The "What can YOU write in NOTEPAD?" / Short Stories Thread

Started by NejinOniwa, October 16, 2008, 04:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

So...there are bound to be some of them around, eh? Short snippets of things you've just written.

Not a contest, just post 'em. (unless you WANT to compete, that is ^^)

So, I'll have a little puff out with a little something I wrote just a...five minutes ago. It's called The Late Clock. It's just a snippet, but there might come more later.
So without further ado.

Tick.
-Professor. What is this device?
Tack.
-Ask the inventor! I don't keep track of all the damn things in this place. I'm trying to write our records here.
Tick, tack.
-I insist, professor! Surely you know what this is? I saw you handling it last week at the assembly.
Tick, ta- TICK!?
-I was what? Is that...oh, that.
TICK.
-Wait...THAT!? Hands off the Late Clock, brat!
TACK, TAAAAAACK~!

As the TACK from the second hand seemed to stretch out, the device hung in the air for a moment. Then it started sailing down through the air, as if walking at a leisurely pace, until it finally landed with a smooth thud on the floor.

TACK, TICK TACK!
-Satan and all his devils take you, Aston! GET OUT! NOW!
TI- Tick? Tick, tick tick tick. TACK.

The door was slammed shut as the freckled boy panickedly scurried out of the professor's chamber.

-Damn you, Aston! And I had finally caught the damn thing, too. Who knows when I'll next see that boy again, he was probably scared off for life.

The professor studied the floor, and came to the conclusion that what he sought for was absent from its expected position. He shot a resigned look at the Clock's hanger, but it was as empty as its leave had left it. The professor sighed in resignation, and sunk down on his chair again.

-I'm really wondering when now, ain't I.

~END of Late Clock 1~

So, yeah. Have fun. ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

Nobody pays any attention these days. Oh well. I'll just post part two, for kicks.

-Pah, ah...the professor is scary.
Tic.
-But still, what in god's name was that? Or was I hallucinating?
Tac.
-Nah, can't be. That'd struck me earlier if that was the case. And man, I had such a chance to seep through all that stuff, too...gah. Curiosity kills any cat it gets its hands on, I guess.
Toe.
-Wait, what was that?
Excuse us. We believe it was caused by thine feet.
-My feet? Ah, that figures. They do usually go around more like clap, clop, clap, clop, crunch, clap, but I do guess even they have their days of Tic-Tac-Toe.
Tick.
-Satan take me, I AM delusional. Not a soul in sight, not on a Sunday in the university since it's closed, and I'm talking to someone claiming my feet are making weird sounds.
That would be some-many. Referring to ourselves in plural generally means we art not one, but many. Tick.
-Right. Sorry about that.
Tack.
-Wait. Tick, tack?
Tick?
-Ah, I see, I've gone so far I'm imagining clocks are talking to me. That makes sense.
Tack.
-Clocks, huh. So, clock, why would I be delusional today?
T...
-Don't be shy, clock, tell me all about it! And don't just stop like that, you'll lose your time.
Tick.
-By the way, I can't see any clocks around here, and I don't have a pocket watch or anything...where are you?
We believe we art positioned someplace a few inches below thine knee.
-My knee? Why, that's an unusual place to have a clock. Why are you there, clock?
We believe we came to position ourselves there by chance as we were floating out of the professor's chamber.
-I see. Well, I can't look under my knees, so I'll just have to take you up to my height to see what the time is, correct?
T...ick.
-Sigh.

The freckles painted on his face had sweated away, but it didn't matter much now. He crouched, and slowly let his hands wander over his legs - first the left, then the right. Then the left again. He turned his head. Then he looked down.

-Found you.
Tick.

He reached for it. Then, just as his hand was a few centimeters above it, it was suddenly sprawled on his wrist. Its golden chains were rigid as legs, bent as tentacles, sharp as claws - it moved around invisibly, one second here, the next there. Finally its chains settled around his neck, with a soft, cold grasp.

Tick.
-That isn't very comfortable, you know.

Slowly, as if not to threaten it, he moved his hand towards it. A clawlike touch confirmed contact, and he moved his hand level to his eyes.

Tack?
-I thought so. What are you, exactly? Do you have a name?
We believe you already know what we are. We are the Late Clock.
-That is not a name, and a Late Clock doesn't hold any specific meaning, that I know of.
T...T...T.
-Speak up. Can't hear you.
We are the Late Clock. We are Biocin, the Second Hand. We are Phucin, the Minute Hand. And we are Chiqancin, the Hour Hand. We are the Late Clock. We are Ta...keepers and lenders of Time. We believe you should know this, but if you insist you do not, then we must respond as so. Tick.
-Keepers and lenders, huh. You mean, like a bank?
T...
...Tick.

-What are your rates?

~END of Late Clock 2~

If you see any stolen names, you win the prize.

Gussy Keniji

A lil' somethin' involving Rikako Asakura (from Touhou) and an Anonymous OC

I have more of these but they only increase in length as they go...
-------------------------
Rikako Asakura Route

Story: You're a 2-bit Scientist in the (somewhat) scientifically challenged realm known as Gensokyo. However this being a realm where 'Science' is tossed aside like Crystal Pepsi and replaced by the dominant feild of 'Magic', your hobbies are not readily appreciated in the quiet human village you call 'home'. In short; your that one outcast that everyone avoids and/or talks about harshly while your back is turned. But yet you still continue to dabble in the feild that is known as 'Science' rather than take the cowards way and commiting suicide like you should have done ages ago. Possibly it is because you're constantly thinking that one day you might actually meet someone who actually likes your fixation for the sciences or accept you for who you truely are (hopefully the latter, nobody likes a complete waste of space >_>).

One unusually warm afternoon in autumn, you come to spy a young purple haired woman strolling along in the village, and judging by her long lab coat and dignified glasses, she too maybe interested in Science. You've never seen her before in your life, (There's a shocker, considering you never really leave your house) yet you instantly feel as if you belong together sharing theories, making discoveries, raising a family that will expand on Science. Wait, why are you thinking of these things? and about a complete stranger no less...it seems you've been smitten on sight, Lil' Slugger!

But being you've never really interacted with those of the opposite sex before (oh the joys of solitude) you cannot think of anything to say to her as she casually passes you by, so you decide the best solution to this dilemma is to stalk her. You follow her throughout her errand run of the village sneaking a few glances at the bespectacled beauty and swiftly turning away before she can suspect you staring at her. As the afternoon turns to early evening your still hot on her tail (foreshadowing?) before she makes an unexpected move in an alley and turns to confront you. With a glare of disgust, She demands to know why you were stalking her this whole afternoon.

Shocked (and amazed) at her ability to notice, you stammer a good 7 seconds before finally coming up with a decent lie about coincidence, cuz your a pussy and can't face women right. She sighs and mutters something about perverts before continuing on her way back home. Thinking you may never meet someone like her again, you call out to her and say that your a scientist (lie, 2-BIT scientist). It seems you've gotten her attention, for this she faces you with a different mood. One that's more accepting rather than demeaning, like before. The 2 of you get the talking and are absorbed in coversation, as you unwittingly following her home. Upon reaching her residence, you realize you also have a house and you'd best be on your way back to it. but before you go you ask her name, the megankko reponds with 'Rikako Asakura', you then ask if you could come over tomorrow y'know just to work on something science-y together. She accepts your propostion and you run back home overjoyed at her answer.

The past months are spent with you repeatedly visiting Rikako, as the both of you embark to make many scientific discoveries together. During which you learn alot from Rikako, and slowly you blossom into a more capable scientist than you once were. Rikako also begins to slowly warm to your presence, eventually she begins to return the very feelings you had for her that fateful day.

And on a cold night, with nothing better to do, the 2 of you are engaged with a 'different' kind of study as you become inter-twined in passionate lovemaking. Later on, good news comes to you yet again when Rikako discovers you've successfully impregnated her. After hearing this your world explodes in a torrent of joy and bliss (strangely, no one dies from said explosion, further investigation was supended).

The two of you have become insepreable after the news of your coming child. As you readily prepare for your son/daughter's arrival, you spend less time in your home and more time with Rikako, until eventually you finally make the decision to move in with Rikako, and live by your beloved's side 24/7. Both of your minds are dead set on the child you created together; you thinking of a future scientist, and your mate thinking of how the child she's carrying would embody the man she loved so much.

The END:

Your overdose of joy and happiness blinds you from the one thing that can absolutely ruin a life of happiness and emotional tranquility, As a result your demise comes from an unlikely soucre...

During a night in late winter, your working on a that one concoction you could never seem to get right you think of it as a simple thing to do so is to pass the time, being Rikako is busy with something of her own and therefore is too busy for you to sexually feel her up as you normally do.

But still no matter what you do to this mixture you working on doesn't seem to do anything except make poping sounds when you add certain other substances to it's make up and sometimes dispell some funky smoke of somekind. Baffeled and more than a little frustrated by this, you call Rikako in to see if she has any input on what to do with this unknown mixture, unfortunetly she too is short of ideas but suggests that maybe the 2 of you should work on it together.

You agree, and as you add another extra chemical to the concoction, it suddenly erupts in a violent explosion, it's fire spreading to the other substances you had laying around and causing a chain reation devastating. The sheer speed of the events is too fast for you or Rikako to react and the both of you are engulfed by the intense blaze in an instant. As you suffer a death by fire, the last thing you ever hear is Rikako's screams of agony soaring into the ominous night sky, as she's burned alive in the chemical inferno.

Time passes and your deaths go unnoticed for awhile, before eventually in early spring a passing human notices Rikako's home in shambles and asks the villagers of your hometown if they knew about this. Everyone's dumbfounded as to how (or why) Rikako's home was so badly torn up, but decide to investigate the ruins of the Asakura residence to unearth some possible answers.

It's during this investigation that everyone discovers your corpses within the rubble. severe burns on both your bodies point to a fire of some sort, but being the both of you aren't really 'famous' or anything, the cause of your deaths are viewed as unimportant and it is never known as to how you truly died. Many simply rule it out as one of those occasional 'PMSing Yuka' attacks or 'a Danmaku battle gone wrong'.

The irony of it all is, you and Rikako did make a discovery together, which is that you never should have been trusted with chemicals in the 1st place, but being the both of you are already dead it would seem that this benefits no one.

BAD END

...and it's all your fault :P

Added after 34 minutes:

The pale face of a vampire gazed out from the balcony of his castle, his long cape bellowing in the nocturnal wind as he held his wine glass to the sky, almost proposing a toast to the moon. "Ahh...such a wonderous night, the full moon illuminating the dark sky, and the children of the night...their songs echoing out in a haunting melody, such alluring music they make..." This vampire was known as Horror-kun, and for good reason. Horror was a virus-kun whom no one knows much about and yet they knew how frightening he can really be, no one isolated him here like the others...he chose to live here...and has done so for as long as many could remember, his ominous manor overlooking the Windows House like a crouched beast awaiting it's unsuspecting prey to fall asleep.

"So...this is where you've been hiding, Horror-kun" came a dignified feminine voice from behind the vampire, who let loose a feral snarl upon hearing it. "...You of all people should know how I feel about 'guests' intruding on my land...Viru-tan." the reclusive vampire growled under his breathe. "Calm down, I know how you are with your castle, so I won't be long" Viru-tan chuckled as she joined Horror's side on the balcony. Despite, Horror's frightening demeanor, Viru-tan wasn't the least bit phased by it at all, proof that she is indeed the strongest Virus-tan there is. "I'm just here to talk for a while...is that okay with you?"

Horror paused before letting out a sigh of exaspiration "Very well...speak what is on your mind..."

Viru-tan nodded and proceeded with her conversation "...Do you remember, long ago, when we were just starting this community?" Viru-tan asked as she moved her bangs out from her eyes, Horror replied with a silent nod as he took a sip from his crimson wine again. "I have to admit, it was rather difficult...turning a prison into a peaceful community wasn't an easy task even for someone such as myself, and it was also the fact that the Windows Family was actually besting us during that time..." Horror took a glance to the viral queen wondering where she was getting at, it didn't take long for him to get his answer.

"Horror. In my many years as a ruler amoung all malware, I've seen this community flourish and grow from the prison it used to be and become a paradise to us Viruses...as this community grew I've seen some very humorous plights our fellow Viruses have gotten themselves into, it's a very lively experience" Viru-tan hesitated for a few seconds before continuing on but this time in a more forlorn tone "Now, however, I've discovered there are malware even stronger than me. I don't know what their intentions are but they simply roam about and do as they please, although I am certain they can distinguish us as fellow malware even with having such immense reserves of power...but, apart of me realizes that these new malware may not recognize us as friends at all..."

"Ah, say no more. You are worried that, if these 'Super Malware' do infact attempt to assimilate us, you fear that your power will not be enough to stop them" Viru doesn't respond but Horror knows this is what's on the virus queen's mind. "I may not enjoy the concept of living with others in a tightly knit community, but I do know that you yourself are not alone in this endeavor, yes I am aware that you are powerful and you feel you are the only one who can repel this potential threat if they so happen to attack, but remember you have everyone else in this 'community' of yours that will aid you...even myself"

"You...would violate your terms of hermitude to help?" Viru-tan replied in a shocked tone, more than a little astonished that someone as reclusive as the vampire standing next to her would do something as contradictive as participate in a group effort.

"I can not condone with needless destruction, and even so my castle is my love, if that is destroyed then I have nothing else to confide within"

Well, he had his ways of offering his help, and being the one to know most of her virus underlings she would more than willingly accept it. "Thank you, Horror. You know, for someone who has always been in solitude, you certainly are a sociable virus" She gives the vampire a smile as he takes another swig of his wine, his red eyes glancing over to her now cheer filled face. "Maybe you should come and try to live in the Viru-tan Area, I promise you won't be dissapointed"

Horror simply sneered "I am a virus of solitude, I shall remain as such until the dimesnion of time ceases to exist"

"Hmhmhm, you'll never change, but my offer still stands if you ever have a change of heart" Viru-tan giggled as she walked toward the exit "Anyways, I must be off, (c)Brain-san gets quite unhappy when someone is late to her meetings..." And with that she turned to take her leave from the castle, Horror still gazing onto the night shaded landscape a small toothy grin creeping across his pale face. "It's been quite some time since she has came to me with such worry in her eyes...perhaps the advent of these 'Super Malware' will be the one thing to turn my views around..."

-------------------------

Meanwhile, after a rather uneventful ventrue back to the outside of Castle de Horror, Viru-tan reached the gate where she was greeted by her ever faithful bodygaurd, Cerberus-tan. "Mistress, how was your...talk with Horror-san?" the inumimi asked as she bowed to Viru-tan respectfully "The usual of course, Horror is quite the sociable virus despite having been living in solitude for so long...I just can't understand why he's so fixated on being alone..." Viru-tan replied as she looked back at the castle before sighing "But, I digress, it's his choice after all...If I am to call myself a queen, I must not only make choices for the people, I must also accept the choices the people make themselves"

Ceberus nodded in agreement, before taking a glance up at the dark mansion and shuddering a bit at it's ominous vibe "...I'm still impressed you went in there all alone. Even my big bro is afraid of going near this place..."

"Well, Horror and I have known each other for quite some time, I suppose you could say he makes 'exceptions' when I come to his castle..." Viru-tan replied with a smile "Now come along Cerber-chan, we still have alot of work to get done~"

"Yes, m'lady"

------------

END notes
-A short story to see if I could actually write the personality of the viruses thus far. I think I have something the others floating around in my TXT.document folder somewhere...

"Wut..."

Blast

It was a darkened moon, on the sixth of June, in a Kenworth hauling logs, and Jeb was fucking sweltering. The coolant for the air conditioner leaked at a gravity well, so he hadn't been able to run it for a whileâ€"not until he could pull over for a repair stop, and he hadn't had the time for what was essentially a frill, late as he already was and in the final stretch of asphalt to cover. To compensate, he'd rolled down the windows to let in some of the night air, but it had wound up being only marginally less hot than the daytime.
+The truck two spaces ahead of him had the front door, but his callsign was Rockoon, not Rubber Duck, and Jeb could hear Lindemann's resonant, bass voice growling out "unterm nabel..." from the black man's speakers pretty clearly over the collective road and engine noise.
+"Bear in the OH FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIIIIâ€"!" came Rockoon's metallic-overlaid watermelon-and-fried-chicken Southron voice over the cee-bee. Rockoon's end-dump trailer whipped to the left as the tractor went to a hard right, its tires screaming in protest and leaving their smoking and half-melted remains on the blacktop. The state police helicopterâ€"the bear in the airâ€"had been in the dead zone while it tracked the convoy: it had been too low to autogyro down and too high to just slide to a stop once it crashed, but all that was moot anyway, because the thing was in a tailspin and the cabin was on fire after it had exploded in midair, with another explosion after it crashed into the load of scrap metal hot on the other's coattails. Nothing crawled out of that tangled mass of aluminium and the cooling shards of molten glass.
+The convoy slammed on their brakes, one after another on down the line, some managing to avoid both the trucks in front and behind, and ending up splayed out over the interstate, but a number of them had been rammed or had their front ends crumpled after a meet-and-greet with the guy in front's trailer.
+The sonic booms clattered through the atmosphere seconds later, dropping a few of the wrecked truckers, mostly out of shock. Four points of white-hot light distanced themselves two by two, perceptively increasing in speed.

Rockoon was dead, someone holleredâ€"he had been skewered a few dozen times by his cargo, propelled along through his cab by the force of the explosion and the impact itself. His only consolation was that it had probably been quick, if not relatively painless. Nobody even tried to get into the slowly-burning abattoir that had been a flying machine. The rest of the drivers were more fortunateâ€"if they were unlucky, they'd whanged their heads on the wheel and were unconscious, or had a case of whiplash.

--

That's about when my impetus died. Yes I was bored, and with any luck and/or patience on my part it will turn out to be a Convoy-meets-Team Yankee style short novel from the civilians' prospective.

EDIT: Oh fuck you wordfilter. Fuck yooooou.

NejinOniwa

PROTIP! Use alt+0137, also known as the FUC­K­ filter. It works good!

Added after 8 minutes:

Oh, and until I read it properly I thought it was about someone crashing in an airplane. Good read! What's an impetus, though?

coldReactive

Chocofreak13

my brain barfed in a pathetic attempt to be included in this disscussion:
"what do you think?"
by k.

i just sat there, staring.
"what?"

that was all he said.

3 years, 3 fucking years of my life for this bastard. all this time and devotion, and look at this.

"i think it would be better if we just didn't see each other anymore."
"......." i couldn't think of what to say.
"you ok?" was all he could say.

"......no."
"um.......i'm sorry?"

".......for what? that's how you feel, and that's that."
he stared for a moment. "well, i'm sorry if this hurts but--"
i cut him off: "oh, you're SORRY that this HURTS? this is only a formality, and we both know it. we both fucking knew it the minute she got in your bed."
"look, i don't wanna make this any harder than it--"
cut him off again: "oh, it's already hard, DEAR, hard like you were the minute you saw her. do you know that i risked my ass for you? 3 fucking years, and for what!? you screwing around with anything with a pulse!?" i stood.

"just fuck off!" i stormed out, leaving him stunned and alone in the food court.
"wait--" he managed to call out. i turned.
"i don't even want to know how many others. just step out of my life quietly."

a few weeks passed. i didn't shed a single tear; i knew this was coming. i picked my self up and got out there again.

a tuesday in that same food court. he texted me asking to meet.
"what?" i asked in a tone.
".....i really screwed up."
"well, yeah, capitan obvious."
"......i was wondering if you'd take me back?"

i stared in shock, with just a slight bit of amusement.

"what do you think?"
click to make it bigger