OK, I'm guilty

Started by iDarbert, June 06, 2008, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

Gentlemen...

QuoteFunny is that, "Caramelldansen" is a pretty old thing.
The recent super hueg popularity is probably because of the japanese finding out about it. IIRC originally the caramelldansen was a "western" idea.
Actually I recall Popotan OP parodies with different characters before the first caramelldansen ever appeared.

Darknight_88

The popotan dance was good and funny, but adding Caramelldansen to the mix made it godly.

Also, arguing about how it should be called its as silly as the whole GNU/Linux naming debate. IMHO.

iDarbert

Quote from: "Darknight_88"The popotan dance was good and funny, but adding Caramelldansen to the mix made it godly.

Also, arguing about how it should be called its as silly as the whole GNU/Linux naming debate. IMHO.
But of course, I don't recall saying "people is stupid, it should be called Popotan OP parody, not caramelldansen".

What's so stupid about the GNU/Linux debate anyway? I don't think it's even a debate; it's GNU/Linux, Linux just refers to the kernel, period.

Darknight_88

QuoteWhat's so stupid about the GNU/Linux debate anyway? I don't think it's even a debate; it's GNU/Linux, Linux just refers to the kernel, period.

It's silly because a lot of people are already used to call it Linux. It's more simple saying "Linux" than "GNU slash linux". It's not like anyone who takes the time to learn about Linux will be oblivious to the fact that Linux is just the kernel.

It's like going to a store and asking for 9.8 Newtons instead of 1 Kg of something. It's technically more correct, but people are used to using Kg (or pounds, whatever they use in the USA).

And this ends here. I don't even use Linux to care about naming conventions, and this thread is about dancing.
woo.

iDarbert

QuoteIt's silly because a lot of people are already used to call it Linux. It's more simple saying "Linux" than "GNU slash linux". It's not like anyone who takes the time to learn about Linux will be oblivious to the fact that Linux is just the kernel.
So two wrongs make a right, right?

QuoteIt's like going to a store and asking for 9.8 Newtons instead of 1 Kg of something. It's technically more correct, but people are used to using Kg (or pounds, whatever they use in the USA).
It's not, because you are referring to the mass, not the weight.
They are different units for different measures.

QuoteAnd this ends here. I don't even use Linux to care about naming conventions, and this thread is about dancing.
woo.
So you spoke, so it shall be.

NejinOniwa

It's like going to a store and asking for 9.8 Newtons instead of 1 Kg of something. It's technically more correct, but people are used to using Kg (or pounds, whatever they use in the USA).
Hey! That's not right either! Newton is measurement for force, in this case the force created by gravity pulling an object of a certain mass in its direction; Kilograms are measurement for mass, which is what we're trying to find out here. If you measured by Newton instead, 9.8 N of apples would be much more on the moon than here on Earth! And-

...okay. I'll shut up.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
Hey! That's not right either! Newton is measurement for force, in this case the force created by gravity pulling an object of a certain mass in its direction; Kilograms are measurement for mass, which is what we're trying to find out here. If you measured by Newton instead, 9.8 N of apples would be much more on the moon than here on Earth! And-

...okay. I'll shut up.
FORCE! That's the term I was looking for!
Thank you! It's been nagging me for some time.

NejinOniwa

Theoretic physics lol ^^

Darknight_88

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"

...okay. I'll shut up.

In mechanics, Newtons are used to measure force *and weight*
I failed to explain the context.

In everyday's life, when you go to the store, when people say Kilograms they think they're referring to the weight, but using mass units. That's why it's technically incorrect.

QuoteSo you spoke, so it shall be.

For the GNU/Linux naming debate, from my side of the tubes its over. I'm not stopping you from discussing it with someone else. EDIT: *Preferably in other thread.*
We just call it weight, even though its totally wrong.

This is my point.

CaptBrenden

QuoteFor the GNU/Linux naming debate, from my side of the tubes its over. I'm not stopping you from discussing it with someone else.

I am, at least here.  Back to discussing the carmeldansen, or posting carmeldansen, preferably OS-tan related.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

In mechanics, Newtons are used to measure force *and weight*
I failed to explain the context.

In everyday's life, when you go to the store, when people say Kilograms they think they're referring to the weight, but using mass units. That's why it's technically incorrect.

The mass is constant, no matter the gravity. The weight is M*g=N, thus a function of the mass of an object and the gravity that affects it. One kilogram of apples is always one kilogram of apples, no matter where you might be it's always the same amount; However, 9.8 Newton of apples, while being 1 kg on earth, is in outer space so many apples Even Horo Wouldn't Eat Them All.
One kilogram of apples is always one kilogram of apples. We just call it weight, even though its totally wrong.

GNU/Linux matters, I'm not getting into.

CaptBrenden

I should hope the disscusion or weight should be ending in this thread as well...

<_< >_>

*carmeldansen's*

NejinOniwa

I know. I was ending it. Now back to OS-Tans, as Captain Capslock says.

Added after 53 seconds:

WEE NEED SOME CARAMELLDANSEN .GIFS HEAR NOW!
That way, we can make our own OS-tan version.

iDarbert

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"In everyday's life, when you go to the store, when people say Kilograms they think they're referring to the weight, but using mass units. That's why it's technically incorrect.
Yes, but a balance calculates the MASS, which is what most of the people think it's the weight.
It's not a technical mistake, it's just using the wrong term, from a pratical standpoint using kilograms or newtons is NOT the same thing.

Anyway I've posted my cd, since this is a war I can't post another one until someone else does.

CaptBrenden

I said that discussion was over.  No one had better those in the "last word" again.  

anyhow, still working on mine, Im gonna try and animate it, not just draw one frame