Some random sketches

Started by iDarbert, March 17, 2008, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

And pretty awful ones, but you be the judge.

VonDaab

Awful...
Wait, what?

Whoa! this is some darn good!

Even for a sketch, this is really good, really.

iDarbert

Pen sketch to be precise, so I can't erase mistaken lines.

Aurora Borealis

Yay! You got started on posting your artwork which is not awful at all! In fact it is very nice and I like it! Very cute, the proportions are good and the coloring is sketchy yet very effective!

Btw, is the girl on the lower right by any chance an iPhone-tan?

NejinOniwa

It's some Mac stuff.
And IT'S NOT FUCKING LEOPARD-KUN SHIT.
Also quality.

You're clearly underestimating yourself here, MAH BOI!
*stamp of approval*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

iDarbert

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Yay! You got started on posting your artwork which is not awful at all! In fact it is very nice and I like it! Very cute, the proportions are good and the coloring is sketchy yet very effective!

QuoteBtw, is the girl on the lower right by any chance an iPhone-tan?
Yep, she is.

QuoteYou're clearly underestimating yourself here, MAH BOI!
*stamp of approval*
Great! I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!

NejinOniwa

EH, WUT IS THIS I HEAR BOUT DODONGOS?
Make it a Roll, boi.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

iDarbert

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"EH, WUT IS THIS I HEAR BOUT DODONGOS?
Make it a Roll, boi.
I wonder what's for dinner...
By the way I believe this is called ¨Some random sketcheS¨, so I'll have to throw another one in in order to make it right.

Bella

Oh wow, nice job! You really have a way with posing and expressions....your Tiger-tan is very sassy and cute! The iPhone-tan is cute too. The only other iPhone-tan I had seen previously was my own. I really hope we see more from you in the future!

And I take, from your name, that you are a Mac fan too. This means you need a suitable avatar...

*points iDarbert toward Mac gallery*

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=7

iDarbert

Quote from: "Bella"Oh wow, nice job! You really have a way with posing and expressions....your Tiger-tan is very sassy and cute! The iPhone-tan is cute too. The only other iPhone-tan I had seen previously was my own. I really hope we see more from you in the future!

And I take, from your name, that you are a Mac fan too. This means you need a suitable avatar...

*points iDarbert toward Mac gallery*

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=7
I was planning to work on that as soon as I get back to my usual workstation, right now I'm borrowing a PC until I fly back to Italy.

I may as well put a temporary avatar for now...

By the way, I haven't seen your iPhone-tan, is she in the gallery?

Bella

QuoteI was planning to work on that as soon as I get back to my usual workstation, right now I'm borrowing a PC until I fly back to Italy.

Oooh, so you are a Mac fan! I personally use XP and play around with Linux, but my next computer will almost definitely be a Mac :P

QuoteI may as well put a temporary avatar for now...

*waits to see awesome avi*

QuoteBy the way, I haven't seen your iPhone-tan, is she in the gallery?

Well, the iPhone that I drew was part of a pic with OS X Leopard-tan, so she just got a cameo compared to her big "sister". I drew her quite small, as a parallel with CE-tan, Newton-tan, Palm OS-tan, etc.

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/11522/drawingbackground2.png

iDarbert

Quote from: "Bella"Oooh, so you are a Mac fan! I personally use XP and play around with Linux, but my next computer will almost definitely be a Mac :P
Well, I'm a Mac user... I used to be more of a fanatic but I gave up on that, people eventually become interested to Macs without having us to keep reminding about them  ;012
I still love my machine though, that I cannot change :D

Quote*waits to see awesome avi*
I don't know if it's awesome, but now it's on :)

QuoteWell, the iPhone that I drew was part of a pic with OS X Leopard-tan, so she just got a cameo compared to her big "sister". I drew her quite small, as a parallel with CE-tan, Newton-tan, Palm OS-tan, etc.

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/11522/drawingbackground2.png
Very nice!
I see you went for the fairy design a-la-Windows CE, I opted for a different concept, though I don't really have any pictures of it right now.

Bella

To answer you...

1: Yep, I like letting the OS do it's own talking. A great OS can catch attention without a lot of hype.

2: Yes, it's very awesome!

3: Thank you! I'm surprised we haven't see more iPhone-tan designs, considering all the attention surrounding the product ;)

iDarbert

Quote from: "Bella"3: Thank you! I'm surprised we haven't see more iPhone-tan designs, considering all the attention surrounding the product ;)
The attention was both positive and negative though, some people cannot stand reading iPhone in the news anymore :D

But seriously I think it's because it's not out on japan yet, but anyway the iPod was a big hit worldwide and yet there is an astonishing lack of iPod-tans.
I think that in fact the whole OS-tans phenomenom just translates to just Windows-tans sadly :/
Though piro has done a good work in making moezilla, Firefox-ko is still pretty obscure though.

Bella

QuoteThe attention was both positive and negative though, some people cannot stand reading iPhone in the news anymore

But seriously I think it's because it's not out on japan yet, but anyway the iPod was a big hit worldwide and yet there is an astonishing lack of iPod-tans.
I think that in fact the whole OS-tans phenomenom just translates to just Windows-tans sadly
Though piro has done a good work in making moezilla, Firefox-ko is still pretty obscure though.

That could be true about the iPhone, but you are also correct when you say that a lot of people don't give much attention to non-Windows OS-tans. Luckily, a lot of out forum members enjoy drawing original designs, and some artists like Juzo-kun:

http://www.jkhp.it/OS-tan/desktops.htm

Have sparked some interest in non-canon designs.

As for the iPod-tans, there are some neat drawings out there if you look. Our own Aurora has done some cute iPod-tans in her comic series, as well!