Main Menu

The Music Thread

Started by NejinOniwa, June 25, 2008, 06:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

QuoteThen again, I love listening to classical music when I'm reading or whatever.
Yesterday, I listened to classical music whilst browsing /b/ and playing Counterstrike.
...let's just say my head was kinda fuc­k­ed up after that.

I do, however, use some classical or soundtrack-type music when I'm writing. Helps a lot with the focusing.

Added after 2 minutes:

Also, currently I'm listening mostly to LAST ALLIANCE, Flogging Molly and (O_o) My Chemical Romance.

I'm a disgrace as a /b/tard.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gussy Keniji

I like Vidyja Game Music lol :V
Okay, yeah seriously I do like VGM, it's basically all I like to listen to now, after being exposed to rap for WAY to long in my life time. I get most of them from OST's located on certain sites.

But this isn't saying I don't like any other genre's, I'm a pretty open minded person so I'll settle for just about anything that is NOT rap.

"Wut..."

NejinOniwa

I think we pretty much agree on this one don't we ^^

Have you other people also got music you don't want others to hear? Because I know I get a bit washy-washy when stuff like the Potemayo OP shuffles up and everyone else is in the house >_>

Grinder

My favorite genres are brutal and technical death metal as well as pretty much all types of grindcore, though I'm biased towards goregrind.

NejinOniwa

What the hell is that anyway? I mean, goregrind. Sure, i can figure out what it means in action - although I can't say I'm savvy with all that waste of blood - but as music? I'm feeling a bit perplexed as to what I'm supposed to think.

Grinder

Goregrind is just a subgenre of Grindcore with lyrics focused on more violent and graphic imagery.

NejinOniwa

I think I'll stop trying to make metaphors here, or I'll insult someone. -w-;

Gummster

Quote from: "William C. Cobham"MUSIC!

I like music, a lot, emphasis on LOT. Especially Classical, and Jazz.

My favourites in Classical being Biber, Kodály, Dvořák, Chopin and Orff (lol).
And favourites in Jazz being William Carn, Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, The Mahavishnu Orchestra and Billy Cobham.

Although I can't really say I hate any musical genre I must say that I do not enjoy listening to 'heavy metal' or rap when it's not, like Brendan said,
Quote from: "CaptBrendan"singing about being lawless thugs, calling women bitches, etc.

Although even if it is not so I do not particularly enjoy listening to it.

Also a little pointer, do NOT listen to Kodály except it is played on a vinyl record and whatever piece playing is being conducted by János Ferencsik. If those conditions are not cleared, well then you'll never be able to enjoy him to the fullest. Well that's my professional opinion at least.

RIT_ninja

its all about Hirano Aya baby!