Main Menu

old-tan?

Started by Chocofreak13, September 26, 2008, 04:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

Well, I see that there are other microcomputers such as Spectrum-tan, C64-tan, CoCo-tan, etc.

BUT

There is no Dragon-tan.  The Dragon 32/64 was a Tandy CoCo clone made in Wales, UK from 1983-1986.  I have just come into posession of one and feel she should be added to the ranks of the OS-tans.  I think I'll have a conflab with the Dragon User Group to see what they feel she should look like and what her personality would be.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

the -tan i was working on was acorn-tan, an english computer used in the 80's-90's i believe

she also had a squirrel named arthur, one of Acorn's models.
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Is that generic Acorn-tan?  Like Amiga-tan?  Also, Arthur wasn't a computer; it was Acorn's self-made OS that they used up until 1988.

Acorn had several models, ranging from the BBC-backed Micro to the Archimedes.  They were the last British computer company to fold, I believe.  Circa 1996/7.

NejinOniwa

Oh you patriot you. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Rule Britannia, and all that!

NejinOniwa

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA why don't you have a Zero avi, for all that? .w.

Red-Machine

Apologies for being dumb, but what is Zero?  A google search for "zero anime britain" turned up some stuff that I don't think is related.

NejinOniwa

I meant Lelouch. Sorry.

Red-Machine

Oh, Code Geass.  I watched a bit of that then gave up on it.  I didn't think it portrayed us in a very good light.

Chocofreak13

ye, i meant generic acorn. i had forgotten just what arthur was, sorry. ^^;

but yes, she currently has no -tan. she is NEKKID. since you are so britian-proud, maybe you could help the yank with the design? :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Absolutement!  Acorn-tan should be a very proud girl, and keen on education and television as Acorn's most succesful computer was marketed by the BBC (our biggest television company) and used primarily in schools.  The RISC PC that they developed later (later called the Archimedes) was also used in schools, and was extremely powerful, using the most successful processor ever designed (the ARM).

Also, she should have a pet owl.  An owl was used as the BBC Micro's logo and the Archimedes was named after Merlin's pet owl!

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I kind of want to continue with my SAGE project anyway.... I mean I can't draw, so its mostly just characterization and description anyway