Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

*hug* you withdrew from some courses?
click to make it bigger

Odin Yggdrasil

Oh my god yes!

On the oldest of my computers, which has been since 2009 without a wipe and reinstall, I just found where I had accidentally made a backup of files containing an even older backup.

And in those files, I found this. http://seraphimlabs.net/flash/metan.php

It lives! I thought I had lost this!

Cockleshell

no, i'm withdrawn to my room from the pressure of the courses
no way in hell i would drop courses when i'm paying 40k/year from fucking nothing
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

@cockle: fair enough, and i hope things are okay. they'll even out eventually, i promise. ;^;

(and remember to pace yourself, if [insert number here] of classes per semester is too much, it's too much, and you'll need to tell your parents it's better to scale it back and take a bit longer than to risk failing

use me as an example if you want, i took 5 classes one semester and failed one (barely passed another, but that was a second-semester junior level course i took as a freshman.)

@odin: OH MY GOOOOOOD : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

it sorta sucked in my case since it was a FOUNDATION class; meaning, it was basic stuff everyone took. i think i made up the credit by taking a different history course, which i ended up getting an A in (senior level class, too, so i was super-proud of myself after), but it was still a bit of a scarlet letter on my back. >>;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 18, 2014, 02:42:35 PM
@leaf: aw. did you get it back? and why'd you get detention? ;^;
I didn't get it back. The teachers said they didn't want to waste time looking for it.
And I got a detention for not coming back after class on Tuesday. I had to do something, it was highly inconvenient.

Nichi

@Aurora: Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate~

SleepyD

I had little such luxury with my classes. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to take a CS minor along with my engineering degree. save for one semester, I always had 5-6 classes, and all the classes I took except one were required to complete the degree and minor programs.

One semester was 6 engineering classes, I was dying.

And yeah, since I went to a private school, I definitely did not want to take another semester there--at ~20k per semester, that would have been brutal. What I did though was re-take a class I completely bombed over the summer at a community college and transferred that over. Too bad I couldn't do that with some of the higher level courses

Chocofreak13

@aurora: awesome. -w-
@sleepy: good solution, but sadly it varies from school to school. one of the reasons i had to go on hiatus with mine is because, while they would accept transfer credits, the transfers wouldn't affect the GPA. >>;

@leaf: what the holy fucking fuck!? that's a fucking IPHONE, it's EXPENSIVE!!! get one of your parents and go down to the goddamn school, and DEMAND they help you find it!! talk to the headmaster or something!! what the fuck is WRONG with that school. ><
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on September 19, 2014, 10:58:27 AM
Ahoy, mateys! I changed my icon and title in celebration of Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Yargh, 'tis a fine avatARRRRH, lass.

Also I managed to ace my first math test.

There were two questions I couldn't fucking figure out but I kept throwing numbers at them until I thought they worked. AND THEY WORKED.

Nichi

@Bella: Niiice >:3

BTW, if you're around tonight at about 7PM your time, I'll be on break at work :3

winduko

I first learned about talk like a pirate day from Neopets.

Cockleshell

and so the depression sets in of not going out or doing anything on weekends really even though i live in the best college town
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

I'm tired and have a headache. Story at 11, assuming I can even log on from home :\

Chocofreak13

HO FUCK I HAVE THE FIRST INTERVIEW OF MY LIFE ON MONDAY. MUCH NERVOUS. VERY SCARE. SO FREAKING. WOW.

On the plus side, after that, I'll be spending the day with Steve. ^///^
click to make it bigger