Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 05:24:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

it's not wasting it if the job gets done. :\

Penti-chan

I may look into that anyway, regardless of anything

Chocofreak13

makes sense, if nothing's getting done by your dad....

Bella

@Kari:
@Pentium:

I love you guys, but could you maybe space out your replies a little more? It's getting kind of excessive. >____>;;;;;;;

zjhentohlauedy

Wasting money happens when you die and leave it all for your relatives to fight over it |D

Quote from: Bella on May 11, 2011, 11:02:40 pm
@Kari:
@Pentium:

I love you guys, but could you maybe space out your replies a little more? It's getting kind of excessive. >____>;;;;;;;

Meaning get a room you two! XD
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

:\

you realize this was only because no one else was here. when i see a new reply to a thread i'm a part of, i reply to it.

Bella

Quote from: zjhentohlauedy on May 11, 2011, 11:17:01 pm

Meaning get a room you two! XD

Ahahahaha, that's what he said!

No, really, this is EXACTLY WHAT STEW SAID WORD FOR WORD. /Synchronicity

Chocofreak13

May 11, 2011, 11:39:00 pm #10927 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:44:45 pm by Chocofreak13
yeesh, if it's that much of a problem i'll go. >:\

EDIT: all caught up on posts, so i think i'll take a couple-day hiatus. >:\

Penti-chan

Well, if anybody is willing to fund the creation of a room for us...although, it'd require a pinball table

Pitkin

Eh... it was never really forbidden for two people to have an IRC-esque conversation in the Topicless thread. Even though cars are a topic I run away from screaming "vade retro" and waving a cross, what Chocofreak and PentiumMMX did wasn't even substanceless one-liners like "'sup" or "lol" like the ones this thread saw six years ago, so I don't see the problem totally. ^.^;

[irc-advertisement]Naturally, there's a great way to have intense discussions with people in an AUTHENTIC IRC WAY! The fabulous chat is just one click away from the main page~[/irc-advertisement]

If there's an issue here for someone, we could discuss it all together. :)

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 11, 2011, 11:55:18 pm
Well, if anybody is willing to fund the creation of a room for us...although, it'd require a pinball table

Hey, we're in a bank crisis! ;_; You can play my old Game and Watch instead.

NejinOniwa

That is roughly what I mean. I'm not saying it is or should be forbidden, just that things have their places - random ideas and short topics that everyone can share views and thoughts of goes in Topicless, and more conversational one-on-one chatting goes in, well, the chat. So it'd be more proper if people used the IRC for it.

Not exactly reprimanding anyone, but please consider not only the Forum Rules, but also some common forum sense when posting. It is better for everyone if all posts go where they belong best, after all, since that leads to less conflict/flaming and more happy-happy for us all.

By the hells, I am starting to sound like some sort of Lawful alignment >__>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

oh wait wrong topic D:

double wait the other topic is locked D:
My my, aren't you lovely~

Red-Machine

I wants that car, Kari.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Quote from: Pitkin on May 12, 2011, 02:51:27 am
Eh... it was never really forbidden for two people to have an IRC-esque conversation in the Topicless thread. Even though cars are a topic I run away from screaming "vade retro" and waving a cross, what Chocofreak and PentiumMMX did wasn't even substanceless one-liners like "'sup" or "lol" like the ones this thread saw six years ago, so I don't see the problem totally. ^.^;

(Emphasis added since you made an important point, I think).

We're not forbidden from having an IRC-like chat in Topicless, because, well, there is no topic in this thread. But when the IRC-like chats enter Member Picture, Random Picture, Favourite Computer, Favourite Song and What Are You Wearing, and other threads with designated topics, it gets pretty grating and the threads become nigh-impossible to follow. (Especially for people who check the forum less often, say twice or a few times a day.) And even if you're on more often, it can be quite confusing to see a thread about musical preferences devolve into talk of lolcats, and have pages and pages devoted to a rapid back-and-forth dialogue between two people.

I'm not saying that every instance of OT-ness should be frowned upon - getting a little off the beaten track is okay, I think, if it still has to do with the larger topic at hand (for instance, mentioning your favourite musicians or lyrics in the Favourite Songs thread) but when other, completely unrelated, topics spring up it bothers me quite a lot. :\

Quote from: Pitkin on May 12, 2011, 02:51:27 am[irc-advertisement]Naturally, there's a great way to have intense discussions with people in an AUTHENTIC IRC WAY! The fabulous chat is just one click away from the main page~[/irc-advertisement]

True this - I can't speak for myself since I've never used the site's IRC feature (mostly 'cause chatrooms are difficult to follow if there's more than a couple of people trying to have a discussion >>) there's always instant messaging and what not. Most of my random (and not so random) conversations with OSC people take place in IMs, so I never feel the need to dump too much info in Topicless or anywhere else here, really. -w-;

Pitkin

I've got to admit, B, that I hadn't any other threads you mentioned when I wrote that this morning as I posted before hurrying out. I would've maybe chosen my words a bit differently if I had. :/ You make a very valid point. Well, even at its worst it's just a conversation that got broader than it might've needed in optimal case, so as long as we could all agree that no big harm was done and no offense taken, I'd hope we could all stay happy-happy as Nejin the Demon-Overlord-Turned-Lawful suggested. ;)

Personally I'm quite sad to see how little the IRC channel is used, as it's my own preferred medium to talk to people. I'm too shy to start conversations in IM clients. ^^;