so which -tan do you consider yourself?

Started by Chocofreak13, December 23, 2008, 05:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Like me.  Mysterious and fond of the Great Lakes.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on March 01, 2012, 01:36:53 PM
Like me.  Mysterious and fond of the Great Lakes.

Now I kinda feel like drawing her ... did you ever release a description of her?

stewartsage

Of course I did, in her little bio/sketch thing.

Bella

Upon careful meditation I'm pretty sure Amiga-tan could be my spirit OS-tan. The signs are there.

Nichi

Ah? How so?

TBH, IDK who my spirit OS-tan could be at this point; not sure which -tan would fall under "cheerful on the outside, bitter about life situation on the inside" :\

Krizonar

I stand by my decision, which apparently is one of my oldest posts.

Raises grape juice cup and sips carefully, pinky proper.

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on October 15, 2014, 09:35:30 PM
Ah? How so?

TBH, IDK who my spirit OS-tan could be at this point; not sure which -tan would fall under "cheerful on the outside, bitter about life situation on the inside" :\

Tragic backstory elements, perpetually upbeat attitude, wide skill-set but with a natural talent for visual arts, helpful, acts young for her age, talent lies underutilized/untapped. Also: Red hair! (Although she's a ginger while i have literal red hair.)

PilotOS-tan comes to mind tbh....... or maybe PCDOS? Though "cheerful on the outside and bitter on the inside" describes most of the Commodore-tans too...

Quote from: Krizonar on October 16, 2014, 11:34:45 AM
I stand by my decision, which apparently is one of my oldest posts.

Raises grape juice cup and sips carefully, pinky proper.

Panther-tan, right?

Nichi

Mmm. PC-DOS could work, yeah -w-
(Also, indeed. On that note, we need artwork of Amiga-tan :3)

Chocofreak13

i'm still Homeko. nerdy, tends to spend most of my time in my (or, incidentally now, my boyfriend's) room, wears PJs almost constantly, artistic, shotacon, loner, mental issues, normally too lazy to do much with my hair, blind without glasses, doesn't give any fucks, insane amount of anime collectibles, weird hobbies, loves heated things, most of what i eat is instant food and carbonated drinks, etc etc....
click to make it bigger

Gui55

I think I might say I would consider myself the Windows ME-kun because first I am a male, and second my younger brothers used to jokingly accuse me of being clumsy since I had "reckless" stability issues when it came to running errands or doing favors for my parents. Dang, they even wrote a song about it on our family's piano!

Chocofreak13

funny thing, ME-kun is actually quite stable and reliable. if you're looking for a reckless, clumsy OS-kun, your best bets would be Homeo or OSX-kun.
click to make it bigger

Gui55

Oh okay, thanks Choco, you're right! I overlooked the full-dedicated page description of ME-kun on the OS-tan Collections Wiki. :( But yeah, that is kind of funny that any character representing WinME is actually stable! ;)

Chocofreak13

it's an interesting coincidence, honestly, but i didn't write the character, just the page on him. i think he may either represent all ME was SUPPOSED to be or is for the die-hard fans of the OS who strive to make it work. (and my sister knew a few, they made a few nice games that were exclusively ME.)
click to make it bigger

winduko

I found (and restored using some geocities archive magic url) this old link: http://www.geocities.ws/xiwang_zitzit5/ostan/ostan.html

This quiz is old, as in predates Vista old. I know that you can get Longhorn as a response from this quiz.

Honestly, I don't like saying I am x OS-tan, as I do not feel I can evaluate myself properly in stuff like that. I got a DOS-tan. It was either MS-DOS-tan or DOS/V-tan, but I'm not sure which one the quiz says, and the results page doesn't show up. You can tell what result you got from the URL, but DOS is very ambiguous because of the two canon DOS-tans.

But my brother is ME-kun. No doubt about it. He's a reliable, smart brother.