C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteAnd thank you to Gus-san. ^__^
Yes,... though Viru-sama may reign supreme in her kingdom, VMS-sama is clearly the queen in her own neck of the woods. And she's virus-proof (or at least hacker proof). ^.

Aside from being impervious to hackers, she's also quite virus-free...

QuoteWhat I'm saying is that it might some day -- but certainly not initially. For one thing, we don't know how Windows display its Desktop Environment, so any kind of replacement of it will always be a guessing game. ^.^

Oh yes, the "secrets" of Windows....

Quote*stares at Bella-sama's title*

"GNU/Linux", still? Mmmmm-hmmmm.... only a matter of time.... -v-

*plots and schemes*

*stares with puppy-eyes*

C-Chan

Resurrecting this old thing to post my final OSC work.  ^__^
Still needs shading, but I'll have that ready within the hour... for now, a quick preview post!!! ^v^

It had occurred to me that I never drew Bella-hime nor Aurora-hime at all.  That's something that I felt desperately needed remedying. ^.^

Aurora Borealis

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

However it really really pains me to point out that I updated my character design for Aurora though :(

Here is her updated design. Still, this is a very cute, thoughtful and wonderful picture depicting our alter egos (and thank you for adding in Kattlanna too)! The glass jar, cherries and sap are rendered with remarkable realism and that is-- DELICIOUS CAKE!!

Bella

This is beautiful! You say it's not quite finished but it's looking wonderful already! Thank you so much! ^^

The cake looks delicious, the sap jar is very realistic looking, and so are the cherries!

I can't wait to see this finished. :3

C-Chan

Fufufu!  Ah, Aurora-hime, that was unexpected.  ^_____^;
Let's just say that you went retro for this pic. (I still have my bombardment to get to and all...).  ^.^

Here's the final.... ^^

Stand by while I add some commentary.  ^____^

Aurora Borealis

Okay, 'going retro' works too!

And thank you for also adding in the names of several other OSC members that contributed!

Siya

C-Chan

Thank you too, Siya-san.  ^^

As for the commentary...  Hmmm... what can I say....

I'm sorry to say it's not done in the uber-realistic style I've used a lot in recent pictures, but as I said before this quick chibi style was the hallmark of my early days here in OSC.  Even the shading is done half-new style, half ol' fashioned way, depending on where it was most efficient.  ^.^
Also, the empahsis on realism in the material objects (such as the sap jar or the cake) is a new phenomenon, as I do enjoy recreating realistic objects in vector form -- and thanks to getting used to non-blurred objects again, I'm able to do all this without taxing my CPU (and thus increasing the time needed to make all this.  The cake does show a lot of shortcuts used, but hopefully, from afar, it looks alright.  ^^

I couldn't find Bella-hime's old mspaint self-portraints, so that design is based entirely on the minis she posted (mainly the one in her siggy).  Sorry to say I had to confuse sap with honey just t obe able to make the scene a lot cuter.  Hopefully you're okay with being a bit of a prankster (cute one at that).  ^.^

Aurora-hime I had some trouble with too, since I couldn't find a large-enough picture with that dress -- had to settle for the one in the Zerosanity XMAS special, page 1.  That being said, I had to reinvent her coat and whatever she has under her skirt, but at least the head and hat were easy.  ^.^

Kattlana-chan was actually added for two reason:

One as an apology.  I was so caught up in OSC, I failed to ever look at the new edition of your Insanity Force.  Did so today and was absoluely FLOORED by the quality of the new version -- it's definitely leaps and bounds better and whittier at that.  Unfortunately, you haven't touched it in a few months, and I really thought you had something nice going.  ^^

Two, as a symbol for the future.  I'll be spending a little time in DA post-retirement,... so who's to say I won't dwell a little in some of your alternate works, eh?  We'll see, but I really did like what I saw. -v-

As for why i did this,... well,... aside from what I said earlier, i think it's a good way to show that, for me, the most fascinating thing about being here in OS-tan Collections -- aside from the many wonderful characters we created -- was YOU.  It's ironic I had to demonstrate that only hours before my departure, but youz guys are intriguing and interesting enough to be your own Anime.  Heaven forbid you think your lives are dull and boring, cause from my point of view I see otherwise... by a long shot.  ^^

Thank you very much all!
As one final gift, I'm posting the Sauce... just so you can see the full "thank you" roster at least.  Forgive me if I left anyone out.  ^^
Hmmm... what can I say....
I'mm sorry to say it's not done in the uber-realistic style I've used a lot in recent pictures, but as I said before this quick chibi style was the hallmark of my early days here in OSC.  Even the shading is done half-new style, half ol' fashioned way, depending on where it was most efficient.  ^.^
Also, the empahsis on realism in the material objects (such as the sap jar or the cake) is a new phenomenon, as I do enjoy recreating realistic objects in vector form -- and thanks to getting used to non-blurred objects again, I'm able to do all this without taxing my CPU (and thus increasing the time needed to make all this.  The cake does show a lot of shortcuts used, but hopefully, from afar, it looks alright.  ^^

I couldn't find Bella-hime's old mspaint self-portraints, so that design is based entirely on the minis she posted (mainly the one in her siggy).  Sorry to say I had to confuse sap with honey just t obe able to make the scene a lot cuter.  Hopefully you're okay with being a bit of a prankster (cute one at that).  ^.^

Aurora-hime I had some trouble with too, since I couldn't find a large-enough picture with that dress -- had to settle for the one in the Zerosanity XMAS special, page 1.  That being said, I had to reinvent her coat and whatever she has under her skirt, but at least the head and hat were easy.  ^.^

One as an apology.  I was so caught up in OSC, I failed to ever look at the new edition of your Insanity Force.  Did so today and was absoluely FLOORED by the quality of the new version -- it's definitely leaps and bounds better and whittier at that.  Unfortunately, you haven't touched it in a few months, and I really thought you had something nice going.  ^^

Two, as a symbol for the future.  I'll be spending a little time in DA post-retirement,... so who's to say I won't dwell a little in some of your alternate works, eh?  We'll see, but I really did like what I saw. -v-

As for why i did this,... well,... aside from what I said earlier, i think it's a good way to show that, for me, the most fascinating thing about being here in OS-tan Collections -- aside from the many wonderful characters we created -- was YOU.  It's ironic I had to demonstrate that only hours before my departure, but youz guys are intriguing and interesting enough to be your own Anime.  Heaven forbid you think your lives are dull and boring, cause from my point of view I see otherwise... by a long shot.  ^^

Thank you very much all!
As one final gift, I'm posting the Sauce... just so you can see the full "thank you" roster at least.  Forgive me if I left anyone out.  ^^

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bella

QuoteHmmm... what can I say....
I'mm sorry to say it's not done in the uber-realistic style I've used a lot in recent pictures, but as I said before this quick chibi style was the hallmark of my early days here in OSC. Even the shading is done half-new style, half ol' fashioned way, depending on where it was most efficient. ^.^

Could have fooled me-- for such a quick picture it's very polished.

QuoteAlso, the empahsis on realism in the material objects (such as the sap jar or the cake) is a new phenomenon, as I do enjoy recreating realistic objects in vector form -- and thanks to getting used to non-blurred objects again, I'm able to do all this without taxing my CPU (and thus increasing the time needed to make all this. The cake does show a lot of shortcuts used, but hopefully, from afar, it looks alright. ^^

You're great at drawing realistic objects-- the sap jar and dipper are  beautifully shaded and highlighted, and look very real. The cake is excellent even without blurring, too.  

Whenever I try to draw realistic objects (like cars), even they usually end up very cartoonish looking.

QuoteI couldn't find Bella-hime's old mspaint self-portraints, so that design is based entirely on the minis she posted (mainly the one in her siggy). Sorry to say I had to confuse sap with honey just t obe able to make the scene a lot cuter. Hopefully you're okay with being a bit of a prankster (cute one at that). ^.^

Nah, I think my minis capture the essence of my alter-ego better. Or at least my hair. ^^

Don't worry, a honey jar and dipper certainly are more interesting than a bottle of maple sap.

QuoteAurora-hime I had some trouble with too, since I couldn't find a large-enough picture with that dress -- had to settle for the one in the Zerosanity XMAS special, page 1. That being said, I had to reinvent her coat and whatever she has under her skirt, but at least the head and hat were easy. ^.^

One as an apology. I was so caught up in OSC, I failed to ever look at the new edition of your Insanity Force. Did so today and was absoluely FLOORED by the quality of the new version -- it's definitely leaps and bounds better and whittier at that. Unfortunately, you haven't touched it in a few months, and I really thought you had something nice going. ^^

Two, as a symbol for the future. I'll be spending a little time in DA post-retirement,... so who's to say I won't dwell a little in some of your alternate works, eh? We'll see, but I really did like what I saw. -v-

I don't remember seeing a (large) full-length drawing of Aurora either, so I think you did quite  good with the references given. Even if it's not quite like the revamp...she's cute none the less (love that outfit!). And Kattlana-chan peaking out over her hat is adorable! :3

I had almost forgotten about Insanity Force, but awhile back I visited Aurora-hime's site which led me to her DA page, where I started reading it. I really like it as well.

QuoteAs for why i did this,... well,... aside from what I said earlier, i think it's a good way to show that, for me, the most fascinating thing about being here in OS-tan Collections -- aside from the many wonderful characters we created -- was YOU. It's ironic I had to demonstrate that only hours before my departure, but youz guys are intriguing and interesting enough to be your own Anime. Heaven forbid you think your lives are dull and boring, cause from my point of view I see otherwise... by a long shot. ^^

I don't care what you say about the quality, or whether it's uber-realistic or not-- that doesn't matter. Grand or not, this picture is more wonderful than any other you could have done; and I want to give you my truest, heartfelt thanks for drawing this. :..)

QuoteThank you very much all!
As one final gift, I'm posting the Sauce... just so you can see the full "thank you" roster at least. Forgive me if I left anyone out. ^^

I checked out the sauce...when you say everybody's on the roster, you mean everybody's on the roster! Even people I really didn't expect to see on the list were there. ^^

Thank you again, C-Chan. :...)

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
I'm sorry to say it's not done in the uber-realistic style I've used a lot in recent pictures, but as I said before this quick chibi style was the hallmark of my early days here in OSC.  Even the shading is done half-new style, half ol' fashioned way, depending on where it was most efficient.  ^.^
I like the throwback to your chibi OS-tan days back in 2006! Those were good, nostalgic times!

Wow... There is actually a way to do realistic material objects without blurring? That's amazing!

Having Bella put the sap on the cake, is perfect!

I never did get to posting up a full-sized picture of her, aside from a quick sketch. I imagine a lot of guesswork was required, but her outfit in the picture still looks great! (I really like what you did with the skirt, and may actually add that to her finalized magical girl form!)

Uh oh.. Bad time to mention that I moved my newest rewrite of Insanity Force to SmackJeeves for reasons of convenience :(

Still, I will at least post up all non comic artwork of my original characters, and OS-tan fanart on DA.

Aww... Thanks! ^_^

I hope we meet again, C-Chan!

C-Chan

And this is it.... My last post as a member of OS-tan Collections.  Coincidentally, it also happens to be my last native post.  -v-

I still have a whole cemetary full of ancient posts that belonged to me,... usually those one-character per posts that seemed to make sense back in the day when creating new and original characters was an absolute shocker.  @v@

After I'm done here, it's probably best to consider locking this thread if there's nothing left in it to do.  I want it to join the rest of its brethern threads -- and immortal tribute to my past deeds and misdeeds.  -v-

=======================================

A few final responses, though....

QuoteCould have fooled me-- for such a quick picture it's very polished.

Thank you.  Definitely a labor of love, so that probably helped it be the best it could be in only a mere span of hours.  ^^

You're great at drawing realistic objects-- the sap jar and dipper are beautifully shaded and highlighted, and look very real. The cake is excellent even without blurring, too.

Whenever I try to draw realistic objects (like cars), even they usually end up very cartoonish looking.

Consider that another thing I might be able to assist you with in your standalones.  I might have some trouble with black and white imagery, but definitely when it comes to color I'm your pig as far as realistic imagery imitation (oxymoron?) goes.  ^.^

I don't care what you say about the quality, or whether it's uber-realistic or not-- that doesn't matter. Grand or not, this picture is more wonderful than any other you could have done; and I want to give you my truest, heartfelt thanks for drawing this. :..)

Thank you very much, Bella-hime.  ^^
The reason why I'm at peace despite the fact that I did not hold my promise to you [specifically] is because I managed to do what I do best whenever I can't fulfill my promises... I compensate.  I could not finish the BSD-tans [yet], but I was able to create someething infinitely more appropriate for the occasion.  And if you say so, than I too will agree it's the best thing I could have drawn and I'm happy my warped little piggy brain came up with it just in the knick of time!  ^__^

QuoteI checked out the sauce...when you say everybody's on the roster, you mean everybody's on the roster! Even people I really didn't expect to see on the list were there. ^^

Well you know, even bastards were useful in dispelling the old naivety I had when I first came here.  Even if I hardly treasured their company, I don't think I would have been as strong without them.  So yes, they're on there too.  --

QuoteI like the throwback to your chibi OS-tan days back in 2006! Those were good, nostalgic times!

Isn't it?  And my GAWDS, you were there to see it all.... We do go back a long time, don't we?  ^__^

My chibis were not universally-liked, though, so slowly but surely I was convinced into creating more complex full-sized drawings.  I did create wonderful drawings as a result, no doubt about it -- but I also lost a lot of my original speed.  The more promises I ended up breaking as a result, the less confidence I had, the more morale I begain to bleed.  -v-

I still wonder how things would have been liked if I understand as I do now the importance of just drawing "whatever the heck you want".  ^^

QuoteWow... There is actually a way to do realistic material objects without blurring? That's amazing!

You have the KDE4 artists to thank for that -- after reviewing some of their work, I stared in awe by how gorgeously they recreated near-Mac like icons just by using regular vector graphics and gradient paths.  

http://www.oxygen-icons.org/

Since I want to do that eventually, I've made it a point to start practicing that now.  ^^
So far, I think it's gotten some good results.  ^.^

QuoteHaving Bella put the sap on the cake, is perfect!

Actually... she's actually trying to drip that sap on me.  ^_____^;
Maple-flavored sausage in lieu of the cherry I just ate (might be hard from this angle, but notice that a cherry stem is hanging from my mouth).  ^.^

I never did get to posting up a full-sized picture of her, aside from a quick sketch. I imagine a lot of guesswork was required, but her outfit in the picture still looks great! (I really like what you did with the skirt, and may actually add that to her finalized magical girl form!)

It actually helped a lot that your just plain ol' cute as a button, so of course it's gonna look great. ^.^

Uh oh.. Bad time to mention that I moved my newest rewrite of Insanity Force to SmackJeeves for reasons of convenience

Still, I will at least post up all non comic artwork of my original characters, and OS-tan fanart on DA.

That'd be great.  ^__^

And yes, I'll make it a point to find out the new home of Insanity Force (I didn't know there was a thing as a SmackJeeves).  It was a funny story to read.  ^^

I checked out the sauce...when you say everybody's on the roster, you mean everybody's on the roster! Even people I really didn't expect to see on the list were there. ^^

Thank you again, C-Chan. :...)

Aww... Thanks!

I hope we meet again, C-Chan!

Thank you Bella-hime,
Aurora-hime,
Minna-san in general....

===================================

And that's it... almost three years of C-chan bombardment officially come to a close, after almost 5275 total posts made, 166 drawings created, and an unspecified number of good times shared.  ^__^

I want to say something long and sappy, but combining everything I've already set thus far in all my farewell notices, I think the best thing I can do right now is follow UNIX-sama's old advice... "Keep it simple stupid".  That's something I'll work hard to master in my future endeavors.  ^^

So....

Thank you very much for allowing me the priviledge of ending my time here in OS-tan Collections just right....

I've had fun....

I've learned many valuable things....

I've helped bring many new and original characters to life.....

I've met some great people here and even managed to change some lives too.....

I can now rest easy knowing I did the best I can and move on with no regrets.  The experience I've gained here well in some ways help enrich my real life to make it happier and healthier than it would have been without, and for that I'm very grateful.  

To those who I'll be seeing again -- I look forward to turning a new page in our creative endeavours.

And to those who I may never see again, I wish well in your own endeavors.

Even if it was just a net community, these are real people you communicate with.  Be sure to afford the real people close around you the warmth, sincerity, helpfulness and intelligence that you have exhibited here behind the comfort of anonymity.  It's harder, yes, but you'll be the happier for it.

Farewell!

*C-chan leaves forum*

Bella

Goodbye, then.

*salutes*

Siya

Aurora Borealis

It seems that I don't have the power to lock this thread, despite being a mod unless I just can't find the "close thread" option anywhere. Uhh...  Will one of you admins be so kind as to close this thread, as it has served its purpose? But in the mean time, this shall be the final reply.

*waves goodbye*

Tsubashi

At the request of the OP, I do hereby lock this thread.
(Click "Legend display" and then the lock icon, Aurora-sama ^.^)

Goodbye, Wonderful Senpai. I'm so sorry for missing so much, and breaking all those promises. Rest assured, Senpai, I will compensate with haste, and I'll work on the whole "Living confidently" thing too. Thank you for all of your help. I wish you every happiness! ^v^
*Bows Respectfully*
-Tsu