Mini Midnight Madness

Started by C-Chan, April 15, 2008, 11:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteATARI-DOS-chan! She's so cute :3

Thank you.  ^.^

QuoteIs that a magician look she's going for? And what's that in her left hand?

Tsk tsk tsk,... seems a certain Bella hasn't seen her Gallery profile yet.   `v'
No problem, I'll repost it for the both of them:

Mini PilotOS-tan
Infinity Zero-style rendition of PilotOS-tan, and as yet never-before-seen character personifying the Operating System for the old Xerox Star. Her cap bears her old company logo, and in her hand she carries a Smith & Wesson M&P circa 1915.

Mini AtariDOS-tan
Infinity Zero-style rendition of AtariDOS-tan, a a previously hand-sketched but never drawn character personifying the Operating System for the line of Atari 8-bit home computers. Though not shown properly from this angle, her hair is braided in the fashion of the Atari logo, and her magician's uniform contains many elements of the system embedded in it. Her magic wand is actually an Atari Remote Controller (from the video game line, but still compatible with the home computers) with an elongated receiver

I do remember using those old "wireless" controllers -- very corny by today's standards, and the recievers were actually too flexible to hold up the VERY heavy base.  But AtariDOS-chan is a magician, so she can get away with it.  ^.^;

I can't remember why I wanted to maker a magician, but I guess my reasoning was that Atari used quite a bit of marketing "smoke & mirrors" to make their technically-inferior 8-bit computers competitive.  The 16-bit ST series was actually a lot better (enough to give Amiga-sama a run for her money in some areas), but with their reputation tanking after 1985 it was too little too late.  The old 8-bit Atari XE my brother used to own had very crappy software, and 98% of all the games we had were just hacked versions of C64 games his friends lent him.  ^^;

In any event, back to the present.....  ^____^'

AtariDOS-chan's cape and clothing makes her look more impressive than her actual skill set would reveal.  But underneath that she's actually a very kind-hearted, fun-loving and innocent girl.  If not for her old-fashioned mannerisms and very antiquated prop comedy, she acts her appearance rather than her age (~30).  ^^'

She spends nearly all her time with PET-chan and ][-chan, forming a very inseparable, soft-spoken, tea-drinking trio.  Although they used to be adversaries, they're now the best of friends -- neither PET-chan nor ][-chan would be willing to do anything more mischievous than stealing A-chan's Prestige and ransoming it for chore favors.  ^.^;

QuoteI also downloaded the new template; cool, now I can see closeups of all your Minis!

Glad you like it.  ^___^
Makes for one HELLUVA large SVG, though.  ^^;

QuotePilot OS-tan is soooooo cool! A disgruntled, foul-mouthing pilot girl! Awesome!

Thank you.  ^.^
I'm thinking of drawing her alongside with PC-DOS-chan on her plane, complete with the usual engine trouble.  When that happens, the two let loose quite a colorful "Tapestry of Profanities".  ^^;

In any event, time for some more legacy postings....
First three are Infinity-san's, the last one's mine (based on Gus-san's famous Virus-tans ^^):

Viru-sama:

Mimail:

Spida:

Acme:

Bella

QuoteMini PilotOS-tan
Infinity Zero-style rendition of PilotOS-tan, and as yet never-before-seen character personifying the Operating System for the old Xerox Star. Her cap bears her old company logo, and in her hand she carries a Smith & Wesson M&P circa 1915.

I was wondering how you drew that pistol...but I saw in the SVG file that it's just a bitmap trace :P

QuoteMini AtariDOS-tan
Infinity Zero-style rendition of AtariDOS-tan, a a previously hand-sketched but never drawn character personifying the Operating System for the line of Atari 8-bit home computers. Though not shown properly from this angle, her hair is braided in the fashion of the Atari logo, and her magician's uniform contains many elements of the system embedded in it. Her magic wand is actually an Atari Remote Controller (from the video game line, but still compatible with the home computers) with an elongated receiver

I do remember using those old "wireless" controllers -- very corny by today's standards, and the recievers were actually too flexible to hold up the VERY heavy base. But AtariDOS-chan is a magician, so she can get away with it. ^.^;

I can't remember why I wanted to maker a magician, but I guess my reasoning was that Atari used quite a bit of marketing "smoke & mirrors" to make their technically-inferior 8-bit computers competitive. The 16-bit ST series was actually a lot better (enough to give Amiga-sama a run for her money in some areas), but with their reputation tanking after 1985 it was too little too late. The old 8-bit Atari XE my brother used to own had very crappy software, and 98% of all the games we had were just hacked versions of C64 games his friends lent him. ^^;

QuoteAtariDOS-chan's cape and clothing makes her look more impressive than her actual skill set would reveal. But underneath that she's actually a very kind-hearted, fun-loving and innocent girl. If not for her old-fashioned mannerisms and very antiquated prop comedy, she acts her appearance rather than her age (~30). ^^'

She spends nearly all her time with PET-chan and ][-chan, forming a very inseparable, soft-spoken, tea-drinking trio. Although they used to be adversaries, they're now the best of friends -- neither PET-chan nor ][-chan would be willing to do anything more mischievous than stealing A-chan's Prestige and ransoming it for chore favors. ^.^;

Oooh, AtariDOS-chan is an interesting character :)

QuoteThank you. ^.^
I'm thinking of drawing her alongside with PC-DOS-chan on her plane, complete with the usual engine trouble. When that happens, the two let loose quite a colorful "Tapestry of Profanities". ^^;

Now THAT'D be really %$#*ing awesome!  ;010

C-Chan

QuoteI was wondering how you drew that pistol...but I saw in the SVG file that it's just a bitmap trace :P

For that uber-miniscule detail, I'm allowed to cheat a little.  Especially since I was WELL over half-an-hour at the time.  ^.^'

(I've gotten a lot better since)

QuoteOooh, AtariDOS-chan is an interesting character

Contrasting that to Atari ST-san, who's a bit on the shallow side, Atari-chan is actually quite an interesting little thing.  For an idea of her personality, try taking two serviings of Alvis from Last Exile, a scoop of Sakura from CCS, mix in a blender, add a dash of marjoram, and serve over warm toast with a trickle of sap.  ^^;

For reasons I can't get into without delving more into my impossible manga stories, she's good friends with Windows 95 OSR 2.5-sama as well.  

QuoteNow THAT'D be really %$#*ing awesome!

It'd at least give me a chance to draw the X-Star (Pilot-chan's plane).  Design wise it would be a canard-style plane fusing the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden and Richard Pearse's Flying Machine (which, much like Pilot-chan's own forgotten legacy, could've been considered the first airplane to fly successfully, if not for the unfortunate detail of being built in far-off New Zealand).  ^^'

Might be a good diorema to stick in other vintage-tans in the background (covering their ears, of course).  ^.^

=======================

In any event, just wanted to quickly dump these before I disappeared off again for a while....

First two tributes to Siya-san's latest beauties:

FreeSBIE:

RoFreeSBIE:

Then a small tribute to one of my favorite of Bella-san's Divas.  ^_____^

PrimOS:

Aurora Borealis

Macintosh System 4.2-tan:

Macintosh System 4.4-tan:

Bella

PR1MOS-tan! I was never expecting her. And System 4.4 and 4.2-tan...Very nice job!

QuoteFor that uber-miniscule detail, I'm allowed to cheat a little. Especially since I was WELL over half-an-hour at the time. ^.^'

(I've gotten a lot better since)

No, I think that's clever. I probably would have forgone that detail, but you went the extra mile.

QuoteContrasting that to Atari ST-san, who's a bit on the shallow side, Atari-chan is actually quite an interesting little thing. For an idea of her personality, try taking two serviings of Alvis from Last Exile, a scoop of Sakura from CCS, mix in a blender, add a dash of marjoram, and serve over warm toast with a trickle of sap. ^^;

For reasons I can't get into without delving more into my impossible manga stories, she's good friends with Windows 95 OSR 2.5-sama as well.

Hmmm...you think we'll see an Atari ST-tan in the future?

Oh, and nice way to pique my interest--she's buddies with OSR 2.5-san?

QuoteIt'd at least give me a chance to draw the X-Star (Pilot-chan's plane). Design wise it would be a canard-style plane fusing the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden and Richard Pearse's Flying Machine (which, much like Pilot-chan's own forgotten legacy, could've been considered the first airplane to fly successfully, if not for the unfortunate detail of being built in far-off New Zealand). ^^'

Might be a good diorema to stick in other vintage-tans in the background (covering their ears, of course). ^.^

Sounds neat :D

C-Chan

QuoteMacintosh System 4.2-tan:

Macintosh System 4.4-tan:

YAY!!  The Unghostly One and the Pigtailed Wonder available in Mini form!!  That's what I call a pleasant surprise!  ADDED!  ^___^

BTW, how are y'all finding the Indexing system?  ^^

QuotePR1MOS-tan! I was never expecting her. And System 4.4 and 4.2-tan...Very nice job!

Thank you Bella-san.  ^^
After Siya, I noticed I hadn't done any fanart of your characters since VMS-sama (SAM-chan doesn't count, and the characters I'm holding hostage, well,.... yeah, that's just Baka C-chan being Baka C-chan.  ^^;

But I LOVE PrimOS-san, and what better way to express my love, eh?  ^___^

BTW, I do have to scold you a bit -- I didn't actually see her in the image galleries (only the SVG one).  ^0^

QuoteNo, I think that's clever. I probably would have forgone that detail, but you went the extra mile.

Wikipedia > Desktop > Import Bitmap > Trace Bitmap > Resize/Reposition

We'll call it the extra "foot" instead.  ^^;

QuoteHmmm...you think we'll see an Atari ST-tan in the future?

Well now that we're drawing minis again, anything's possible.  ^.^
I still have to figure out a way to make her "Ranpha-inspired" but not TOO "Ranpha-like", if that makes any sense at all.  ^__________^'

QuoteOh, and nice way to pique my interest--she's buddies with OSR 2.5-san?

Well not close buddies per se, but friends at least.  ^^

There was a heartwarming manga idea I had in mind, which worked itself out to be a kind of day-in-the-life of for AtariDOS-chan.  I have OSR 2.5-sama as something of a peddling merchant, selling her manga panels but not really having much in the way of "clients" in the rural areas.  

...Except for Atari-chan, who LOVES her work and is essentially her number one buyer.  

One day, as Atari-chan reads the latest article, they both get attacked by a hacked 2K-tan who proves a bit too strong for OSR 2.5-sama.  Atari-chan draws attention to herself right before 2.5-sama gets slashed -- but in order for 2.5-sama to save her right back, she's forced to hurl her art bag at the hacked OS-tan.  A few quick strikes later and the creature is defeated, but by then then her manga and art supplies are soaked beyond repair, and Atari-chan cries feeling responsible for the event.  

The remainder of the story would've involved her, PET-chan and ][-chan embarking on a journey to find a replacement manga panel for 2.5-sama's last work.  Won't tell you who it ends, but it gets quite heartwarming.  ^^

==================

Oh, and don't mind me,....
Want to take the opportunity to close up some more gaps on the list, by posting up a few more of Gus-san's virus-tans.  ^.^

Ah:

Acid:

Abraxas:

Bella

Inferno-chan:

And Plan 9-sama:

QuoteThank you Bella-san. ^^
After Siya, I noticed I hadn't done any fanart of your characters since VMS-sama (SAM-chan doesn't count, and the characters I'm holding hostage, well,.... yeah, that's just Baka C-chan being Baka C-chan. ^^;

Hmmm...I hadn't noticed that ;)

QuoteBut I LOVE PrimOS-san, and what better way to express my love, eh? ^___^

BTW, I do have to scold you a bit -- I didn't actually see her in the image galleries (only the SVG one). ^0^

Oopsie, I could have sworn I uploaded the PNG image to my gallery...

QuoteWell now that we're drawing minis again, anything's possible. ^.^
I still have to figure out a way to make her "Ranpha-inspired" but not TOO "Ranpha-like", if that makes any sense at all. ^__________^'

...A little?

QuoteWell not close buddies per se, but friends at least. ^^

There was a heartwarming manga idea I had in mind, which worked itself out to be a kind of day-in-the-life of for AtariDOS-chan. I have OSR 2.5-sama as something of a peddling merchant, selling her manga panels but not really having much in the way of "clients" in the rural areas.

...Except for Atari-chan, who LOVES her work and is essentially her number one buyer.

One day, as Atari-chan reads the latest article, they both get attacked by a hacked 2K-tan who proves a bit too strong for OSR 2.5-sama. Atari-chan draws attention to herself right before 2.5-sama gets slashed -- but in order for 2.5-sama to save her right back, she's forced to hurl her art bag at the hacked OS-tan. A few quick strikes later and the creature is defeated, but by then then her manga and art supplies are soaked beyond repair, and Atari-chan cries feeling responsible for the event.

The remainder of the story would've involved her, PET-chan and ][-chan embarking on a journey to find a replacement manga panel for 2.5-sama's last work. Won't tell you who it ends, but it gets quite heartwarming. ^^

Wait--Is OSR 2.5-san an artist or something? At any rate, that's a sweet idea, and more proof of the One Degree of Separation between any two OS-tans :P

C-Chan

QuoteInferno-chan:

And Plan 9-sama:

*smooch*  .... and.....  *smooch*

Okay, they're inducted into the list!  ^.^

QuoteWait--Is OSR 2.5-san an artist or something? At any rate, that's a sweet idea, and more proof of the One Degree of Separation between any two OS-tans :P

Well not by trade, but she lives alone and has to subsist on something.  She's too old to be hired as a bodyguard or trusted as a teacher (at least in the newer, richer communities), so often times she does some very odd things to make money.  That includes drawing manga (and yes, in THAT style,... fufu... ^.^), but can also include stuff like making dresses or baking cakes and so on.  ^^

Bella

Quote*smooch* .... and..... *smooch*

Okay, they're inducted into the list! ^.^

I was being quite lazy, so I just threw together an outfit for Inferno-chan. Something vaguely...Eureka-ish. Lawl.

QuoteWell not by trade, but she lives alone and has to subsist on something. She's too old to be hired as a bodyguard or trusted as a teacher (at least in the newer, richer communities), so often times she does some very odd things to make money.

Oh I see, she's not with the rest of her family...

QuoteThat includes drawing manga (and yes, in THAT style,... fufu... ^.^), but can also include stuff like making dresses or baking cakes and so on. ^^

In THAT style....?

*lightbulb goes on*

Aha! So she's to blame for all them XP-tan doujins? XD

C-Chan

Oh CRUD!  I just noticed I didn't add Inferno-chan and Plan9-sama to The List yet.  @@

Sorry Bell-san.  ^_________^'

*konks self in head, then goes off to update The List*

QuoteI was being quite lazy, so I just threw together an outfit for Inferno-chan. Something vaguely...Eureka-ish. Lawl.

Fufu... someone's into Eureka Seven it seems.  I still need to get the other volumes.  ^__^

QuoteOh I see, she's not with the rest of her family...

Nope,... just stops by infrequently to tease/usurp Hacchan and mooch some food.  ^v^

QuoteIn THAT style....?

*lightbulb goes on*

Aha! So she's to blame for all them XP-tan doujins? XD

I................ guess............... ^_______________^'

==============================

Oh, and here's a few more Minis to plug up some holes.  First two lovelies belong to Aurora-hime, the last one was Infinity-san's homage to Tsubashi's first OS-tan.  ^^

Apple I

Apple II

Apple Newton

Bella

Minix-san here feels quite strongly about microkernals, as you can tell.

And I is going to take a photo of you! Lawl.

And to post some more of Infinity-san's work...

My favorite Windows, XP-tan:

My least favorite Windows, the 98 sisters:

OSX-tan:

And a tribute to Nejin-san, DC-tan:

My favorite Manically Delicious OS-tan, 2.0-chan:

And the mother of all x9 Windows, 1.0-san:

Alfamille

I've requested an Atari-tan like a year ago. I didn't noticed it was already done.  o_o

A big thanks to C!  ;010  

C-Chan

No problemo, Alfamille-san.  ^^

In any event, I had added Bella-hime's latest Minis before, but,... well,...... okay, I'll relink.  ^__^

And rinse and repeat swoonage too..... ^.^

*swoons*

C-Chan

I'm mysteriously posting these up just for the heck of it.  Not sure why,... tis a mystery why I drew up VMS-sama minis out of the blue.  ^.^

I explicity called her "OpenVMS", since I plan her original name of "VMS" to represent her younger self (the rapier-wielding, brash DEC officer), which I might draw later on.  ^.^

Also posting the Sauce for no particular reason... *chortle chortle*

[attachment deleted by admin]

Siya

Adorable as usual, C-Chan! ^^