firewall. I installed my thrusted one I have. It found 200+ vulnerabilities, 16 Viruses, 10 trojans and 2 malware. Had 500+ registry errors and had 3.8 Gigs fragmented and 2900+ temporary system dump files. Pretty much he just wanted to torture the poor XP girl.

T-T I think you need to tie him down and make him swear never to be so abusive again!!!