YouOS is no more!

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, December 07, 2008, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

YouOS was a Web Based Operating System

It was funny to open windows, use programs and navigate in Internet using YouOS Browser and you forgot you were already standing in Internet by just surfing a single internet page using a normal browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari...

You entered YouOS and you could navigate safe of viruses, and if I remember well you could also register and keep your own session of YouOS complete of Saving Files, keep your preferences in colors and programs, complete with internet mail.

It was made all by Javascript language powered with AJAX graphical GUI builder for JAVA.

An image of YouOS running into Firefox:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/thumb/c/c9/YouOS_screenshot.jpeg/800px-YouOS_screenshot.jpeg

YouOS really demonstrated the powerful of Web 2.0 features...

Some minutes ago I shown the site to a friend of mine and I discovered with disappoint that since last of July 2008 the project is dead...  ;026  ;014

https://www.youos.com/
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Bella

Ah, I never got to try out YouOS...I wanted to, it looked quite interesting. : \

(and I wanted to make a YouOS-tan, as well. ;) )

Aurora Borealis

Bummer. YouOS looked like a really neat OS with a unique concept! :(

But would YouOS-tan be deceased, after only 2 years of life? Personality-wise, I'd have imagined YouOS-tan being very modern-looking, generous, ladylike, persistent but is an internet junkie and junk food junkie!