Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on October 29, 2013, 04:54:09 PM
Also, I have an interview next week with UPS for a job over Christmas.  And the mall security firm called me today as well.

I swear on me mum if you become a security anything I will hire a hitman.

Not a murder hitman, just a roughing-up hitman. Those exist right? NO POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS JOBS. OR I WILL MAKE MY BUSINESS TO ENSURE IT'S A DANGEROUS JOB. (Also, all the security people i've known have been colossal tools, so there's that.)

Actually, UPS doesn't sound safe either.

NejinOniwa

@B: So what, a hitting man?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

Nichi

@Bella: LOL -w-;

So, I think the fuel gauge in my car is officially screwed up. It finally stopped fluctuating wildly, although it was frozen at 3\4 mark for a few days, then it actually started to move down like it should...and now it keeps moving up @_@
In all honesty I have no clue how much gas is in there; I could be fine until my next paycheck, or I could very well be left on the side of the road on the way to work -___-;

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on October 30, 2013, 04:18:31 AM
@B: So what, a hitting man?

Yes. That.

You guys ... I read that HP is dropping support for OpenVMS by 2020...

I'm inexplicably heartbroken. :(

Nichi

I'm sure it'll live on for years to come in the hobbyist scene :[

Chocofreak13

fear not, bells, the nerd community will ensure she lives on. ;^;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I'm sure OpenVMS has a few well placed knives for all those involved.

I can't get the Halloween song out of my head from that one horror movie, where the toy company is selling masks that take over kids?

Nichi

@Stew: You mean Halloween III: Season of the Witch? I haven't seen that movie, but I know the song because of the Cinema Snob, and to a lesser extent, Ashens -w-;

I'd like to go to grandma's office tonight, but I'm not 100% sure how much gas I have in my car with how messed up the gauge is, so I best head home after work :\

Bella

Whether or not HP will pull the rug out of under the hobby community is the million dollar question at this point. HP has been "generous" in allowing VMS to be used free of charge by noncommercial hobbyists, although there's a licensing fee involved, and I believe all OpenVMS systems must be re-licensed every year. I've heard HP is ambivalent / borderline hostile toward VMS and its userbase, so I don't know how well things will go over.

1) It has finally happened, after doing a bunch of research about hair-dying (
specifically:
dying unbleached hair) I bought a bottle of Manic Panic Vampire Red Amplified, red-boosting shampoo and conditioner and caps and gloves. I decided not to bleach because I'm aiming for a deep / subtle color and I don't trust my (nonexistent) hair bleaching skills. Though I plan on trying some funkier colors in the future (I really wanna try deep purple and blue-black sometime, but I've wanted to give red a shot for years so this comes first.)
2) Mother of god Gravity was suspenseful, I'm usually not a fan of "survival" movies but I enjoyed the minimalistic storyline and competent female lead character (even if her backstory was gimmicky). Plus, it was actually quite pretty to watch in 3D.
2) Today at FYE I found a ton of Portal 2 merch (which is weird because they didn't have any the last time I checked, and it seems unusual that they'd get a rack-full of merchandise for a 2-year-old game?) and ended up buying some long fall boots socks, because this-shouldn't-need-explanation.
3)
Happy (related) Halloween everyone. :3

Chocofreak13

if you ever want to bleach in the future or don't trust your dying skills, you can come down here for the day and i can help you. -w-

i am so tired, lol. we (me, mum, and our friend colleen) went down to boston today to look at another college. after getting lost while looking for the parking lot, we managed to get on the train and get to the appropriate stop. which was actually the wrong stop; they listed arlington on their website, but we really should have gotten off at park street (2 stops beforehand). after asking directions from a graduate (lol!), we wandered upward for several blocks, getting barely anywhere (one person with a bad hip and another with bad knees). i called the school, who were extremely vague (and actually rather belligerent with me), so i hung up and we said "fuck it". and went shopping. SO. MUCH. SHOPPING.

it took us awhile, but we got to chinatown (got detoured along the way, so i ended up buying drinks to calm the group down and perk us up), where we found Star Music, browsed for a bit, and i bought a cell phone charm (a bell shaped like a scottish hello kitty) and a buttload of digimon sticker cards (some for me, some for mel, some for colleen). after that i intended to go to Otaku Shop but we missed it, so we wandered several blocks down to the C-Mart instead. i bought colleen a pack of azuki paste filled cookies, and several items for me, including dishware, a new bottle of shichimi, a box of milk tea, and a bunch of snack food.

after this, we went into the food court of south station (it was close by) where (apologetically) i bought colleen and my mum hot dogs. they ate them on the train ride back to porter, where we went into the tokai shop and did some light shopping. i found a lovely christmas present for bells (which i will go back and buy, it was a wee bit pricey), and bought colleen her first cell phone charm (which we got a STEEP discount on since it was missing a gem, and all i had to do was ask! ^^), another cell charm for me (clearance; an octopus sushi and cup of tea), and a one piece washcloth (my inner fangirl wouldn't let me leave it ;^; ). after that, we paid the parking and i bought us 3 mochi ice cream for the ride home. ^^

it may have been tiring, frustrating, and we didn't set out what we had gone to do, but i had a pretty good day. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Book arrived today!  My mail carrier at home also isn't a lazy or dickish.  She and her replacement both bring oversize packages to the door so we don't have to drive all the way to the PO to get things.

Job interview in three days.  Gotta go do that and then go vote.  Opposite sides of the area!

Nichi

LeaflameSD

What's the deal with airplane food?

Chocofreak13

@stew: noice. our postal carries typically are bros about it, too, though i haven't met them. it's rare when we have to pick up a package at the post office.

oh yeah, voting's in a few days. totally forgot. :0
click to make it bigger