Apricot Desk-Mate Software Hatsune Miku

Started by JA8956 / Patrick, June 09, 2008, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JA8956 / Patrick

Well after a little investigation i found this program.
You may know it from some OS-Tan windows greetings , there it was in the background.

The small gir you see over there is Hatsune Miku ( Vocaloid audio software )

here is a picture how it looks on the screen : http://ostan-collections.net/topic-211-920.html

If you want this small program , dl it from there :  http://f.hatena.ne.jp/kawatan/20080422015235

PS: installation on 64bit Opperaing Systems is a little tricky, download version 「Apricot 3.46」 and coppy the whole x64 in the main folder , and override the original files. otherwhis it wont runn here ( Vista x64SP1 HP here )

and now an other thing , i guess it schuld be easy to replace miku with an OS-TAN yust by alternating the gif files in the image folders, well lets ry it out

CaptBrenden

humm that might just work... a 3.1 deskmate is a must!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

__ChAnDLeR__

niice .. i am gonna mess with it and see!

JA8956 / Patrick

Today i found a new version.

It works fine on windows xp ( testet on my eee-pc 4G  UMPC) and with windows vista 64bit ( testet on my asus z-53 jp   Notebook ).

64Bit O/S users must coppy the  files fom the x64 folder  in the main folder , and overwrite the other files.

Improvements , now she talks a lot more , and also a learnig funtion is avavible.

But sill this nice software is in japanese only , lets hope someday for an englisch version.

http://f.hatena.ne.jp/kawatan/20080422015235      ( Choose Apricot 3.54 )

[attachment deleted by admin]

iDarbert

Aah, desktop mates.
It brings my memory back to the old days of caprone.exe; old but still way more advanced than any other desktop mate I ever downloaded.

That little rascall actually used to run on top of your windows and fall down when you closed them, countless hours of fun watching the weird stuff that randomly happened to him.

JA8956 / Patrick

well im allways interested in that stuff , do you still have a coppy or a download link ?

iDarbert

Quote from: "JA8956 / Patrick"well im allways interested in that stuff , do you still have a coppy or a download link ?
I had it on a old floppy disk it's probably lost today, but I was able to find it around.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hdwbhctnm4d

I can't test it right now so I'm not completely sure it's the right one, but I'm pretty positive it's that one.

http://www.geocities.com/siennaj/Esheep2/
This is the official website.

RandiNinja

Great!! Apricot is in Japanese!! I dont understand any of it!! Anyone have the english version??? Translation??? Would you mind to post it here???

NejinOniwa

Hey, it's a deskmate. No need to understand much of it, really.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

RandiNinja

But, Miku-tan is saying something usefull like weather report, time and event, something new on the net(RSS), and she also give us a little suggestion or info about something..... ;063
furthermore she has her own vocabulary and know the meaning of words...

this is what i read from Apricot website using google translate
QuoteWhat is Apricot?

"Apricot (apricot)" is software that the character resides in desktop, the RSS/Atom feeding in the Internet is [tekisutomainngu]ed, and the character talks about without permission based on the result.

(excerpt on [apurikotan].NET "Apricot" page)

Apricot is a desktop mascot who resides in desktop the character, and talks about a lot capriciously as shown in the above-mentioned explanation.

The character informs them of it, and talks about the key word entering it with RSS (In a word, it is popular in the blog etc.) picking up updated information from RSS of the blog etc.

For instance, there is the one "I want to eat ${ food }" in the dialog part of the configuration file of the character of [hiroshiuruwashi] [tamashiiyume].

This is to replace "I want to eat the hamburger" when RSS and the hamburger is a popular key word when talking about this dialog.

Other existing dialogs are synthesized and it talks about a quite different dialog, it informs them when there is a newly arriving e-mail in Gmail, and the display of the tune reproducing with iTunes etc. are displayed.

A new character is made to live in desktop by adding the character, and moreover, the image and the dialog, etc. can be set for myself and the character be made.

that's why i want to understand what she's saying... ;063

NejinOniwa

Well, then I guess you could try on translating the config files.
Run it through a translator, and then edit the stuff so it becomes readable and not eye-cancer.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

RandiNinja

Yup!! i'll try that..

Added after 3 hours 15 minutes:

No goooood!! ;014

Miku-tan dialogue is found in the character XML confirmed!
but Miku-tan sentences is non standard.... how do i say it... it contains a lot of terminology and suffix and such....

Atlas translator is not really usefull for this one....

Seems i have to wait for someone who knows Japanese language, willing to take this noble work, translate it then post it here..... ;063

Xi Wang chan

Doooooownloading ^___^...

Quote from: "randi.ninja"Yup!! i'll try that..

Added after 3 hours 15 minutes:

No goooood!! ;014

Miku-tan dialogue is found in the character XML confirmed!
but Miku-tan sentences is non standard.... how do i say it... it contains a lot of terminology and suffix and such....

Atlas translator is not really usefull for this one....

Seems i have to wait for someone who knows Japanese language, willing to take this noble work, translate it then post it here..... ;063

May be useful JWPce and a tons of patience ^^'...

RandiNinja

Whoaaa.... absolutely need a lot of patience... :(

JA8956 / Patrick

Hi, it has been a while since i put some updates here , ( i was the last month on bord of a containership )

Ok anyhow here is a new version of apricot 3.9.
You can download it here : http://www.apricotan.net/download.html
then click on        Apricot 3.9のダã,¦ãƒ³ãƒ­ãƒ¼ãƒ‰

As usuall for 64 bit useres pls coppy the X64 content in your main folder and overwrite the existing files .

Also ensure you have the newest version of Microsoft net framework installed ( 3.5 ) otherwise the program is not running properly.
Next tip, if you install it on drive C you must runn it with admin rights ( vista users only )

Any questions , pm me im at home until mid of march , then im going back to my ship