Main Menu

The Music Thread

Started by NejinOniwa, June 25, 2008, 06:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

So.
Aware that the How's might be a bit stumped for me, but meh, who cares.

Good morning, /osc/!
What's playing right now? What's your favorite genres? Anyone often go to concerts and so on? Where do you get your music, and how often do you listen to what, anyway?
TL;DR - All music-related stuff goes here!

Lastly, just have to say...
FUUUUCK YEEEEAH NEW LAST ALLIANCE ALBUM! RYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- *explodes into rainbows*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kami-Tux

I get my music from jamendo, in case you haven't guessed. *points to its signature* This shows what music I like. it's of many different genres but I need a good melody or very witty lyrics to like a song.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

I've actually never understood the meaning behind those "favorite musics" woo things. I guess it's because I'm used to being able to download whatever's shown right away ^-^

Kami-Tux

You can download it there. The music is CCed!

Did you really think this penguin listens to unfree music and admits it? ;)

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Well, that's true too, but...uneasy pirate is uneasy about those things, really. Feels strange to take things KNOWING that they're free, instead of taking them knowing you're breaking the law...
I'm fux'd up, ain't I ~_~

Kami-Tux

If I said yes now... would there be consequences? ;)

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Icelilly

Favourite genres? I like pretty much everything. Except for rap/hip-hop. That stuff could die for all I care for (no offense to anyone who likes this kind of music). I get my anime stuff of Gendou.com, fansites, message boards, or AnimeOST.com. Other then that, the majority of my music comes from LimeWire or my parents CDs. And of course, the CDs that I bought when I was younger. ^^;

As for what I'm currently listening to, I'm listening to The Rise of Him off the Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z OST. It really good and upbeat! I highly recommend it! ^v^d

Kami-Tux

While I fully respect your choice in music, I do recommend everyone who dislikes rap to read these lyrics: http://www.frontalot.com/index.php/?page=lyrics&lyricid=47 . IMHO, they are awesome!

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

CaptBrenden

Im against most rap, but not all.   Rap can be okay, when they arnt singing about being lawless thugs, calling women bitches, etc.  Tho, thats really uncommon.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

To quote the /i/nsurgency policy on such things,
"Let me tell you, I'm not at all against homosexuals or black people. I have a problem with (YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE BAWWWWWW I'M BUTTHURT NOW) and ('SUP DAWG, THEM SHITS DON'T KNOW 'BOUT MY HOMEBOYS!). I'm sure you understand the difference."

TL;DR - Rappers = INTERNET TOUGH GUYS WHO "SING", and that's just horrible.

CaptBrenden

Eh I think your comments and quote are a bit out of line, even If i agree with you.  These are two words id rather you not use on the board thanks.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Surprise wordfilter attacks! ONOZ, APPROVED CONTENT!

Reformatted into common attitude of said objects, for maximum lulz.

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Im against most rap, but not all.   Rap can be okay, when they arnt singing about being lawless thugs, calling women bitches, etc.  Tho, thats really uncommon.

Okay, then In agree with you!  :smoke:

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Bella

Hmmm, I've been waiting for somebody to make a music thread ^_^

I love all sorts of music, just about everything except for country western, modern pop (like...brrrrr....Brittany Spears or Madonna), and most hip-hop and rap, except for a few artists. Anything too "commercial" I kinda dislike; I've found myself quite taken with alternative rock, indie music, older pop, as well as some R&B and jazz, and even disco.

Some of my favorite artists and groups are the Dave Matthews Band, U2, Coldplay, Radiohead, Alanis Morisette, Oasis, Regina Spektor, The Police, Joe Jackson, and Natalie Merchant. Then there a ton of other artists with songs that I like, but can't say are really favorites, like the Damnwells, Yael Naim, and Toad the Wet Sprocket just to name a few :P

Then again, I love listening to classical music when I'm reading or whatever.

Aurora Borealis

I have a strange taste in music ;012

My favorite kinds of music are rock and dance (especially that from the 1970's + 1980's). I also like Polka, Metal, some Alternative, Electronica, and anything 'psychedelic' as well as most energetic and upbeat music.

My favorite musicians are Rush, Boston, Pat Benatar, The Kings, Cheap Trick, The Goo Goo Dolls, Wierd Al Yankovich, The Refreshments, Gin Blossoms, Savage Garden, The Bangles, Bryan Adams, and Collective Soul

I dislike country, mainstream pop, and rap that is demeaning/about drugs/thugs/racism/sexism/etc. (although rap that is not like that is fine to me)