OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles

Started by Aurora Borealis, June 11, 2008, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Greetings, earthlings-- err... viewers. I decided to move these comics into a new thread to reduce clutter in my main art thread which is something I should have actually done in the first place because ZS has its own thread.

This is the OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles series, an assortment of OS-tan comics that detail certain OS-tan's backstories and are obviously flashbacks (hence the title). These stories range from serious, sappy to moderately silly, a big departure from the highly silly zerOSanity. Previous pages can be seen here: http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=205

--CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS--

01: "From raggedy servitude to glamorous independence- Macintosh System 1-tan!" (17 out of an estimated 22 pages done)

A 'Cinderella'-like story about Mac System 1-tan's early life from 1983 until her release to the public on Jan 24 1984. After Lisa-tan ended up doing poorly with the public, she was very frustrated. And combined with her extremely spoiled attitude and years worth of bottled up sadness and grief, she took it all out on System 1-tan by forcing her to be the servant and lashing out when System 1-tan tries to speak up against her. But one fateful day, System 1-tan was given a second chance...

--PLANNED--

02: "All messed up and nowhere to go?"

The story of how Altair 8800-tan joins the Binteeji Renmei, but also includes past events involving other OS-tans that leads to Altair-tan's discovery (and confirmation of still being alive) by the Vintage-tans.

Takes place close to present day, Altair-tan finally joins after years of putting it off though. She knew that she caused her own demise from the competition; knows that she is frail and accident-prone, and that one of the few friends she ever had [Apple I-tan] is long dead. Still, she remained a wanderer by choice for years, not wanting to give up... until one day she gets chased and attacked by a group of bootleg OS-tans. When fleeing, she realizes that going to that Binteeji Renmei place that tried to recruit her before may be a life-saving decision. But that is not all...

03: (no title yet)

This story takes place at the Mac House, begins around present time and is quite silly, with events and such that would not be out of place in either zerOSanity or Mac Party Redux. But these events lead to a flashback to Feb. 1989 (which takes a turn for the serious, violent and sappy!) with the fight between Macintosh System 6-tan and ANTI-tan, as well as before events and the aftermath of the showdown.

04: (no title yet either)
95 OSR 2.1-tan writes of her memoirs: childhood memories of MS BOB-tan and her departure, OSR 2.1-tan's own departure and failures, OSR 2.5-tan's departure also from failure, life as a wanderer, her reunion with OSR 2.5-tan who was at the time living in misery and how she helped restore OSR 2.5-tan confidence and allowed her to turn her life around.
---

For my next order of business, I shall post up page 1-10!

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7255

...And things take a huge turn for the worse again! Lisa-tan completely ruins System 1-tan's hopes of going to the party! For now, of course because it is obvious what happens later but that doesn't make it any less sad!

C-Chan

Oh darn, I'm outta time.

Just one final swoon for swoonable-content that I see!  ^v^

*swoooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!*  XvX

*passes out*

Bella

OMG...o___O

You're right, it has taken a nosedive for the worse! Poor System 1-chan! Seeing her crying is heartbreaking : ..(

And, oooooh, SNAP! Calling Lisa-san a....beeee-otch....looks like the occasional salty language in my comic has had a bad influence XD

I also liked reading the plans for your other comics.

Aurora Borealis

Bwahahahaha! I like to throw in some salty language from time to time! F@#$ yeah!!

And... the story takes another turn!

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7261

...for the better! Apple ][-tan reappears and gives System 1-tan her invitation to go to the party because it means a lot more to System 1-tan than her!

Kami-Tux

Ohhhhh, I am happy for the poor System-1-tan now. :)

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Bella

So that's ][-tan appearing as System 1-chan's fairy godsister? I bet she's going to give her a beautiful dress to wear!

Aurora Borealis

Yup! That's Apple ][-tan in a fairy costume (complete with wand! Another parallel to the Cinderella story) coming in to deliver good news to System 1-tan! And yes she will give her a beautiful dress to wear on the next page!

C-Chan

Finally I can get to this!  YOSH!!  ^0^

*starts typing madly*

QuoteThis is the OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles series, an assortment of OS-tan comics that detail certain OS-tan's backstories and are obviously flashbacks (hence the title). These stories range from serious, sappy to moderately silly, a big departure from the highly silly zerOSanity. Previous pages can be seen here:

I'm so happy you're committed to this particular comic series.  ^__^
I especially love the fact that you can show the girls in [what to us look like] strange and unusual historical settings, as demonstrated by the fact that we've never seen Lisa-chan as bossy until this comic came.  ^v^

QuoteA 'Cinderella'-like story about Mac System 1-tan's early life from 1983 until her release to the public on Jan 24 1984. After Lisa-tan ended up doing poorly with the public, she was very frustrated. And combined with her extremely spoiled attitude and years worth of bottled up sadness and grief, she took it all out on System 1-tan by forcing her to be the servant and lashing out when System 1-tan tries to speak up against her. But one fateful day, System 1-tan was given a second chance...

Fufufu... I wonder how this will end?  With a glass slipper,... or a REALLY large hammer?  ^v^

QuoteThe story of how Altair 8800-tan joins the Binteeji Renmei. Takes place close to present day, Altair-tan finally joins after years of putting it off though. She knew that she caused her own demise from the competition; knows that she is frail and accident-prone, and that one of the few friends she ever had [Apple I-tan] is long dead. Still, she remained a wanderer by choice for years, not wanting to give up... until one day she gets chased and attacked by a group of bootleg OS-tans. When fleeing, she realizes that going to that Binteeji Renmei place that tried to recruit her before may be a life-saving decision. But that is not all...

Fufufu... this sounds familiar.  ^^
Funny how she feels like the Binteji Renmei is somehow akin to "giving" up to a life of retirement.   Granted it is a quieter life, the goal of the organization is to have older OS-tans band together in order to come out stronger and meet the challenges of the 21st century.  Sadly, a lot of Wanderers do believe the stereotype, so despite progress to the contrary the Vintage-tans still don't have the level of membership they need to really meet their goals.

Hence, the chronic money shortages.  -___-;

QuoteThis story takes place at the Mac House, begins around present time and is quite silly, with events and such that would not be out of place in either zerOSanity or Mac Party Redux. But these events lead to a flashback to Feb. 1989 (which takes a turn for the serious, violent and sappy!) with the fight between Macintosh System 6-tan and ANTI-tan, as well as before events and the aftermath of the showdown.

Awww... I still can't conceive of the notion that violence and Aurora can mix, but I'm worried I'm going to be surprised.  ;__;
Still, it's a tale that must be told and by all means I look forward.  ^^

Quote...And things take a huge turn for the worse again! Lisa-tan completely ruins System 1-tan's hopes of going to the party! For now, of course because it is obvious what happens later but that doesn't make it any less sad!

PANEL 1:  HOE?!!!!!!  @o@
Oh, that was deliciously evil of Lisa-chan. ^^;
Love the use of "shall" that's a word that Lisa-chan actually uses a lot of.

PANEL 2:  And how deliciously cute it is to see System 1-chan hold back tears of frustraton in this pic.  ^v^;

PANEL 3,4,5:  Naturally, we have the mandatory servitude pics.  I assume the last one is the actual toilet-scrubbing thing.  ^>^

PANEL 6:  Between this and Panel 2, these definitely go for best crying moments.  ^^
Still hard for me to get used to seeing System 1-chan doing the Oldspeak thing, so obviously seeing her drop the b-word is downright culture shock.  ^^;
I'm sure nowadays she substitutes that with "Unsmart Moneyplenty Doggirl"  ^v^

PANEL 7:  BWAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!  ^V^
Beaten-up Chibi Lisa-chan is definitely up for nomination for best supporting microchibi.  That is just too cute!  ^.^

Also neat seeing ][-chan issuing uncharacteristic praise over sister rivalry.  ^v^;

QuoteBwahahahaha! I like to throw in some salty language from time to time! F@#$ yeah!!

Oh dear me, goodness gracious, and all that jazz!  @o@
Aurora-hime cusses!  I thought this would not happen until pigs flew.  @__@

*magically sprouts wings and floats away*

This onslaught of profanity is just too much for my piggy heart.  I feel my ears bleed already.  ^0^

*C-chan passes out, but still manages to float away further*

Quote...for the better! Apple ][-tan reappears and gives System 1-tan her invitation to go to the party because it means a lot more to System 1-tan than her!

*C-chan drops back to earth*

Ahhh,... now this is a lot more like it.  ^.^

PANEL 3,4:  Oh how very sweet and characteristic of ][-chan!  Cosplaying as a fairy godmother figure in order to give her little sister what she wants.  ^___^

But wait,... why is System 1-chan still hunched over that dirty toilet?  ^v^;

PANEL 5,6,7:  Should note that ][-chan looks amazingly cute in that fairy clothing -- kind of foreshadowing Newton-chan there.  ^^

PANEL 8:  I'm tellin' you,.. sweet as molasses.  ^.^

Besides,... I doubt she'd have the time to waste in a party anyway -- there's always work to be had, especially back then when the Commodore Family was staking claims to so much territory.  ^__^

PANEL 9:  Oooh,... is that really going to be a dress and glass slippers?  ^.^

Or maybe something,... more,.... revolutionary?  ^v^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"

I'm so happy you're committed to this particular comic series.  ^__^
I especially love the fact that you can show the girls in [what to us look like] strange and unusual historical settings, as demonstrated by the fact that we've never seen Lisa-chan as bossy until this comic came.  ^v^
I like that too- it shows the characters in a very different way from their present selves! Oh, how many of them have changed greatly, for better or worse!

Fufufu... I wonder how this will end?  With a glass slipper,... or a REALLY large hammer?  ^v^

A large hammer to Lisa-tan's face? That's probably something System 1-tan was also thinking but to both of you I must say... wishful thinking! *chuckle*

But the comic does need moar hammertime!

Stop, hammertime! Can't touch this! Dun dun dun dun dun... can't touch this!

Fufufu... this sounds familiar.  ^^
Funny how she feels like the Binteji Renmei is somehow akin to "giving" up to a life of retirement.   Granted it is a quieter life, the goal of the organization is to have older OS-tans band together in order to come out stronger and meet the challenges of the 21st century.  Sadly, a lot of Wanderers do believe the stereotype, so despite progress to the contrary the Vintage-tans still don't have the level of membership they need to really meet their goals.

Hence, the chronic money shortages.  -___-;
A lot of those wanderers sure are stubborn! (Of course Altair-tan was really stubborn, not wanting to retire despite all the odds she was against) But if it weren't for their stubbornness, the Binteeji Renmei would be able to meet its goals and not have chronic money problems!

Awww... I still can't conceive of the notion that violence and Aurora can mix, but I'm worried I'm going to be surprised.  ;__;
Still, it's a tale that must be told and by all means I look forward.  ^^
I admit this is also quite shocking even for me and is a very radical departure from any comic I have ever drawn and written but I am up to the challenge! Especially, when it is a story like that!

PANEL 1:  HOE?!!!!!!  @o@
Oh, that was deliciously evil of Lisa-chan. ^^;
Love the use of "shall" that's a word that Lisa-chan actually uses a lot of.
Told ya there'd be SABOTAGE!! :D

PANEL 2:  And how deliciously cute it is to see System 1-chan hold back tears of frustraton in this pic.  ^v^;
It's true... she is one of those OS-tans who is especially cute when melancholy like that!

PANEL 3,4,5:  Naturally, we have the mandatory servitude pics.  I assume the last one is the actual toilet-scrubbing thing.  ^>^
Yeah. that last one is the toilet-scrubbing scene, which I happened to not draw all that well...

PANEL 6:  Between this and Panel 2, these definitely go for best crying moments.  ^^
Maniacally delicious!

Still hard for me to get used to seeing System 1-chan doing the Oldspeak thing, so obviously seeing her drop the b-word is downright culture shock.  ^^;
BWAHAHAHAHA!

*ahem* But in one of the next pages, it will show System 1-tan picking up a random book (the Newspeak-to-Oldspeak dictionary and grammar guide) and reading it, and right away taking a liking to Newspeak and deciding to learn it for the first time!

I'm sure nowadays she substitutes that with "Unsmart Moneyplenty Doggirl"  ^v^
I was wondering what the equivalent of "stupid b****" would be! :D

PANEL 7:  BWAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!  ^V^
Beaten-up Chibi Lisa-chan is definitely up for nomination for best supporting microchibi.  That is just too cute!  ^.^

Also neat seeing ][-chan issuing uncharacteristic praise over sister rivalry.  ^v^;
It was in the preview of the story but I could not pass up the chance to put that scene in there! :D

Oh dear me, goodness gracious, and all that jazz!  @o@
Aurora-hime cusses!  I thought this would not happen until pigs flew.  @__@

*magically sprouts wings and floats away*

This onslaught of profanity is just too much for my piggy heart.  I feel my ears bleed already.  ^0^

*C-chan passes out, but still manages to float away further*
Aw come on! That's barely anything compared to some of the stuff that PC DOS-tan and Pilot OS-tan spout off!

Aaaaah! Come back!

*C-chan drops back to earth*

Ahhh,... now this is a lot more like it.  ^.^
Phew...

But wait,... why is System 1-chan still hunched over that dirty toilet?  ^v^;
I guess she was too sad to notice- that was the least of her problems at the moment.

PANEL 5,6,7:  Should note that ][-chan looks amazingly cute in that fairy clothing -- kind of foreshadowing Newton-chan there.  ^^
I agree. I wanted to keep ][-chan in that fairy costume for the rest of the comic but she soon has to change back to her standard outfit.

PANEL 8:  I'm tellin' you,.. sweet as molasses.  ^.^

Besides,... I doubt she'd have the time to waste in a party anyway -- there's always work to be had, especially back then when the Commodore Family was staking claims to so much territory.  ^__^
Aw yeah... And that was back when PET-chan, ][-chan and Atari DOS-tan were bitter rivals!
How did they all become friends? And such good friends?

PANEL 9:  Oooh,... is that really going to be a dress and glass slippers?  ^.^

Or maybe something,... more,.... revolutionary?  ^v^
Yeah, it is going to be a dress and slippers. Although now that you mentioned it, I should have gone for something crazy! Something revolutionary!

Aurora Borealis

Oh noez! A double post! But not without good reason:

Page 1-12!

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7277

Apple ][-tan gives System 1-tan the dress she has been working on!

In the last panel, she says "Wow... Is this really me?" because she is not used to dressing like that at all. To dress so elegantly is a far cry from her raggedy servant gear! Of course, she's got a nice and cute outfit she wears when not on servant duty but it fails in comparison to her gala dress! :D

Bella

Oooh, a simple but nice page here! ][-tan and System 1-chan are both looking great here, I especially like starstruck 1-chan in panel 3, and 1-chan in her dress in panel 4. She looks really great all dressed up!

QuoteFufufu... this sounds familiar. ^^
Funny how she feels like the Binteji Renmei is somehow akin to "giving" up to a life of retirement. Granted it is a quieter life, the goal of the organization is to have older OS-tans band together in order to come out stronger and meet the challenges of the 21st century. Sadly, a lot of Wanderers do believe the stereotype, so despite progress to the contrary the Vintage-tans still don't have the level of membership they need to really meet their goals.

Hence, the chronic money shortages. -___-;

Oh, I see...so, even as a group that's mostly retired, that doesn't mean there isn't work to be done...

QuoteStill hard for me to get used to seeing System 1-chan doing the Oldspeak thing, so obviously seeing her drop the b-word is downright culture shock. ^^;
I'm sure nowadays she substitutes that with "Unsmart Moneyplenty Doggirl" ^v^

OMG! XD

QuoteA large hammer to Lisa-tan's face? That's probably something System 1-tan was also thinking but to both of you I must say... wishful thinking! *chuckle*

But the comic does need moar hammertime!

Stop, hammertime! Can't touch this! Dun dun dun dun dun... can't touch this!

*starts singing along*

Hey! Maybe System 1-chan and SAM-chan could do a Hammertime duet together! Now that'd be great :P

QuoteA lot of those wanderers sure are stubborn! (Of course Altair-tan was really stubborn, not wanting to retire despite all the odds she was against) But if it weren't for their stubbornness, the Binteeji Renmei would be able to meet its goals and not have chronic money problems!

Maybe they're more determined than stubborn. Or is that the same difference? ;)

QuoteI admit this is also quite shocking even for me and is a very radical departure from any comic I have ever drawn and written but I am up to the challenge! Especially, when it is a story like that!

You're a good storyteller, so you should have no problems ^_^

QuoteIt's true... she is one of those OS-tans who is especially cute when melancholy like that!

*commercial jungle-singing*

They're manically...

QuoteManiacally delicious!

You stole meh saying! Giveitbackgivitback!!!

QuoteBWAHAHAHAHA!

*ahem* But in one of the next pages, it will show System 1-tan picking up a random book (the Newspeak-to-Oldspeak dictionary and grammar guide) and reading it, and right away taking a liking to Newspeak and deciding to learn it for the first time!

Oh this is gonna be good...

QuoteAw come on! That's barely anything compared to some of the stuff that PC DOS-tan and Pilot OS-tan spout off!

You're d@#^ !^&%in' right!

QuoteI agree. I wanted to keep ][-chan in that fairy costume for the rest of the comic but she soon has to change back to her standard outfit.

Awww, too bad, she does look cute as a fairy :)

QuoteHow did they all become friends? And such good friends?

I'm guessing it was their becoming vintage-tans that drew them together; as they didn't "have" to be rivals anymore.

C-Chan

AHHH!!  There's another page here too?!!!  Curse my absence!!!  >v<

*starts typing furiously*

Added after 45 minutes:

QuoteA large hammer to Lisa-tan's face? That's probably something System 1-tan was also thinking but to both of you I must say... wishful thinking! *chuckle*

Awwww... guess we'll have to find out if glass slippers make a better melee weapon. ^^;

QuoteStop, hammertime! Can't touch this! Dun dun dun dun dun... can't touch this!

This would be a good spot to drop a "That's like sooooooooooo 1990's."  ^^;

QuoteBut if it weren't for their stubbornness, the Binteeji Renmei would be able to meet its goals and not have chronic money problems!

Well you have to figure that many of them are neither able to or can afford to participate in the Internet, so news travels slowly and they're essentially dependent on gossip, word-of-mouth, old wives' tales, superstitions, and just lots of presumptions.  Those that are very old BELIEVE they're very old and act accordingly -- they would simply scoff at any effort to believe otherwise, thinking of it as some kind of new-age "poppycosh" (you know, like how silly those "60 is the new 30" catch phrases can sound like?).

The truth of the matter is that the Binteji Renmei is a far more pragmatic institution, where everyone works and EARNS their right to respectable participants in modern society.  Since this DOES involve quite a lot of work, many Wanderers might find it easier to simply revel in their own self-pity and let others take care of them until their end of life.  

In that respect, the Vintage-tans have it even tougher, since they also have to fight against the tide of hopelessness and apathy that has overtaken many of their former friends and colleagues.  When outnumbered like that, it's not uncommon for a Vintage-tan or two to,... every once in a while,... question whether it's.... time to give up.  -___-

Quote*ahem* But in one of the next pages, it will show System 1-tan picking up a random book (the Newspeak-to-Oldspeak dictionary and grammar guide) and reading it, and right away taking a liking to Newspeak and deciding to learn it for the first time! '

Fufufu... it definitely would help that Newspeak would undoubtedly freak out Lisa-chan, who might think her little sister has lost her marbles and thus not strike her [for fear of being contagious... bwahahaha!].  ^v^

QuoteI was wondering what the equivalent of "stupid b****" would be!

Actually, I just checked with the new Newspeak dictionary edition by System 2-tan,... turns out "Moneyplenty" is now "Moneyful" -- apparently to save on breath.  ^.^'

QuoteI agree. I wanted to keep ][-chan in that fairy costume for the rest of the comic but she soon has to change back to her standard outfit.

Better do so before she starts harvesting the Granny Smiths,.. those can be messy.  ^^;

QuoteAw yeah... And that was back when PET-chan, ][-chan and Atari DOS-tan were bitter rivals!
How did they all become friends? And such good friends?

Well that's the thing,... during those olden days, I don't think any of them would've been bitter rivals.  Sure they would've fought, but their engagements would harken back to the days when generals would sit down over tea, swap stories and admire eachother's tactics before a battle, when ships would take turns firing into eachother's broadside, and when the primary objective was to CAPTURE the opposing forces troops, which could then be ransomed for money or land, or simply converted.

So they were very prim and proper rivals, and thus now can be the best of friends since they've always had a healthy respect for eachother.  ^^

Ironnically, TRS-DOS-chan was the least bellicose of them all at the time, but has not been able to maintain that niceness over the years.  ^^;

QuoteYeah, it is going to be a dress and slippers. Although now that you mentioned it, I should have gone for something crazy! Something revolutionary!

Like a hammer under the dress!  ^v^

QuoteApple ][-tan gives System 1-tan the dress she has been working on!

In the last panel, she says "Wow... Is this really me?" because she is not used to dressing like that at all. To dress so elegantly is a far cry from her raggedy servant gear! Of course, she's got a nice and cute outfit she wears when not on servant duty but it fails in comparison to her gala dress!

WOW!  Diznee's Cinderella, eat your heart out. ^___^

As usual, Aurora-hime delivers a DY-NA-MITE performance in the form of charmingly-sweet characters, dazzling B&W special effects, and of course nice dresses adorned with a healthy serving of geekery.  Case in point, the Mac Face dress.  ^v^

Only thing is that the shoes still look kinda normal (=not glass_.  '__'

Do you have something in store?  `v'

QuoteOh, I see...so, even as a group that's mostly retired, that doesn't mean there isn't work to be done...

Well more like as a group, they finally have something to do PERIOD.  So yes, it's non-stop work of various degrees, from making flour for cake, to helping C64-tan rewire C-One,... but at least it keeps the their mind healthy, active and, best of all, growing.

I've always opined that an inactive brain is like a captive animal in a cage -- without anything new to stimulate itself, it just stagnates, whithers away, loses all hope, and just waits around for an early death.  That's way people with passionate hobbies tend to do better physically and emotionally as they age -- or so I've heard.  ^^

QuoteHey! Maybe System 1-chan and SAM-chan could do a Hammertime duet together! Now that'd be great :P

Hey now, stop with the Uber Cuteness!  I already had WAY too much sugar for one week.  @v@;

*head explodes with euphoria*

Awww crap, I knew it.....

Quote*commercial jungle-singing*

They're manically...

.............................."Atrocious"?  ^^;

QuoteYou stole meh saying! Giveitbackgivitback!!!

^.^

QuoteYou're d@#^ !^&%in' right!

OMG, what have I started?  ^^;

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "Bella"Oooh, a simple but nice page here! ][-tan and System 1-chan are both looking great here, I especially like starstruck 1-chan in panel 3, and 1-chan in her dress in panel 4. She looks really great all dressed up!
Thanks! Her raggedy old servant wear doesn't do her any justice!

*starts singing along*

Hey! Maybe System 1-chan and SAM-chan could do a Hammertime duet together! Now that'd be great :P
I'm tempted to draw that! I think that those two could make for friendly and odd acquaintanes!

Maybe they're more determined than stubborn. Or is that the same difference? ;)
Pretty much the same thing, but stubborness is determination taken too far!

You stole meh saying! Giveitbackgivitback!!!
*climbs up onto a tree and dangles saying just out of Bella's reach* You want it? Too slow! Hahahaha! It's a classic schoolyard trick!

QuoteYou're d@#^ !^&%in' right!
I F$%^*%g agree! :D

I'm guessing it was their becoming vintage-tans that drew them together; as they didn't "have" to be rivals anymore.
Since they didn't have to be rivals anymore since their days as competitors are long gone, still trying to compete would kind of a waste of time. But don't tell that to Coleco Adam-tan who still has a rivalry with Apple II-tan!

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Awwww... guess we'll have to find out if glass slippers make a better melee weapon. ^^;
Those would make a good weapon!

However... there is not going to be anymore violence in this story. Sorry! But there will be a lot in the third one though!

Well you have to figure that many of them are neither able to or can afford to participate in the Internet, so news travels slowly and they're essentially dependent on gossip, word-of-mouth, old wives' tales, superstitions, and just lots of presumptions.  Those that are very old BELIEVE they're very old and act accordingly -- they would simply scoff at any effort to believe otherwise, thinking of it as some kind of new-age "poppycosh" (you know, like how silly those "60 is the new 30" catch phrases can sound like?).
Whoa... Those Vintage-tans are WAY behind the times! Well, except for C64-tan!

Speaking of C64-tan, her friend Quantum Link-tan would be a great help to the Binteeji Renmei because she knows the latest news. However the downside is, Quantum Link-tan has an island resort to maintain. Maybe she has a lot of loyal patrons who can effectively run the place while she is absent, so she could visit a lot more often! ;012

The truth of the matter is that the Binteji Renmei is a far more pragmatic institution, where everyone works and EARNS their right to respectable participants in modern society.  Since this DOES involve quite a lot of work, many Wanderers might find it easier to simply revel in their own self-pity and let others take care of them until their end of life.  
That's so sad (and slightly infuriating) :(

In that respect, the Vintage-tans have it even tougher, since they also have to fight against the tide of hopelessness and apathy that has overtaken many of their former friends and colleagues.  When outnumbered like that, it's not uncommon for a Vintage-tan or two to,... every once in a while,... question whether it's.... time to give up.  -___-
Give up, as in stop working and go back to being a wanderer because it is easier? :(

The Vintage-tans are against so many odds! Financial, technical, hopelessness and apathy from their former friends and even questioning whether it's time for them to give up!

Fufufu... it definitely would help that Newspeak would undoubtedly freak out Lisa-chan, who might think her little sister has lost her marbles and thus not strike her [for fear of being contagious... bwahahaha!].  ^v^
Hahahaha! That could make a good ZS page!

Actually, I just checked with the new Newspeak dictionary edition by System 2-tan,... turns out "Moneyplenty" is now "Moneyful" -- apparently to save on breath.  ^.^'
"Unsmartful moneyful doggirl!" ;012

Well that's the thing,... during those olden days, I don't think any of them would've been bitter rivals.  Sure they would've fought, but their engagements would harken back to the days when generals would sit down over tea, swap stories and admire eachother's tactics before a battle, when ships would take turns firing into eachother's broadside, and when the primary objective was to CAPTURE the opposing forces troops, which could then be ransomed for money or land, or simply converted.

So they were very prim and proper rivals, and thus now can be the best of friends since they've always had a healthy respect for eachother.  ^^
Perfectly said! They were rivals back in the good ol' days when rivalries and conflicts were civil and the rivals had respect for each other... Unlike the brutality and scorched-earth tactics of the OS Wars!

Ironnically, TRS-DOS-chan was the least bellicose of them all at the time, but has not been able to maintain that niceness over the years.  ^^;
What happened to her? o_o

WOW!  Diznee's Cinderella, eat your heart out. ^___^

As usual, Aurora-hime delivers a DY-NA-MITE performance in the form of charmingly-sweet characters, dazzling B&W special effects, and of course nice dresses adorned with a healthy serving of geekery.  Case in point, the Mac Face dress.  ^v^
Thank you! Truth be told, the dress isn't new, it's actually from the abandoned Apple ][ 30th anniversary picture:

Only thing is that the shoes still look kinda normal (=not glass_.  '__'

Do you have something in store?  `v'
Unfortuneatly, no. I completely forgot :( (and I wanted to keep things simple)

QuoteWell more like as a group, they finally have something to do PERIOD.  So yes, it's non-stop work of various degrees, from making flour for cake, to helping C64-tan rewire C-One,... but at least it keeps the their mind healthy, active and, best of all, growing.
Don't forgot the chore of grooming EXEC-sama's hair! (I pity whoever has to do that!)
---

Page 13!:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7357

C-Chan

Ah!  This girl just keeps churning out cute stuff like a.... butter churner on diesel engine.  ^.^

I'll be back later, but I am happy to report that I've begun sketching the next panel in the Zerosanity XMAS special.  I'm hoping to finally post stuff up this weekend.  ^___^

Stand by for more replies....  ^^

Added after 5 hours 39 minutes:

QuoteSince they didn't have to be rivals anymore since their days as competitors are long gone, still trying to compete would kind of a waste of time. But don't tell that to Coleco Adam-tan who still has a rivalry with Apple II-tan!

Fufu... might also add that some of the girls do still compete for fun,... you know, with board games and stuff.  Checkers, Chess, Tic-Tac-Toe, Go, Othello, Shogi, Poker, Snakes and Ladders, Dominoes, Jenga, Scrabble, Bingo, Monopoly, Pong, Asteroids, Pacman, Joust, Frogger, Dig Dug.... you know, good ol' fashioned family fun.  ^.^

Not particularly exciting for young OS-tans, but the old gals take their old games quite seriously.  ^^;

Case in point, Adam-chan vs. ][-chan -- they probably hold a match in SOMETHING at least once a day, or at least whenever Adam-chan's around.  -v-

QuoteThose would make a good weapon!

However... there is not going to be anymore violence in this story. Sorry! But there will be a lot in the third one though!

Well if it was up to me, I wouldn't have it in the third one either.  ^^'

QuoteWhoa... Those Vintage-tans are WAY behind the times! Well, except for C64-tan!

Well every once in a while she'll accidentally drop some hint that she's OLD.  She hates it when it happens.  ^^

QuoteSpeaking of C64-tan, her friend Quantum Link-tan would be a great help to the Binteeji Renmei because she knows the latest news. However the downside is, Quantum Link-tan has an island resort to maintain. Maybe she has a lot of loyal patrons who can effectively run the place while she is absent, so she could visit a lot more often!  

The one benefit to living amongst friends, is that those friends know friends who know friends.....  ^___^
That any one of them (such as C64-tan -> Quantum Link-tan, or Amiga-san -> UNIX-sama, or AtariDOS-chan -> 95 OSR 2.5-tan, or PCDOS-chan -> OS/2-sama) can call in a favor or two when the time arises, is one of the defining reasons why the organizatiin hasn't collapsed into a pile of Fail.  

One can never underestimate the power of connections -- too many Wanderers fall under the assumption that the path to prosperity can only be reached alone.  ^__~

QuoteGive up, as in stop working and go back to being a wanderer because it is easier?  

The Vintage-tans are against so many odds! Financial, technical, hopelessness and apathy from their former friends and even questioning whether it's time for them to give up!

Well,... now that I'm all about philosophical quotes today, here's another:

"What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger."

Or my new favorite Shogi-inspired quote (from 'Shion no Ou'):

"Those who lose get to grow stronger."

Besides, this might have been a big problem in the early days (or with newcomers) only.  Once they have enough to inspire them with -- such as EXEC-sama's and GENIAC-chan's success story, or all the wealth of information discovered helping ZX-chan with her genealogy project -- few would dare give up the opportunity to enrich their lives further (not for all the tea in China!).  

To put it a cornier way, they would become "Hooked on Hope".  ^^

QuoteWhat happened to her?  

As you may remember, TRSDOS-chan was a very loyal and devoted disciple of the Cult of RadioShack.
Unfortunately, over the years she became a little,... TOO devoted.

And with the loss of her product line, the gradual fall from grace of her company, and her tireless efforts to disguise all those inconvenient facts,... well,.....

...Let's just say she became a little,... pathological.  @@;

In fact she's already been legally excommunicated from the Cult 15 years ago, after she scared one too many young employees with her ferverous rampage about seemingly silly things (like not leveling out their name tags).  Unfortunately, she cannot comprehend that notion in her mind, and not only still practices her religion, but also regularly "inspects" random Radio Shacks every once in a while, usually resulting in her being tossed out by some mall security.

Living in the presence of other OS-tans just as crazy as she is (OS/2-sama and QNX-chan) has helped mellow her out a little in recent years.  But don't be fooled, as she can ignite with any improperly-spoken comment.

Plus she revels with joy at the fact that she knows very little about much of anything new (or even old), and likes to keep it that way.  OS/2-sama and gang have to literally strap her to a chair and pry her eyelids open in order to make her watch a webpage.

QuoteThank you! Truth be told, the dress isn't new, it's actually from the abandoned Apple ][ 30th anniversary picture:

GAAAAAAH!!!  I must've OD'ed on Stupid Pills that morning!!!  I'm SO SORRY!  You're right, it is!!  ^0^

*C-chan wallows in shame*

QuoteUnfortuneatly, no. I completely forgot  (and I wanted to keep things simple)

Oh well, that's fine.  ^___^
After all, System 1-chan is a pretty small girl.  It might be difficult finding glass slippers in her size, since no manufacturer or shoe maker [willing to avoid a veritable tidal wave of lawsuits] would dare make glass shoes for little kids.  ^______________^;

QuoteDon't forgot the chore of grooming EXEC-sama's hair! (I pity whoever has to do that!)

You can imagine the sighs of relief exhaled throughout the land once EXEC-sama and GENIAC-chan became good friends.  ^o^;

QuotePage 13!:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-7357

Wow!  Sugoiness^13!!!  ^v^
I hadn't seen a panel for this story in a while, so it was quite the surprise to see one posted up on the front page.  ^____^

This reminds me of what we were talking about roughly a month ago -- that System 1-chan would literally learn Newspeak right before the party.  Course, it begs the question how a Newspeak dictionary wound up in the old Apple Mansion (almost said "Mac House", but it wouldn't have existed then, wouldn't it?  ^__~), but its a cute bit of randomness.  ^.^

My particular favorite panels are 2 and 3, where we get the cutest shots of a consternated ][-chan on the one hand, and an anxious System 1-chan in the other.  ^_____^

The story continues to be riveting, so by all means please continue.  I'm DYING to see the look on Lisa-chan's face when she sees (and hears) the new System 1-chan.  ^v^

Oh, and yeah....

*complimentary SWOON*  XvX

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Ah!  This girl just keeps churning out cute stuff like a.... butter churner on diesel engine.  ^.^
I have a lot of time on my hands!

I'll be back later, but I am happy to report that I've begun sketching the next panel in the Zerosanity XMAS special.  I'm hoping to finally post stuff up this weekend.  ^___^
Awesome! I can't wait to see the new stuff! :D

Fufu... might also add that some of the girls do still compete for fun,... you know, with board games and stuff.  Checkers, Chess, Tic-Tac-Toe, Go, Othello, Shogi, Poker, Snakes and Ladders, Dominoes, Jenga, Scrabble, Bingo, Monopoly, Pong, Asteroids, Pacman, Joust, Frogger, Dig Dug.... you know, good ol' fashioned family fun.  ^.^

Not particularly exciting for young OS-tans, but the old gals take their old games quite seriously.  ^^;

Case in point, Adam-chan vs. ][-chan -- they probably hold a match in SOMETHING at least once a day, or at least whenever Adam-chan's around.  -v-
Adam-tan and ][-tan have a crazy rivalry almost akin to that between 95 OSR 2.5-tan and 98-tan, or the rivalry between A/UX-tan and Macintosh System 6-tan! (although the latter mentioned is a friendly rivalry, it is still crazy!)

Well if it was up to me, I wouldn't have it in the third one either.  ^^'
Seeing all of the previous stuff I have done for the past almost two years, me drawing a violent comic is even more shocking.

Well every once in a while she'll accidentally drop some hint that she's OLD.  She hates it when it happens.  ^^
At least she doesn't suffer the age complex as nearly as badly as Atari TOS-tan does!

The one benefit to living amongst friends, is that those friends know friends who know friends.....  ^___^
That any one of them (such as C64-tan -> Quantum Link-tan, or Amiga-san -> UNIX-sama, or AtariDOS-chan -> 95 OSR 2.5-tan, or PCDOS-chan -> OS/2-sama) can call in a favor or two when the time arises, is one of the defining reasons why the organizatiin hasn't collapsed into a pile of Fail.  
They've got connections, one of the main reasons the Binteeji Renmei has succeeded! The other one is that the Vintage-tans are very resourceful and know how to pool their resources and talent together effectively!

A few other notable connections I know are ][-tan -> The Mac-tans and A/UX-tan! or Atari TOS-tan -> Barbie Linux-tan!

I also forgot to mention that GEOS-tan would also be friends with Quantum Link-tan! (GEOS is a GUI OS for the Commodore 64 and could use Quantum Link and even AOL! GEOS was also later ported to the Apple ][ )

One can never underestimate the power of connections -- too many Wanderers fall under the assumption that the path to prosperity can only be reached alone.  ^__~
Connections are important. I know this first hand because there were some things I failed at by myself but succeeded with the help of others. And I used to think that the only way for me to succeed was by myself since I am overall an independent person in real life.

Well,... now that I'm all about philosophical quotes today, here's another:

"What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger."

Or my new favorite Shogi-inspired quote (from 'Shion no Ou'):

"Those who lose get to grow stronger."
That's right! I once thought that winning was the only way to get stronger and that it was weak to lose, but losing is important because from losing, a person learns from their mistakes, how to improve themselves and be stronger!

Besides, this might have been a big problem in the early days (or with newcomers) only.  Once they have enough to inspire them with -- such as EXEC-sama's and GENIAC-chan's success story, or all the wealth of information discovered helping ZX-chan with her genealogy project -- few would dare give up the opportunity to enrich their lives further (not for all the tea in China!).  

To put it a cornier way, they would become "Hooked on Hope".  ^^
The whole Binteeji Renmei is giant fountain of hope and inspiration! ^_^

As you may remember, TRSDOS-chan was a very loyal and devoted disciple of the Cult of RadioShack.
Unfortunately, over the years she became a little,... TOO devoted.

And with the loss of her product line, the gradual fall from grace of her company, and her tireless efforts to disguise all those inconvenient facts,... well,.....

...Let's just say she became a little,... pathological.  @@;

In fact she's already been legally excommunicated from the Cult 15 years ago, after she scared one too many young employees with her ferverous rampage about seemingly silly things (like not leveling out their name tags).  Unfortunately, she cannot comprehend that notion in her mind, and not only still practices her religion, but also regularly "inspects" random Radio Shacks every once in a while, usually resulting in her being tossed out by some mall security.
Holy craaaaaaap! There is devoted, and there is downright insane. TRS DOS-tan falls into the latter but I like her because she is so freaking crazy (and cute)!

Living in the presence of other OS-tans just as crazy as she is (OS/2-sama and QNX-chan) has helped mellow her out a little in recent years.  But don't be fooled, as she can ignite with any improperly-spoken comment.
That's unusual, being around OS/2-tan so much would normally make someone crazier! QNX-tan may be crazy (and a mad scientist!) but she is also very cheerful, friendly, and nonchalant! (and even trusted as a medic, car mechanic and even nuclear power plant supervisor!)

Plus she revels with joy at the fact that she knows very little about much of anything new (or even old), and likes to keep it that way.  OS/2-sama and gang have to literally strap her to a chair and pry her eyelids open in order to make her watch a webpage.
...Although I like TRS DOS-tan very much, I would NOT like to meet her in real life at all, being that stubborn!

GAAAAAAH!!!  I must've OD'ed on Stupid Pills that morning!!!  I'm SO SORRY!  You're right, it is!!  ^0^

*C-chan wallows in shame*
What were you doing taking Stupid Pills in the first place? ¬__¬

QuoteOh well, that's fine.  ^___^
After all, System 1-chan is a pretty small girl.  It might be difficult finding glass slippers in her size, since no manufacturer or shoe maker [willing to avoid a veritable tidal wave of lawsuits] would dare make glass shoes for little kids.  ^______________^;
Those would turn dangerous really quickly and could even be lethal weapons!

You can imagine the sighs of relief exhaled throughout the land once EXEC-sama and GENIAC-chan became good friends.  ^o^;
And it's a task simple enough for GENIAC-chan to do as well!

Wow!  Sugoiness^13!!!  ^v^
I hadn't seen a panel for this story in a while, so it was quite the surprise to see one posted up on the front page.  ^____^
It's been more than a month since I posted up a new page because I completely lost my focus when I just wanted to work on and post up a ZS page or two to balance out the sap from this story but then I completely shifted my focus to ZS, and then to more pictures now back to this!

Waaaah. I have such a hard time focusing on multiple things, am not very good at multitasking and I am extremely scatterbrained!

This reminds me of what we were talking about roughly a month ago -- that System 1-chan would literally learn Newspeak right before the party.  Course, it begs the question how a Newspeak dictionary wound up in the old Apple Mansion (almost said "Mac House", but it wouldn't have existed then, wouldn't it?  ^__~), but its a cute bit of randomness.  ^.^
Well, "1984" was published in 1949 so a Newspeak-to-Oldspeak dictionary could have been around as far back as that year.

Say, doesn't that dictionary look familiar? Like the one that Ahiru-chan carries around? That is not a coincedence! In fact, she later gave it to Ahiru-chan!

My particular favorite panels are 2 and 3, where we get the cutest shots of a consternated ][-chan on the one hand, and an anxious System 1-chan in the other.  ^_____^

The story continues to be riveting, so by all means please continue.  I'm DYING to see the look on Lisa-chan's face when she sees (and hears) the new System 1-chan.  ^v^
I'm still focused on this story and am determined to finish it! Pages 14 and 15 are currently in progress in PS and I am up to page 18 sketched out! I'm almost done!

Oh, and yeah....

*complimentary SWOON*  XvX
thank you! :D