7-tan(Noob's Design)(loli!)

Started by Alex_Reetz, October 19, 2008, 12:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuker

Okay, let's see.

Hair: check
Eye color: well... blue works too. check
Windows logo and 7 logo: I like your windows logo but as for the windows logo I thought I'd give her a pair of 7-shaped hearrings. It'd make for a nice change from hairclips and the like.
Dress: I did think of 7-tan wearing some kind of swimwear-like thing too but I decided against it because, considering I was already giving her a (long) coat, she would have looked too much like 2000-tan. I like the boots though.
Breasts: We'll just have to wait to see how much memory Vienna requires, but so far people who have tried it say it can run on a EEEPC with 1Gb of system memory using only half of it, so I think they'd have to be smaller.
Age: That's pretty much up to how you envision her. I drew her younger because she's going to have a short development time, but you can draw her older to represent the system's "maturity". I opted for a "teen genius" kind of look to differentiate her from 2000-tan, which is of the "dependable woman" kind, but if you can make her look unique in another way by all means do it.

All in all, not a bad concept at all. You've offered me some inspiration to "evolve" my design. If you want to borrow some ideas from me, go ahead. It'd be nice if we got the designs to merge. ^^

If you want some "source material", the anime characters which inspired my 7-tan design (both profile and drawing) are:

Hitsugaya Toshirou (Bleach)
Skuld (Ah! My Goddess)
Kaname Chidori and Teletha/Teresa Testarossa (Full Metal Panic)

I also drew some vague inspiration from "Matrix"

VonDaab

Okay, a quick remake.
Bit less of the transparency stuff, only the sleeves now.

Also, I really dont know, but I cant draw small people.
Have to try this again sometimes.

NejinOniwa

Well, except those (freaky!) eyes, I think number 2 is quite a bit better; #1 does look a bit too much like both earlier Win-tans AND just another Vis-tan to make me comfy - this one is more unique in its taste and feel.

More later, now I've got a dog going on and about to take care of, so yaaan~
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

I dont like my #2 design, so heres another one.

Geez, "Im in ur thread, spamming remakes!"

Edit: Just as a notice:
Her jacket is a very short one, just to make it different from Win 2k's long jacket. 'Short' as in ending already at the chest height.

Aurora Borealis

Great work, everyone!

@Nuker: Your design of Windows 7-tan resembles 2k-tan and Vistan but with some clever twists to it such as the pockets, multicolored buttons and transparency on the shoulders and ends of her coat- all of which are symbolic and very stylish!

@VonDaab: Your designs of Windows 7-tan are very cute! The first one is very cute and professional looking (although a bit too much like 2K-tan as it was mentioned), the second one is very sassy and edgy- I like! ;010 But the third one is absolutely adorable, and my favorite! ^_^ And I like the bunny ears too, bunny girls are cool!
---

Largely based off both artists' designs, here is my take on Windows 7-tan!

VonDaab

Hmm, that's a really good combination, Aurora.
I dont know why I drew those gray shoulder "thingies", when the jacket would've been fine how you drew it without the "thingies".

Also, it looks so crisp and clean when vectorized.

Good work.

Nuker

Quote from: "VonDaab"Hmm, that's a really good combination, Aurora.
I dont know why I drew those gray shoulder "thingies", when the jacket would've been fine how you drew it without the "thingies".

Nah, I like those shoulder "thingies". I think they're cool. ^^

Now I'm gonna work on a combination of my design with your third design and aurora's design (both of which are beyond awesome). Not sure if I'll follow the bunnygirl trend, though. Instead, some of the hair should be styled to resemble horns, because this is an evolution of the longhorn project (See chivistan's hair for reference)

Nuker

Ehm, okay, another double post. Does this forum display edited post as if someone posted a message in the thread? If so I won't double post again.

So... I was drawing doodles like there was no tomorrow, getting some inspiration from your design when I realized that to distance your 7-tan design from 2000-tan's, you either gave her a shorter coat, or a jacket. And I got an idea: what if I gave her a longer coat instead? Long like a matrix-style trenchcoat, or even a bit longer?
And while I was re-drawing her, a thought struck me:

Windows Seven may be a very good OS that's being developed quickly to replace Vista as soon as possible, but that isn't all. Windows 7 is being developed to reconquer the market share that Vista has lost to Linux and MacOS, and it's being designed to be extremely competitive in every situation, ranging from netbooks (runs with less than 1Gb of RAM) to business (Disk and USB encription, better protection sistem, better authorisation management) to research stations with lots of processors (7's new parallel processing system can support up to 256 cores), so
that means Sev-tan is not just a teen genius, but also a killing machine.

Which wears glasses.
And (in my new concept) a Voip headset.
Which is always up to date with everything.
And can adapt to every situation.
A killing machine that, thanks to Live Services and Network libraries, can be everywhere at once.
And wears matrix style clothing.

Oh crap, she's either an Agent or the Chosen One!

You may think she's just a sweet and intelligent girl, and usually she's like that, but piss her off and you'll discover her secret identity: Agent Vienna, a cold and ruthless killing machine that has been trained in the fine arts of combat since her early childhood. Her weapon of choice doesn't really matter when she knows 30 ways to kill you with her bare hands. XD

This doesn't cancel her previous profile, it just gives her an additional "berserker mode".

And now, here are my doodles which totally don't do justice to the concept (I think a real, serious drawing of her has the potential of being seriously badass).
I also made a white hair version: tell me which one looks best.

We finally meet, Mr. Anders-er...Toshiaki.

NejinOniwa

White hair gives more for the serious look, i give. And this...WOO, WOO. I LIEK. BUT! If she is to be really badass, she needs something, and it's something vital...HIGH COLLARS. Preferably multiple ones. And for badassiness those semi-transparent shoulders of hers has to go, PÃ... DIRR.

I'm interested now. I'll see if I can scratch something together as well.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nuker

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"White hair gives more for the serious look, i give. And this...WOO, WOO. I LIEK. BUT! If she is to be really badass, she needs something, and it's something vital...HIGH COLLARS. Preferably multiple ones. And for badassiness those semi-transparent shoulders of hers has to go, PÃ... DIRR.

I'm interested now. I'll see if I can scratch something together as well.

How about this: her glasses and the trasparent parts of her coat are made in a secret material made in Redmond which is normally transparent for increased cuteness but turns black/dark blue when she goes berserk for increased badass. And since Windows 7 features an improved "theme" personalisation capability, this is not only cool, but also symbolic.  ;010

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"

Ommioddio! OMG!  o_o

She looks like your avatar...

Van Daab sure it seems you are very fond and sort of fetish for girls with rabbit ears dressed as maids of night clubs...

;001  ;027  ;088

I complete support rabbit eared girls and dressed as night club maids! Too much sexy and funny...  ;010
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Bella

Nice job everyone! I really like Nuker's design of Windows 7-tan, and I like Aurora and VonDaab's takes on her. We might, might, just have a chance at making this design semi-canon-ish at this rate (sorta like Leopard-tan). I love her bunny ears and all the included transparency, it fits the design well.

Though I can't really comment on her personality, cause, well, I haven't researched Windows 7, don't care to, and don't plan to. Lawl.

VonDaab

So you want a Killing Machine Win7?

Well... Not really Win7, but your "cute killingmachine" description reminded me of this old sketch.

And yeah... I lieks sum bunnies.
(yes, I know her arms are too small, and tights too big)

I'm now gonna sit back and watch where this thread goes.
(If I dont suddenly get a very good idea how to improve the Win7 design of course...)

C-Chan

Now that I stare at those pouts real carefully,  they do kind of remind me of something....

Yes, it all makes lucid sense all of a sudden. -v-

@Nuker:  You're not paying attention, are you?  ^___^

*sigh*

Oh well,... what you need is both in my last few posts and in that PM.  You should be smart enough to feel everything else on your own.

Good luck.  Â¯v¯

@Aurora:  Cute as a button, but we still need to work on the hand size.  Remember the "half your forearm" rule.  ^^;

Nuker

C-Chan: I'm indeed paying attention, but those doodles of mine here were supposed to be little more than pre-concept sketches. As for my thread, I'm planning to draw a -real- drawing of 7-tan and post it there. ^^