*brofist*

awww...he was cool. ;^;

also, thanks for the conflicting opinions, guys. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Hopefully Bella or someone else will pop in and serve as a tiebreaker :\

Chocofreak13

not clicking troll links thankyou

so guys, does anyone else remember the flash 8 HOUR SKYPE CHAT? i can't find it and it's irking me. ;^;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 02, 2014, 01:57:35 PM
not clicking troll links thankyou

so guys, does anyone else remember the flash 8 HOUR SKYPE CHAT? i can't find it and it's irking me. ;^;
It's not a troll link.

I've never heard of that flash until now...

stewartsage

It isn't a flash, it was a suddenly occurring chat.

Almost finished my county history book.  Now if only I can get Bells to stop asking me to take her to New Erection.

Nichi

xD

Granted, I remember Kari discovered a place in France named "Breast"; both of us agreeing we want to go there -w-;

NejinOniwa

It's "Brest", but the pronunciation is the same.

On the other hand, there's a place here in Uppsala called "Stabby"... I laugh so hard every time I see that bus.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

there's no interestingly-named places around here, unless you count Gaza up north. :\

has everyone on OSC ignored my plea for advice...?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

It's probably to take it in a less meandering thread than Topicless if you want good advice, I think. People tend to ramble more here and be less inclined to listen and make discussion. The MPT maybe?

Chocofreak13

dude, it can't go in member pics because i don't have any ACTUAL pics of it yet. one of the kimonos in that picture (the black base with red accents) isn't even sewn yet.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I like the style on the left, shows off the kimono better.

Here we have Dale Enterprise, New Erection, Island Ford, Layman's Trestle, Skunktown, Massanutten, McGaheysville, Keezletown, Lacey Spring, Singers Glen, Briery Branch, Cootes Store, Criders, Montezuma, Tenth Legion, Turleytown, Ottobine, and Penn Laird that I think have unusual or amusing names.

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 01, 2014, 11:37:50 PM
what do you think?

I like the one on the left, but honestly they both look good. :>

Quote from: stewartsage on January 02, 2014, 03:01:39 PMAlmost finished my county history book.  Now if only I can get Bells to stop asking me to take her to New Erection.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 02, 2014, 03:07:52 PM
Granted, I remember Kari discovered a place in France named "Breast"; both of us agreeing we want to go there -w-;

Quote from: NejinOniwa on January 02, 2014, 03:44:36 PM
On the other hand, there's a place here in Uppsala called "Stabby"... I laugh so hard every time I see that bus.

Quote from: stewartsage on January 02, 2014, 05:23:48 PMCootes Store

Please don't get New Erection and Stabby mixed up, or else we may have to go to Cootes Store.

It'd probably just be safer to go to Brest.

NejinOniwa

Unfortunately none of you will get the joke so I'll have to translate it...but the ultimate cake of bad naming sense goes to a marsh just a few kilometers away from my villa up north.
Its name is "Stygg-Homomyran".
If you run that through google translate it will give you "Naughy homo ant", which is exactly what we interpret it as in Swedish as well. The origin of the name is pretty mysterious as well, and all I can reason out is that the marsh is located beside a small height known as Homoberget (Homo mountain). Which is pretty much where the trail ends, IIRC.

That's what happens when non-latin speaking fishermen name places, I suppose.

LeaflameSD

@Choco: Honestly, I couldn't tell you, since I really don't know much about clothing.