95-sama

Started by Nuker, October 20, 2008, 02:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuker

I'm still learning how to draw anime stile so it's not that great, but I thought you guys could help me improve my drawing skills, so here it is:

Is there something to fix? (Probably there is)
Should I colour it? Should I put it in the improvement thread instead?

Suggestions and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated. ^^

VonDaab

Looks really good.

Most of the "anatomy" looks pretty fine.
Bit stiff, but that's normal for a beginner.
Color sounds good, though I'd suggest getting a better scan of it or ink it.(if you're going to color it digitally that is)

I would've posted this into the "Free Cookies" thread, as creating a thread for one drawing is bit silly. Of Course, nothing stops you from making this thread your "artsy thread" like lots of people have done.

"Free cookies" has been bit dead for a while, so new content would be really nice over there...

Hope we'll see more art from you.

NejinOniwa

Drawfailer of the day (me) gives this one a thumbs up.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nuker

Quote from: "VonDaab"Looks really good.

Most of the "anatomy" looks pretty fine.
Bit stiff, but that's normal for a beginner.
Color sounds good, though I'd suggest getting a better scan of it or ink it.(if you're going to color it digitally that is)

I would've posted this into the "Free Cookies" thread, as creating a thread for one drawing is bit silly. Of Course, nothing stops you from making this thread your "artsy thread" like lots of people have done.

"Free cookies" has been bit dead for a while, so new content would be really nice over there...

Hope we'll see more art from you.

Thank you.

I'm currently trying to learn how to do full-body drawings. I don't think it's that difficult, but hands and feet are a pain to draw. Once I manage to get them right everything should be easier.

Free cookies thread, uh? It was almost at the bottom of the page, so I kinda missed it. Sorry for that. I think I'll keep this thread for now, until I decide if I want my artsy thread or not. If I do, I'll change the title, if I don't I'll delete it and I'll post the finished picture in the "free cookies" thread.

@NejinOniwa: Don't say you're a drawfailer XD No one fails at drawing. Take me for example, 6 months ago I couldn't draw a stickman properly, much less an OS-tan. It's just a matter of imitation, trial-and-error, and LOTS of time and patience.

VonDaab

Quote from: "Nuker"I'm currently trying to learn how to do full-body drawings. I don't think it's that difficult

Well then, I think I'll just sit down here and wait for one "easily drawn full-body drawing"...

Nuker

Quote from: "VonDaab"
Quote from: "Nuker"I'm currently trying to learn how to do full-body drawings. I don't think it's that difficult

Well then, I think I'll just sit down here and wait for one "easily drawn full-body drawing"...

Of course it's only -relatively- easy. :D

NejinOniwa

Quote@NejinOniwa: Don't say you're a drawfailer XD No one fails at drawing. Take me for example, 6 months ago I couldn't draw a stickman properly, much less an OS-tan. It's just a matter of imitation, trial-and-error, and LOTS of time and patience.
And it just so happens that the only thing I don't have is Patience. And mercy on others, but that's another story. So, I fail at drawing since I'm too impatient to wait and learn.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nuker

Rough sketch I did today at uni. (Chemistry 101 is boooring)

VonDaab

Oh god, lined paper.

Pretty big paper there, took some time to draw it?

Mouth looks bit weird(too round to be a happy mouth).

You said you recently started drawing in "anime-style". This means that you got earlier experience of real drawing?

Nuker

Quote from: "VonDaab"Oh god, lined paper.

Pretty big paper there, took some time to draw it?

Mouth looks bit weird(too round to be a happy mouth).

You said you recently started drawing in "anime-style". This means that you got earlier experience of real drawing?

Lol, lined paper is teh fail, I know, but it was all I could use at uni.

The paper is an A4. It took me about 20 minutes to draw it, divided in four 5 minute drawing sessions.

And yeah, I agree, the mouth looks wierd. I posted it anyway just to be sure. I need criticism to get better, after all.

If I got any experience with realistic drawing? Nope, before I started drawing anime style I just didn't draw much of anything aside from doodles and stuff like that.

VonDaab

Quote from: "Nuker"If I got any experience with realistic drawing? Nope, before I started drawing anime style I just didn't draw much of anything aside from doodles and stuff like that.

I know you're here for the feedback on your anime art, but I really, really recommend learning anatomy and human shape as an priority, before moving on to anime.

Even a little, because it really helps a lot later...

Nuker

Quote from: "VonDaab"
Quote from: "Nuker"If I got any experience with realistic drawing? Nope, before I started drawing anime style I just didn't draw much of anything aside from doodles and stuff like that.

I know you're here for the feedback on your anime art, but I really, really recommend learning anatomy and human shape as an priority, before moving on to anime.

Even a little, because it really helps a lot later...

Well, first and foremost, I'm here because I like OS-tans. I'm not using you as some kind of "review machine": I want to contribute more to this community and one of the ways I can do that is getting better at drawing (which, I admit, is something I wanted to do anyway) :P

However, I'll try to post more finished drawings and less WIPs/sketches. And before posting anything I'll ask myself if it deserves to be put online. After all this is supposed to be an "art" thread of some sort, not my scrapbook. That I can understand. :)

As for studying anatomy: have done, am doing, and will do. I know it's important. I'll try to double check my drawings for anatomy errors in the future. Nonetheless, if someone finds some errors I'd appreciate it a lot if they'd point them out. ^^

VonDaab

I like the way you think.

"review machine"?  I love to be one when it comes to art.

And I'm happy to find you pleased of my critique.
(I could be lot more brutal with it if I'd want to, but wont be, exept if you really ask me to be, heh.)

Agree on the sketchbook/scraps thing. There are better sites for that stuff.

Bella

Hello Nuker! It's nice to see another artist at the site. Your work looks pretty good for a beginner...she certainly is very cute, and the proportions seem about right. ^^

All I might suggest spacing her eyes out a bit more, but there's no big anatomical problems I can see. If you're looking for some tutorials, you might want to check out DeviantArt.com and search for "manga/anime drawing tutorials" and "figure/hand/feet tutorials" or whatever else you might be interested in learning.

As for Nejin-san's lack of patience, that's one of those things that has to be worked on. I know you can draw-- you just have to practice. Remember, nobody starts out a good artist.

Aurora Borealis

Those are really good! A very fast learner and a very fast drawer, I am very impressed (and a little envious)! ;010

I don't see any noticeable problems with proportions, and I really like how you did the eyes! :)