Eric Schwartz "Still Alive" tribute animation to Amiga

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, May 18, 2008, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

Eric Schwartz was one of pioneers of the home-made computer animation, thanks to Amiga.

He won lots of animation competitions in the eighties and in the nineties, and was also the guy who created the first Amiga mascotte (i.e. a sort of Amiga-Tan before even the concept of OS-TANs was born) in the person of Amy the Squirrel, a very sexy furry lady.

Last month he created, still all using with his Amiga 4000 (except he assembled the anim for youtube thru Macintosh), this nice tribute animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mg6wrYCT9Q

Enjoy it! Enjoy Amiga!
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-Chan

Aa sou sou,... it's great to see some of recent works by Amy-san's creator.  ^^

Pitkin

Bella

ZOMG get me a net it's a Pitkin sighting!!!

But really, that was a great video! I really enjoyed it! ^_^

And yeah, Amy has gotten quite a makeover, too ^////^

iDarbert

What a sad use for a lovely song.

I think I lost all respect for the Amiga fandom in one blow.

CaptBrenden

:P funny thing tho.. I think i played portal/halflife 2 on a Windows PC

Plus, I distance myself from anyone that makes furries these days.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

iDarbert

Quote from: "CaptBrenden":P funny thing tho.. I think i played portal/halflife 2 on a Windows PC
I sincerly hope he did *not* play Portal, otherwise such use of GLaDOS would be unforgivable.

I'll just convince myself he heard the song and decided to abuse it like that.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "iDarbert"

Come on... Don't be so serious... Don't you see the humor in it?  ;012
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

NejinOniwa

YIFF YIFF YIFF

(or wait, I didn't see it yet)
still
YIFF YIFF YIFF

CaptBrenden

No not really :P  no humor seen, maybe I need my binos to see it out on the horizon
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

iDarbert

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"

Nope.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"

Nope.

Various times worldwide morons said Amiga is dead after the Commodore demise, and it is still here with various new hardware, three different OSs descending from it, and various clones of ancient hardware...

Eric Schwartz drawn many images depicting "Still Alive Amigas" to answer to these morons, and when he heard that music, he used it for his animation because it is perfect fitting for it.

This animation features still alive Amiga making jokes about Peecees, by poisoning it with Viruses (it is still true danger for PCs) and eliminating Macintosh as she was was a killer.

Now this animation it is just fun. If you don't like it, then It is not my guilty.

I don't care of your taste... For me it is funny.

If you do not like it, then just do no see it...

There are worst things on internet...

And there are worst things even from Amiga zealots...

Now you seen Eric Schwartz "Still Alive" animation an you disliked it...

Now what you have done if I had shown you this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVUB4eElTo

[attachment deleted by admin]
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

iDarbert

QuoteVarious times worldwide morons said Amiga is dead after the Commodore demise, and it is still here with various new hardware, three different OSs descending from it, and various clones of ancient hardware...
And how is that being still alive?
Back when the Amiga was great everyone had one, now if you want one you have to find it one in some convention or buy one of those PowerPC-based clones.
Tha Amiga may not be technically dead in the sense that it does still exist as a platform, but to speak as like nothing has changed is plain delusional.

QuoteEric Schwartz drawn many images depicting "Still Alive Amigas" to answer to these morons, and when he heard that music, he used it for his animation because it is perfect fitting for it.
Yet it's got NOTHING to do with the actual meaning of the lyrics, which you can't truly understand unless you play Portal.

QuoteThis animation features still alive Amiga making jokes about Peecees, by poisoning it with Viruses (it is still true danger for PCs) and eliminating Macintosh as she was was a killer.

QuoteNow this animation it is just fun. If you don't like it, then It is not my guilty.
It almost looks as it is though, you took so much hassle to try to explain to me why it's funny.
I frankly don't even care.

QuoteI don't care of your taste... For me it is funny.
Here you iterate again.

QuoteIf you do not like it, then just do no see it...
That's exactly what I do.
Why are you making such a big deal out of it?

QuoteThere are worst things on internet...
So just because there are worse things I'm not allowed to voice my opinion on less worse things?

QuoteAnd there are worst things even from Amiga zealots...
I guess.

QuoteNow you seen Eric Schwartz "Still Alive" animation an you disliked it...
Yep, what's so hard to accept about it?

QuoteNow what you have done if I had shown you this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVUB4eElTo
Random, not really funny but worth a chuckle I guess.
I'll tell you, it's actually funnier than most of the "I'm a Mac I'm a PC" spoofs I've seen around.

You even take the hassle of replying with a picture and... wait? Uffa?
Mica sei italiano per caso? o_O

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed that quote of Jean-Louis Gassée on your signature, I completely forgot about that guy! To think he actually left a successfull company to found Be, Inc.
Though honestly looking at it Apple wasn't in a good place at the moment, that quote being from 96 which if I recall correctly wasn't one of their best years.
Ironically the Amiga was the one that didn't survive the competition, while Apple actually kept existing and still exists.